The Safehouse Thread

You couldn’t access the garden shed during the test without cheating since the required mastery level for it was higher than the cap of level 25.

6 Likes

I hope we can not only see the inside of the church but maybe fix it up via redecorating?

Maybe Father Vittorio comes for a visit? :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe 47 pulls a Thane Krios and prays for his targets before/after he offs them.

1 Like

Oh no! That would creep me out. :joy:

1 Like

Didn’t even know any of this. At least we now we’ll be able to access it when the final version launches in Jan :grin:

2 Likes

I remember a video from developers making the Chongqing level in which they build somewhat like The Sims, so it was not unimaginable for the Safehouse to work in a similar fashion.
Maybe they opted for the current mode for the simplicity.

3 Likes

That was their Glacier Editor. They would not be releasing that.

3 Likes

Every few mastery levels, we got a small selection of customizable props, and even unlock more for previously-unlocked safehouse props, and that was just at 25 levels.

With (at least?) 75 more, and plenty of Mastery levels that come with one or more unlockable things, I hope we should be able to have a sizeable catalog of options to choose from by the end.
So, while you might not be able to freely place, I hope there’s still enough variety in pre-made options for you in the end.

(I was also kind of dissapointed many “rooms” were bundled as one customization. I didn’t think we’d be able to freely decorate, but at least swap-out props on a much more granular level)

5 Likes

Can a full-fledged mansion bigger than the Hawke’s Bay beach house be classified as something so basic as a “safehouse?” This isn’t a safehouse, this is 47’s legit home now.

2 Likes

Continuing the World Shopping Tour…

I’m not sure where this could go… Maybe in the kitchen.

This might appeal to some people.

Lighting…

This painting might be nice. Seems better than what I’ve seen.

Nice doggy.

Multiple items in this room. The lamps, the partition, the decoration above the bed…

And even bigger fountain.

Skipping Colorado… And onto Hokkaido.

Several things here…

A place to blend in and sit… Foot masseuse (probably) not included. :cry:

There’s lots of stuff… Maybe too many things that might or might not be available when FL is released.

9 Likes

its pretty funny how IOI turn the reuse of assets into a strength that people want to see

7 Likes

How dare you

12 Likes

As much as some people may agree or disagree with this, I’d be up for the SafeHouse staying as 47’s permanent base for future games.

I think it’s great!!

8 Likes

While I like 47 moving around all over the world to stay ahead of authorities, I’m pretty sure this could stay his main residence that he at least returns to every few weeks or months. I mean, the way it’s presented in gameplay, 47 coming back to the safehouse after every mission, just isn’t very feasible or efficient. In-universe, I’m pretty sure he’d stay at a motel or something a few towns over from the map of his current hit, then onto the next location, until the syndicate is wiped out, and then go home to the safehouse to rest, train, and wait for his next contract.

2 Likes

I was thinking later that I needed to get that. :joy:

2 Likes

Totally agree here. Like you said, he could finish business in a particular area after a few weeks then return to the SafeHouse.

I guess it’s just a waiting game to find out what the future holds for the SafeHouse after IOI have finished with Freelancer :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Apologies that this is irrelevant to the above discussion, but I wish the posters 47 could hang up were more specific/related to WOA in particular. (Well, aside from the self-aware elevator poster). Maybe it could be photography from the locations he has visited? Or even better, we can use the camera to snap a picture and hang it up later.

There is still time before Freelancer officially released so…one can hope :pray:

10 Likes

Linking this topic as a reference. Yeah. These vehicles would be nice to add to the safehouse.

2 Likes

Omg I’m sure PC players are gonna have such a fun time with mods for those posters and pictures when Freelancer is out.

oh no I can already see the jam picture

Anyway, while I don’t recall there being an immense amount of tasteful, framed, Louvre-worthy paintings or posters in the WOA, I’m sure what there are of those might be considered “classy” or “special” pieces that’ll require a good amount of Mastery grinding, to really spruce up the place with fancy props

6 Likes

oohh the jam picture will 100% make an appearance. that’s a given.

I do hope that there are meaningful pictures hidden behind mastery. would be a great motivation to grind harder, if nothing else. Though on a related note, here’s to hoping Freelancer doesn’t have the seemingly endless grind that Sniper Assassin has… the opinion seems to be mixed on that

4 Likes