Summer Games Fest/ E3 2021 Thread

Its a shame, i stopped playing AC when the started to pump them out like fifa games and then tried… Origins? The Egypt one, After reading good reviews and how they have changed the fighting mechanics and stuff… Boy, this game sucks ass - turns out the original fighting mechanic was a big part that i liked about the series. :confused:

Haven’t touched a game since and really dont feel like trying one. Maybe if they do one set in ancient asia and put social stealth back in.

3 Likes

Yeah, Ubisoft games nowadays are bloated with side activities and grinding. Like they don’t want us to touch another game for the next few weeks and only play theirs. I hate crap like this. If a game is shorter but good I’m gonna replay it, sometimes even after just finishing it cough The Darkness 2 cough :no_mouth:
Not to mention all their games start to feel the same, they incorporate the same game mechanics over and over :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

not mine but I’d say it sums it up well

3 Likes

Gamers: Could you change the AC gameplay, it is getting really old.
Ubisoft: OK we will change the gameplay, something less refined because we are before the assassins even existed
Also Gamers: This fucking sucks! Change it back right now, we hate you!

2 Likes

Fans did like Black Flag which was a first big departure for the series but only the naval stuff. The actual missions were some of the worst in the series, pretty much all of them being tailing missions. There was also a tailing mission involving your ship! “Present” timeline was also a bore.
III was hated because of the dull main characters and “present” timeline, Unity the glitches, Rogue was the poor-man’s version for those that couldn’t run Unity and Syndicate was at it’s release stale with nothing new over Unity. Oh and the main villain was the generic evil British man with pointy mustache and a top hat…

I dont know, from what i remember AC origin was very well received by press and fans, so I’m probably in the minority here

2 Likes

Nothing could run Unity it sucked ass no matter what you played it on but Rogue was not a poor man’s Unity it was a broke man’s AC:III.

Also I liked Syndicate, I don’t want what works to be broken. if you want to see how bad it can get if you break a formula then Unity is a good example. The only thing they have brought back is the preparation “Black Box” missions which are A) From the first game and B) better in Syndicate.

I mean it is good enough if you don’t like it I can’t and won’t do anything to change your mind. My biggest gripe is the hidden blade wasn’t a one-hit in Origins (nor Odyssey) but it is in Valhalla or so I hear (I have yet to play it.) Also 2 was the worst when it came to random shit to do. Most of it was meaningless collectables intended to be filler, much like the nightmare flags from 1

2 Likes

Dont you fuckin dare to talk like this about poor Petruccios feathers i need them to make mama less catatonic!

lmao joke, i hate Petruccio, glad they hang him

2 Likes

Gearbox and Devolver are also on atm :slight_smile:

Get ready for an hour or so of cringe from Devolver and who knows what crappy magic trick Randy will do with Borderlands…

1 Like

I wish the rights for the Duke Nukem franchise wouldn’t belong to Randy Liar Pitchfork.

2 Likes

All for a cape you can’t wear without everyone hating you.

I think all of this is the result of people who seem to be angry at Ubisoft as a company but they want to use the games as an outlet for that which is a shame because that is how Ubisoft wins. If you are angry Assassin’s Creed doesn’t have X or X has lootboxes then you aren’t thinking “Hang on this company is run by unapologetic sexual harassers” or “Wait they have intentionally marginalised female PCs in fear of backlash”.

3 Likes

Liar? Randy has so many shittier qualities to him that him being a liar is his best trait.

2 Likes

Was thinking of maaaaybe waching… Thinking maaaaybe this will be the year a new SC gets announced… But yeah, another year, another nothing. And Ironside is only getting older… At this point I´m pretty much certain Ubi don´t even know how to make a linear story-driven game anymore :frowning:

Same. I wouldn´t mind the gameplay/mechanics not changing that much, but when they spit them out on a yearly basis, it loses appeal quickly. Am slowly catching up on them, but still it would be nicer if there were 2-3 year breaks between them…

I thoroughly enjoyed Black Flag. Damn thing glued me to the screen for cca 10 hours a day for a week till I finished it, which seldom happens these days. That being said, it was definitely the world itself (+ story and characters) that got me hooked. Missions were indeed a horrendous tailfest.

As much as I hate the feathers from 2, at least you got something (even if useless) for those collectibles in that game. Unlike the nightmare flags from 1, which I have learned to mentally ignore just like the Animus fragments in later games.

And the hammer you get mid-way! Which is actually useful! At least they improved on the flags in Brotherhood :joy:

Indeed, what I would give for a PC port of Judgment(s)… Selling the Alpha Protocol IP to Microsoft so that Obsidian could finally make a sequel would be the cherry on the cake, but that´s unlikely to happen…

5 Likes

This also happened yesterday. Pretty sweet showcase of indie games, love the presentation of it.

0:55 Signalis
4:28 Kena: Bridge of Spirits
11:12 Norco
16:28 Harold Halibut
24:33 Sable
32:05 Lost in Random
35:28 Twelve Minutes
41:35 The Big Con

3 Likes

Todays schedule (times are in PST)
20210613_070840

Stream starting in about 11 hours

There might be something for IO’s unannounced IP

2 Likes

Microsoft & Beth Showcase starts in an hour!
https://youtu.be/1YnVzOA2wNs

Come on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

4 Likes

washington post leaked a big bethesda trailer and release date

1 Like

Bethesda’s Starfield was just teased. Xbox Exclusive.

Release date is November 11, 2022.
(Ngl, doesn’t seem like a good idea to announce your release date so far out.)

1 Like

Yes! Campfire, guitar, anomalies, PDA beeps, home…

1 Like

Good hunting, stalker!

6 Likes