The Safehouse Thread

It feels bugged. Sometimes the boat or helicopter I chose is there, but I start with a different boat “coming out of the one I chose”. It looks very weird and is hard to describe :see_no_evil: But it feels like normally the vehicles we chose should be the ones that should be in the cutscene but it seems like a bug that they are not

5 Likes

I dunno, I remember that during the CTT I saw 47 leaving on a quad bike despite me never unlocking that vehicle :x

Versions before that had it working how I described.

It’s bad with the Choppers but I think it’s worse with the boats. Sometimes the choppers appear to have been next to each other bc of the angle of the camera. With the boats it’s always clear one just was overlapping the other one.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m really look forward to unlocking more stuff for 47’s office. I’m Deluxe as well, so looking forward to that :wink:

4 Likes

Interesting interview article from IOI

Speaking of the safehouse, do you plan on adding more customizable features to the house or its exterior?

TVC: We have a lot of ideas for additional customizable cosmetics in the safehouse, so there’s a potential for more to come. But until we have evaluated the launch of Freelancer, we don’t know what the future will bring.

What else are you planning to add to the mode down the line?

TVC: Currently, we closely follow how Freelancer is received by the players. We want to evaluate this information first before we decide on the future of the game mode down the line.

Hopefully we’ll get more stuff for 47’s Safehouse :crossed_fingers:t2:

16 Likes

This is preposterous! I want 47 to don the Imperial Classic and do his best Ronnie O’Sullivan impersonation!

3 Likes

Agent 147, if you will.

7 Likes

Okay… Mastery Level 61, let’s talk about this:

You get a very nice organized setup for the bedroom wardrobe

Oh, and for the special Deluxe owners, you get this exclusive…

Fuckin’ HURRICANE of a setup! What the CLUCK happened here?! Who did this?! Who added the option to look like someone rifled through his wardrobe looking for jewelery?! This is just scary, and I’m so confused why this is an option, given how sophisticated and organized every other cosmetic has been

14 Likes

IMO the worst feature is that eye-shredding white light in the back, which quickly prompted me to switch back to the default wardrobe :confused:

7 Likes

Probably those players who like the idea that 47 is secretly a slob and a screw up, and probably think that those NPC comments about him having horrible breath are to be taken seriously instead of a joke from the devs.

6 Likes

That’s been my wardrobe (with the matching messed up bed since I unlocked them. So I guess I’m the target audience here.

Edit: No one should be surprised by this.

7 Likes

Maybe your 47 is so exhausted from being perfect at work he just can’t be perfectly neat at home? Or maybe your 47 keeps banging the maids and then they quit? It’s nice to have options though.

5 Likes

I think the Tropical Suit is the best suit for the safehouse during the day. Covers just enough that 47 isn’t too cold, but isn’t so bundled that he’ll overheat. Right balance between stylish and casual. And sunglasses.

4 Likes

Spoiler alert: no one is. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Some thoughts on improving the Safehouse

While I love the look of my Safehouse, I have a few ideas I want to throw out there for making it even BETTER.

Note that these are personal ideas, and that they are not bug fixes or even necessary for gameplay mission improvements. Just some Safehouse QOL ideas.

Idea 1: Time of Day Changing function.

I don’t know about you all, but I find I’m in the night time mode easily 80% of the time. It would be nice to be able to SEE my lovely new home. In the daytime.

A simple ‘sleep in bed’ or ‘sit and wait’ in a chair could be an easy way to implement such a feature.

Idea 2: Volume & Track Controls

My issue with low volume aside, being able to change tracks and control the volume would be a nice touch. It could even be applied to the jukebox.

Idea 3: Driving Range

On the roof you can find a Golf Club. It doesn’t sound difficult to add a Driving Range too. It could just a simple animation spot like raking leaves outside or tending the garden.

Idea 4: Open and Close

The secret entrances can be opened, but not closed. While two open automatically, the third (and most commonly used, at least for me) uses a button, or hidden book switch. Once opened, cannot be closed. This blocks access to 47’s wine fridge.

8 Likes

Does the hatch in the bedroom open? I’ve always seen it open, implying it never closes. The one outside the garage opens when you get close, then stays that way, but I’ve never seen the one in the bedroom even closed. But yeah, give us the option the close all entrances. And the garage too; every since I put that door up, it’s never come down, and frankly it seems ridiculous that 47 will make bombs in his garage with the door wide open, secluded countryside or not. For that matter, can we include some window covers like Alma Reynard’s safehouse had? Or glass opaqueness controls like the New York bank and ICA data facility had?

6 Likes

I was also really surprised to find a lack of any interaction with it. (You don’t need to spoiler tag it, it’s there from the start, and serves no purpose)

Considering 47’s roof is full of grass, and by default some of the Umbrella lounging locations around the balconies of his house have this sort of bright astro-turf grass used, I was expecting to be able to at least unlock a driving range, or secret interaction prompt to do so (Silvio’s got an animation, right?). I just don’t see why there’s a golf club up there, since there’s plenty other better melee items too.

3 Likes

I know what you mean on this to be fair. It’s not something I got my head around, especially for Deluxe players :thinking:

Day, Sunset or Night, my go to is still the Signature with Gloves! :wink:

Can’t beat the traditional 47 look haha

1 Like

Gotta say, unlock level 99 is absolutely worthless. :rofl:

By that point money is irrelevant so yeah. Poop.

5 Likes