The Booze Thread

Something I didn’t have today. I settled with a Blue Moon with a orange slice.

2 Likes

Have you had 312 or ShockTop?

They are both also a Belgian style wheat, although they market 312 as an “urban wheat” whatever that means :joy:. It’s best with a lemon slice in it. Shock Top is best with an orange and to me taste more orangey than blue moon. Both are worth a try if you like blue moon.

2 Likes

I’m a relatively new drinker so I really don’t have a preference. I simply went with a recommendation when I went out yesterday since I’m relatively clueless.

3 Likes

Watch out people, we got a greenhorn here :grin: :beers:

3 Likes

I don’t mind beer, I’m simply not use to the taste of it so I need to accompany it with French fries or pretzels to enjoy it. And it doesn’t help that beer has more variety then chocolate basically to the point where it’s overwhelming between the more commercial stuff, imported brews, and even specialty beers that are unique to specific establishments. Just a whole lot of beer.

Shots of Whisky, Gin, Vodka I can down without issue I just can’t have it in succession cause simply my body says no.

Mixed Drinks I’m the most familiar with but I’m also the most cautious with simply because of who is bartending. As someone who Bartends I follow the recipe exactly as intended outside of a few expectations like for example of a guess asks nicely or offers a nice tip. But some people don’t follow the recipe and will sink a shit ton of alcohol in it.

I enjoy a good buzz over being drunk cause then I’m lack of a better way to put it in control still. Last night I had a good buzz when I got home and sat down playing Demon Souls. It was fun and when I went to bed and I slept well.

2 Likes

In honour of having money again, I treated myself to a bottle of Moët and Chandon and had a nice night in with my honey. :smiley:

6 Likes

i had some kind of wine in a mug. happy new year friends

2 Likes

Anyone wanna loan me $125,000 ? I’ll share the bottle with you. :joy:

2 Likes

Taking a break from painting and getting a bit drunk on Whiskey.

7 Likes

The wife and I finally got back to CC’s this weekend and I had a blast! Even though even they can’t get their hands on any Blanton’s :frowning: But I came away with a new appreciation for Asian whiskeys like Suntory and Antiquity Blue :slight_smile:

Seriously, the second any of you visits Toronto, let me know and I’ll show you a good time with this gem. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Not a big drinker, but I ventured into the local distributor and picked up a 12 Pack of something I like cause I’m on Spring Break for the week.

2 Likes

Visited the hotel bar for a Whiskey Sour

5 Likes

Top Man! Love whiskey sours.

1 Like

Newest member to the collection.

A Willet - Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a really spicy Bloody Mary right now…

Not gonna lie, getting a tad drunk right now on a bottle of Wild Turkey. Why? Because fuck you, I can, that’s why!

I am a bit disappointed you are not drinking dimple pinch blended scotch, neat…

Haven’t tried scotch yet. It’s next on my list. I’m gonna start with the basic stuff, Johnnie Walker, and work my way up.

1 Like

I finished an alcoholic drink for the first time tonight!

I’ve tried a Kaluha before, and found it okay. It’s a coffee-based alcohol, but I’m also not really a fan of coffee.

However, at the bar tonight, I was discussing with a friend what options I might have. He mentioned to the server if I could mix milk with it. They didn’t have milk, but they did have little coffee creamers, so they gave me a few instead.

Mixed 'em in, and by the time I left, I finished it! Coffee wasn’t too strong and the alcohol (while I could taste a bit of it) was bearable!

…I also found out how awkward it is to stumble-guide your very drunk friend to the bathroom, after they mistakenly go downstairs to the staff storage room. Alcohol is weird, man.

2 Likes

Well now, Kahlua, cream… Next time add yourself some vodka and you have a White Russian! :grinning:

3 Likes