The Safehouse Thread

Suicide Squad is dead to so many for the same overarching reason Absolution is, in spite of its technical canonicity.

Both are silly bastardizations only distinct from outright fan-fiction by the publisher logos that happen to be attached to them. They exist as discontinuities that are effectively “dead points” in the timelines of their respective franchises.

3 Likes

So says one point of view. Story-wise, they’re side stops, no question, but this idea of either being “dead”, the implication being that they are near-universally hated, is a misperception. Both are appreciated for what they are and continue to be beloved by a large enough portion of the fanbase that they are looked upon fondly, and as with many things initially disliked upon first encounter, their reputations among those who initially cast them aside continue to improve as time goes on.

1 Like

Absolution is ‘that dead’ to IOI yet its advertised in their studio?

I’m sure IOI are still very proud of the game, therefore, until they state so themselves, I wouldn’t claim they believe it’s dead :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway……back onto the actual topic.

8 Likes

Since at least a couple of people mentioned this.

10 Likes

It’s advertised in their studio because it’s the first game that version of ioi made. No one who currently works there was around for the first three games. And according to the Noclip documentary, only 1 person was around for Blood Money.

So as a whole, their first game together was Absolution. And I’m sure they’re proud of it: At the time it was the highest grossing Hitman game.

But let’s be real, they’ve pretty much buried all aspects of that games story with the introduction of the new WOA trilogy.

So yeah… dead. :joy:

It’s only bad when the creators flat out don’t give a shit. Which is normal. Not everyone is out to create a story/world that requires a separate text/bible to explain every second of every day within that fantasy land. Some people just want to tell stories and not be bogged down by details like whether or not this character couldn’t possibly be at this place 20 years ago because he was actually at another place getting a haircut according to some other story teller.

But that’s a problem for fans who expect history and lore and details with their stories. Because nothing lines up and you get holes in the story.

3 Likes

There’s no need to mention anything from that game because that part of 47’s story is finished.

You don’t hear 47 harping on about Father Vittorio from Silent Assassin still to this day, you know why? Because that part of 47’s story is finished.

This response on Twitter was prior to the 2016 game, so I’ll leave this here.

Nice 47 Absolution profile pic by the way! :wink:

Anyway…….we need this thread back on topic now! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m SO happy that 47 finally gets the safehouse he deserves :hugs:

When i remember that simple garden shed he had in Hitman 2, or the dirty basement in Hitman Blood Money, i always felt pain and sadness for this Master Skilled Assassin who had to go through some of the hardest hits and earned so much money, but couldn’t get something decent to remain in between jobs :confused:

At least Hitman: Contracts had a decent training facility where we could display and use all the weapons, use a proper shooting range and even practice our tactics on NPCs, probably the best hideout of the franchise imo, until now…

To see 47 finally get a decent place to rest in and plan his missions is like a great achievement in his long career in the World of Assassination, after all the hits he have accomplished and the money he earned during his journey :white_check_mark:

A professional like him definitely deserved something like the Freelancer safehouse rather than a random hole in a cave. Glad the developers finally made this happen, probably one of the greatest (and long-awaited and requested) achievements in the Hitman universe :+1:

Looking forward to explore all of this in a near future :blush:

15 Likes

You know, I’d really like to have the safehouse for real. or, perhaps more accurately, what I’d like is Alma Reynard’s safehouse in Hawke’s Bay, transplanted to the forest where 47’a safehouse is, and have the underground and outdoors version of the Freelancer safehouse along with Alma’s actual house. I’d even have the entrance (one of them) be behind the wine cooler, since both houses have one. Might as well.

3 Likes

While too late for anything now, that would have been a very interesting idea. Hawke’s Bay isn’t suitable as a Freelancer mission map, but it is very well suited as a safe house map, because that’s what it already is, really. Add a basement to it and there you go. I wonder if anyone at IOI considered repurposing that map for use as the safe house during the development cycle?

@Clemens_IOI or @Travis_IOI can any of you comment on whether that was ever considered?

4 Likes

This is true, but originally it was going to be a part of Freelancer, as evidenced by it’s appearance as a marked (but not active) location in the Year 2 Reveal stream, the files of the CTT having Hawkes Bay as traces of an added location.

Following on from what I said above, it was likely always going to be a separate safehouse map and not re-purposing any level because Hawkes Bay was going to be a playable location in Freelancer campaigns.

5 Likes

I agree, and evidence points to that as being true, but I would still wonder if it was ever considered.

4 Likes

It does seem that some of its design / style can be seen in the freelancer safehouse, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of its assets were recycled into it too. It may not have been directly considered, but it had some indirect role in its development.

3 Likes

Honestly looking forward to Barbie-ing this place up more than I am playing the Freelancer missions, and I am looking forward to playing the Freelancer missions.

8 Likes

I must admit, I am looking forward to seeing how each of us on here have 47’s safe house laid out once we really get into playing it :grin:

7 Likes

Press F to pay respects to anyone who can’t access Ansel free-cam.

4 Likes

The Safehouse, in my opinion, is the best part of Freelancer. It’s actually a visually stunning map, the simplicity of it makes it really good. With all decorations unlocked it would be great. There are a lot of easter eggs and references in the dector and the amount of them actually available is insane.

14 Likes

Soon we’ll all be able to share decor options and what we’ve done like a bunch of neighborhood housewives

16 Likes

“Ooooh, Heisenberg, did you add some new curtains? I love them, they add some cozyness to the living room :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

Like that?

18 Likes

You got it. Wait until you see my kitchen towels!

9 Likes

I agree. As I didn’t have access to the CTT, I’m looking forward to exploring the Safehouse and the outside area :wink:

Although we may not find out, I’m still curious to know how 47 and Diana acquired it’s location? I can’t see it being archived ICA or Providence property in case any remnants of either organisation manage to track 47 and Diana down there?

5 Likes