The Booze Thread

First vaping and now drinking? I don’t recognize you anymore :pensive:

5 Likes

Just curious but why drink something you know you don’t like?

2 Likes

My friend reccommended that, but the bar said they didn’t have the milk for it, unfortunately. Another time, maybe.

I’m evolving so much this week :smiling_face:

I figure I should try to be a bit more risky, at least experience what the ‘normal’ college experience is like while I still have the chance.

I’ve been too anxious this whole time to try these “scary” things, but… something inside me is pushing me to at least say I’ve done those things.

my therapist is gonna be so impressed with me lmao

Ah, I might’ve said that wrong. I’ve tried a kaluha before, and I tolerated it. On its own I might be able to finish it, but a lot slower than I did last night. At least mixing milk (or creamer) with it helped balance it all out so I could savor it a bit more.

2 Likes

Just in case the reference was lost.

1 Like

Oh… yeah, it was. I had no idea what brand that was.

1 Like

Me buying a bottle of nihonshu be like:

2 Likes

I was invited to a Whiskey tasting gathering. The 10th year anniversary. I was the guest of my father’s friend. We all had to bring a Whiskey.

I took a second round of the 1979 scotch.

I also had the pleasure of drinking two pints of honebreew beers.

Day after edit: Rough hangover. I’m never drinking again.

7 Likes

I came here to post about my own hangover, after reading your post I am glad to have some company.

I worked a super difficult trip the last 2 days. A triple 7 from Chicago to Denver to Chicago back to Denver on day 1 with no change in planes and minimum time on the ground so when you finally walk off the plane you realise you have been inside the metal tube for over 11 hours straight. 16 hour layover and do it all in reverse the next day. The crew was great and we had some time for a couple drinks on the layover, but when I landed on day 2 at home I went directly out and didn’t make it home till 4:35am. I have never been this hungover in my entire life. I have only vague memories of getting home. I do remember the doorman reminding me to try and not wake up my wife. :crown: :dragon: :fire: As Mads said “never drinking again.”

3 Likes

A friend of mine has a broken leg and is getting surgery today. The poor sod broke it on vacation and needs the surgery before he can come home. I told him I’d be having one of these to show support. I’ll edit this post later and let you know if it’s any good (I don’t think it will be, but as long as the surgery goes well that’s all that matters).

It was HORRIBLE! But the surgery went well so no complaints I guess :joy:

1 Like

Getting ready to go out. It’s hot enough for a shandy.

2 Likes

@Rimland wanted to try this ever since I saw an ad for this a while back, on FB of all places

Was sad to find that while the brand is Czech, it’s actually produced here through Ursus Breweries S.A. so I can’t say if the taste is truly authentic :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Say whaaat? Now I won´t even be able to trust a Kozel when I have one back home again. I´ll have to double-check if it´s not brewed in Romania :joy: But I guess if the ingredients and method are the exact same…

Though for an authentic taste, I probably wouldn´t rely much on a bottled one anyway. Go for the draught one if you find yourself in the CR, preferably in their designated chain of restaurants (Kozlovna) :wink: (also, I generally prefer the dark one :yum: ).

3 Likes

It’s the water man!! You can have all the same ingredients and same methods but the water is different and so the end result will be as well.

There is a pretty large hot dog chain in Chicagoland with like 40 stores. When they expanded beyond the area and put 2 in LA and a couple in Phoenix they started shipping out Lake Michigan water to steam the dogs in so the taste is the same at all locations. It worked.

3 Likes

Hello from New Jersey!

6 Likes

Working from home.

5 Likes

So essentially you’re drinking on the job, ey? :smiley:

(classy set-up though, nice Mad Men vibes - and to paraphrase one famous movie line: What’s in the glaaaass?!)

1 Like

Nothing fancy. Glenfiddich 12yr

1 Like

Beer and a book, a cozy day in our caravan.

1 Like

The wife and I went on a distillery tour today and were way ahead of everyone in terms of knowing what the different stills did and how bourbon vs wine oak casks affect the taste of the whiskey. Professor Chef would’ve been proud lol

9 Likes

Trying some real scotch for the first time; Johnnie Walker Red Label, specifically. It does taste sweeter, or at least less bitter, than bourbon, and I think I feel the heat in my belly more. Overall, not bad. I may change my preference from bourbon to scotch.

2 Likes