The negativity towards Hitman 3

I disagree, but let’s both forget about it. Water under the bridge

It’s almost as overpowered as the lethal syringe. Nah but seriously it’s useful, too useful, for most situations but it’s not an outright win button imo. I still would change it if i was in charge to have a smaller radius but the idea of it is on the same level as the kalmer to me. Hitman Blood Money let you have free accident kills on NPCs, this is a similar principle imo. Ideally it would get some tweaking but it’s interesting to have a non-reskin item, i dont think that phone should become a boogeyman for IO when making items. There should ideally be a spreadsheet that outlaws certain items gimmicks like lethal gases for example. Is there a thread to report not bugs but to report feedback here? So weapon balance suggestions could be taken into consideration for IOI, then again i dont know if theyd approve of that. I still think an ideal solution is to do what TF2 did in 2017 and suggest stats for weapons before the item is released and have fans provide feedback towards it

1 Like

I couldn’t agree anymore with this!! :+1:t2:

8 Likes

very weird video, alotta personal opinions i dont agree with but some parts like the comparison of free to paid content are decent. i was wondering what yall think of it

14 Likes

Watched the video and I must say I totally agree on everything.
You know, it’s actually like somebody did break into my head and stole all my thoughts and emotions about the game.
I’m glad somebody expressed that, even though it’s like a fart in a water…

13 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ae6l4-suU
since we’re posting videos now

3 Likes

It costs 10 times as much to locate and sell to a new customer as it does to an existing one. That reason alone should act as sufficient incentive to attempt to build brick walls around customer relationships in order to deter predatory competitors; and there are plenty of those out there. The following is what can happen when a customer is dissatisfied and it is not handled correctly:

• One unhappy customer tells 10 to 15 others about the experience. If it’s really bad he or she will tell the whole world.
  • For every complaint that could be made, around 20 people don’t bother complaining. This means 20 lost opportunities.
  • If you handle a complaint badly or with a “couldn’t care less” attitude, or, worse still, if you hide behind the “rule book,” you will lose that customer for good.

It’s a short article that anyone can take a quick look :slight_smile:

I only need to take a good look at the Reported Issues thread, remember the one made for Hitman 2 and how " efficient " IO is in solving them, the whole 7DS DLC controversy and many other issues I have with WoA since H2016, always online being at the top, to come to the conclusion that I don’t like this direction that IO has taken their games and I can’t recommend it to the few friends I have that are interested in it.
Told 'em I’ll buy it and we can do family share :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, what competitors does Hitman actually have? I’m not talking about something as broad as a “stealth-based game”. I’m talking about some other game where you have a large sandbox environment with a broadly defined target, potentially unlimited ways to finish the level, stealth mechanics, a contract-creation system, etc. I think Hitman is pretty much it as I haven’t found anything else that is directly comparable.

2 Likes

I think it moreorless lies within the broader sense of release titles rather than a specific genre of games like stealth or action. In November 2018, Hitman 2 was released, which by the same month saw Fallout 76 being released and Red Dead Redemption 2 released a month before that - two marginally well-known games amongst others that easily set the precedent for hyped marketing.

I definitely remember around the time Hitman 2 had expediently wider appeal. Trailer releases and E3 footage were just some of the ways of hyped marketing, and at the time didn’t have the consensus being a “dead on arrival” game simply because Hitman 2016 saw ample praise for being favourable than the typical niche genre it harped around at the time - battle royal being very popular.

Now we’re here - Hitman 3 is almost dying out and an angry wrath of pissed off customers were angry at it being EGS exclusive and how PC players almost had to repurchase H1/H2 locations the second time. To be fair its playerbase is already booming, most notably because of community mods/events - but also, a very buggy Cyberpunk 2077 was released a month before Hitman 3 did.

2 Likes

Lol so salty and disrespectful when he starts talking about the F7SC batch. Poor guy.

