Summer Games Fest/ E3 2021 Thread

A place to discuss and chat about Summer Games Fest/ E3 2021 and it’s Announcements.

From Tweet:

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Watch #SummerGameFest Kickoff Live.
:us: 11 AM PT :us: 2 pm ET :brazil: 3 pm BRT :uk: 7 PM BST :eu: 8 pm CEST :jp: 3 AM JST

YouTube: SUMMER GAME FEST: Kickoff Live! Official Stream (TODAY, 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 6 PM GMT) - YouTube
Twitch: Twitch

2 Likes

Considering Geoff Keighley’s events are usually a smorgasbord of announcements and interviews from people across the entire industry spectrum (with well-known to unknown publishers, AAA to Indie titles) there’s nothing I’m really expecting from this. When I watch it later today (after the broadcast) maybe there’ll be something cool in it to check out.

My one hope is that Gearbox is gonna announce something secret today, and I really hope they leave Telltale’s Tales from the Borderlands alone.

There’s also the /TwitchGaming event happening soon, just a collection of various E3-related events, but it’s an easy way to keep track of it all. Here’s the schedule from their twitch channel.

5 Likes

Mainly watching for COD Season 4 Reveal and Evil Dead gameplay. I expect some teasers for full reveals that will be shown at E3 though.

Also, E3 is happening again this year, in case anyone forgot. Pretty sure some events are going to be streamed in-person, from the usual E3 locations.

6 Likes

Just gonna combine Summer Games Fest and E3 as one thread at this point.

3 Likes

Come on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2! Pappy needs his dose of radiation! :radioactive:
Sunday can’t come sooner enough :grin:

6 Likes

Elden Ring

2 Likes

Summer Game Fest 2021 starts in 5 minutes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll have the stream in the background and I’ll update if there’s anything interesting.

Updates:
Death Stranding: Directors Cut, full reveal is couple weeks away.

6 Likes

Elden Ring boyos!! :stuck_out_tongue:
January 21st 2022

4 Likes

I need a shower

2 Likes

Recap of what was shown in the kickoff

2 Likes

“Death Stranding Director’s Cut” – YES
*PS5 Only – NOOO

thatgamecompany’s (Journey) “Sky: Children of the Light” releases on Switch on June 29. SWEET
It will have content based off “Le Petit Prince” in July. DOUBLE SWEET

3 Likes

Kinda curious what a DC is supposed to be in this case… The game hasn´t had any separate DLC/extra content to speak of, right? (I finally only bought it last month and am excited to finally play it in the upcoming ones)

Nevertheless, that MGS reference got my interest…

1 Like

The teaser there seemed to show off a new underground(?) area with some mean-looking MULEs patrolling around.

There wasn’t any extra DLC for the game, if you don’t count the special “Gold” pre-order items.

The PC Version got a special cross-promotion free update for Cyberpunk 2077. It added a Cyberpunk-looking trike, a Johnny Silverhand, uh, silver hand item (instant enemy KOs I think), some Cyberpunk holograms, a “hacking” ability to turn off the enemy scans, and some bonus side-mission deliveries.

I’m betting all those things are going to be bundled with a 60fps mode for the game on PS5 along with some extra content.
Why they wouldn’t just put all that into the PS4 version without 60fps is strange to me, but hey, I guess they want some money for it.

4 Likes

Ubisoft Forward starts in ~15 minutes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another year, another borefest from Ubi
d4a

and it’s still going… So many words, so little substance…

Only things that MIGHT interest someone

Rayman died for the Rabbids…

And they ended the show with a trailer for The Smurfs: Gargamel’s Revenge

No Splinter Cell, no Rayman, no Beyond Good and Evil 2… :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Hey ubisoft, how about you put some social stealth back into your AC Games, so they become fun again, like AC1 and 2 were?

4 Likes

Hahaha, dual axes go swish and swoosh.

5 Likes

We can kiss those good ol’ social steal mechanics mechanics goodbye, unfortunately. Ubi is all about that “mainstream” shit now.

2 Likes