The Booze Thread

I got to try The Enigma from The Glenlivet a couple of days ago. It’s certainly better than their previous mystery bottle (The Code), but I am not sure I’d choose it again.

I drank enough of it to think that a heavy filter photo was better than the original though, so I must have liked it a little bit.

4 Likes

It was 21C here today so I used the last of my Four Roses to make a julep. Fair the well, bottle I’ve had since February…

4 Likes

Treating myself to a little whiskey and celebrating the start of my Easter Holiday

7 Likes

Apple Crown and lemonade, as recommended by one of my family members. Absolutely delicious…

4 Likes

Vodka, blood orange soda, 5 dashes of bitters

4 Likes

Those Sanpellegrino sodas are the bomb, thanks for the cocktail inspiration :smiley:

2 Likes

Tequila blanco, hibiscus tea, lemon and simple a.k.a. Docketing Juice lol

5 Likes

Try it with less bitters the first time. You can always add more. I really enjoy things like Campari so the extra dashes taste normal to me.

1 Like

Have you ever had jamaica (the j is pronounced h)? It’s basically iced hibiscus flower tea but it’s loaded with sugar. You can get it at a lot of Mexican restaurants. This is the booze thread but jamaica might be my fav non alcoholic drink.

1 Like

I really enjoy bitters, I could drink a shot to be honest. Will have to try one of those tomorrow :+1:

An ounce and a half of bitters is too much even for me :joy:. I used to put a few dashes in a sprite to cure a hangover, but now I really try not to waste calories on soda.

Alright I haven’t had a full shot, but our bartender at work said he never used bitters in an old fashioned when members ordered one. I said that was heresy and that I liked them, so he poured me half a shot.

They’ll really wake you up, that’s for sure :laughing:

1 Like

Left it till late again, but luckily got a few more hours to eliminate The Collector.

A wee dram to calm my nerves, this is edge of the seat shit.

6 Likes

Flaco’s Tacos! The best frozen margarita ever!!

4 Likes

It’s part of growing up there

2 Likes

I know. I live on the Garda Lake.

1 Like

When wine won’t do the job,

Scotch or Tennessee Whiskey should finish whats left of it.
Don’t forget a bit of ice.

I prefer Neat myself

2 Likes

I also prefer neat, although right after the Timothy Olyphant Hitman movie came out I caught myself “brutalizing” my whiskey with tons of ice whenever I was at a hotel lobby bar. I was hoping some pretty lady with a pretentious ex husband would come scold me :joy:

3 Likes

I tried this last night. It is my new favourite rye.

3 Likes