4 Likes

The guy hits the nail on its head when discussing the escalations topic. It’s a shamefull fact they’re charging money for the least amount of work done. Never did I regret not buying 7DS pack since it came out. Gotta be frank, I never was an escalations guy. Paying for it is a no go. The complaining people that bought into IOIs marketing shit really are the reason live content quality is about to hit rock bottom from this point on. Its enough proof they can charge money for everything and loyal fans will still buy.

15 Likes

Though I doubt it will last forever.
At some point people will understand that the quality of a product they are asking money for is quite poor.
And will stop bying it as a result.
7DS should’ve been part of Deluxe Edition. It was more fair that way and less rants about

6 Likes

I played Red Dead Redemption 2 all the way through and really liked it, but never even tried Fallout 76. I think I heard that it was a multiplayer game and then just ignored anything about it after that. Never tried Cyberpunk either so I can’t speak to that.

I’m pretty particular about which games I play, I suppose. If I look at my Steam account, the games that I’ve actually bought or played this year are Hitman 3, Dawn of War (Soulstorm), Mad Max, Control, and Horizon Zero Dawn. The only other Epic game besides Hitman 3 I have is Watchdogs Legion.

I guess the most direct competition to Hitman that I own at least would be something like Watchdogs Legion. That’s stealth based, has a pretty open world, is a sandbox style game, and has multiple ways of completing each mission.

1 Like

Although I agree the 7DS should have had a mix of bonus missions, escalations and other rewards for the price, nobody can deny IOI have had an impressive run with Hitman 3. Plus making the development costs back within just one week of launch is a great goal for IOI and it’s more than what Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 did.

No matter what any game has bits you can pick out to improve etc. Personally I have not negative opinions on Hitman 3. IOI have done well with this game and the future looks very bright for Hitman and 47’s inevitable return :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I think a great compromise IOI should’ve done is had made the deluxe edition a season pass for the sins and deluxe pack. So if you buy the Deluxe Pack separately you dont get the sins for free, but if you pre-ordered the deluxe edition you get it all

5 Likes

that just makes shit more confusing.

and we all know that IOI is the pinnacle of clear and concise communication

4 Likes

Well, I have a lot of negativity towards IOI and the quality of H3. In fact, I have blown my stack and went on “vacation” for a couple of weeks. :exploding_head:
I like H2 the most and own it on disc. Didn’t have any problems. I bought H3 digital and it freezes/ crashes 3-5 times DAILY…frustrating and disappointing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I’m in all the way, however, as I see it. It’s the only game I play. So I now calmly accept it, warts and all.
I am a speedrunna, and like to compete on the Featured Contracts, as well as the fan made contracts. If Hitman didn’t exist at all, I guess I’d be waiting for the new golf games to come out next year, and my controller would be gathering dust.
Too bad the final chapter of Hitman runs so poorly. That is IOI’s fault….

5 Likes

On what platform are you?

I play on the XBox platform.

I’ve just watched the video on what io needs to do and I couldn’t agree more, hitman use to be my go to game and my favourite thing to do when I had time off but since the release of hitman 3 I’ve felt as if we’ve been let down and I didn’t realise until watching that video and seeing the bare minimal content for this roadmap either

First off elusive targets are one of my favourite aspects of the game what disappoints me is the fact there timed and can’t be played after you’ve done them once also we are STILL waiting for the format to change and no words on it since

Second escaltions are the worst thing to come to hitman I honestly have no idea how people can stand them and the excuse they gave a month ago about how they can do more is a bunch of rubbish

Then you have the lack of content in roadmaps in hitman 2 there was at least 9 new things a month to look forward to now in hitman 3 we have literary 3 new stuff a month and it takes even more time for the next roadmap to come out

The bonus content given to us is shocking Im not saying I want more bonus maps just bonus missions with featured challenges and uniqueness to them it angers me so much to see things like this being a “maybe” when this should be something they work on now

I’m really disappointed in IO especially when I’ve spent up to £200 - £300 please change all of this before the game dies for good

1 Like

Not at all.

Because people enjoy unique gameplay elements that can’t be found anywhere else in the game.

3 Likes