The Booze Thread

A thread for recommendations, recipes and rants against subpar booze.

To kick things off, I’ll share the recipe to my signature cocktail, the Bourbonade

2 oz bourbon
2 oz triple sec
1 oz lemon juice
1-1.5 oz simple syrup (depending on your tastes)
1 dash of Angostura bitters

Combine with ice in a cocktail shaker and serve over ice in a hurricane glass. Garnish with an orange peel, add a straw and serve!

17 Likes

Nice! I’ve made a similar cocktail to the one you posted, I’ve seen it called a Man o’ War.

2 ounces bourbon or rye
1 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 ounce lemon juice
Serve or shake over ice and strain
Garnish with orange peel and a cherry

I’m curious, has anyone here tried any drink recipes from Hitman? Bare-knuckle boxer? Dragon’s flame?

3 Likes

I haven’t but Outside Xbox has tried the Bareknuckle Boxer:

5 Likes

Funny enough they also tried the Dragon’s Flame from Sgail, Andy reveals the devs put it in as a joke at his expense - it’s all of his least favorite cocktail ingredients (though it sounds pretty gross by any standard).

2 parts spiced rum
1 part cognac
1 raw, unbeaten egg
2 pureed chilies
1/2 stick of celery
1 human tear

3 Likes

I usually drink Rum with Cola, but when i have to choose a cocktail i go with Long Island Ice Tea, you can’t go wrong with 5 different Schnaps in one Glass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I had my last alcoholic drink in December 2019. I’m basically straight edge these days though not for any reason in particular. Just a mix of being a social drinker and having to spend the last year at home.

7 Likes

I barely drink because I’m poor and would rather spend what little money I have on dumb games than something cool.

It’s pretty much a birthday/new year’s thing but something I’ve done the last few times is make cherry limeade and mix it with vodka. Such a nice combination.

4 Likes

I’m more of a beer guy but if there’s special occasions I drink pretty much everything that there is to offer. I also drink a shoot of rachiu, which is Romanian moonshine, before dinner / supper, sort of a tradition in these parts. Definitely recommend the vișinata which is pretty much rachiu with sour cherries. :yum:
As for wine, I have a nasty past with it so I extremely rarely drink on occasions, preferably the ones that aren’t sold commercially and made by my parents, relatives etc.
There’s also the cheap wine that you can buy or order at restaurants which we normally call it pastila - pill which gives you a nasty headache after just a few swings. Avoid at all cost!

6 Likes

Re-post from the old forum, but the weather is getting better and it’s a perfect summer cocktail. Enjoy!

2 Likes

My favorite drink is Johnnie Walker with Redbull and one ice cube.
Recently thanks to my Moldavian girlfriend I discovered the good taste of Vodka with orange juice.
As for beer I really like Corona.

4 Likes

A man after my own heart

Much like Ro, I’m not a cocktail/spirit guy. Just beers, wines and ciders mainly

3 Likes

I’m not really into alcohol but as long as they are mid sweet I love them.
Now that I remember I had something called Tequila Sunrise :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was honestly expecting that sentence to end with wines. The Moldovan ones are really good.

2 Likes

Not her. She is more from a Russian descendant family and from what I’m experiencing they are really influenced by the Russian culture. Music, tv shows, swear words.
Instead not so long ago I had an ex from Tuscany and she really knew a lot about wines I have to give her that.

3 Likes

Interesting thread Bourbon. I’ll keep an eye out on this one.

I myself am mostly a fan of the more sweeter drinks. One of my favorites, although nothing crazy, is the Bacardi + cola mix drink.

Another great one is the Vodka + Redbull combo. The perfect drink for when things start to get crazy in the club.

And my third favorite: Liquor 43. The perfect drink for a relaxing summer night watching the sun go down with your friends/family/whatever.

Not a big fan of the real strong shit. I like a whiskey if its a mixture of something else. Once drunk pure Jack Daniels. Not a fan. I’m fine with drinking everything else.

2 Likes

Have you tried white rum with diet cola? When I do drink a soda I prefer Coca-Cola to anything else and never want diet, but for reasons I don’t understand rum tastes better to me with Diet Coke.

1 Like

No never have. Might try it sometime. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Ah, hence the vodka. Or maybe there´s a yet unrevealed passion for Transnistrian brandy? :grin:

:joy:

2 Likes

Oof. I haven’t been able to drink that shit since someone pointed out that it has strong notes of dill.

1 Like

White russians made with whatever costs the least.

Budget is pretty strict during these wonderful times…

2 Likes