The Safehouse Thread

Only missing 1 more challenge/trophy!

7 Likes

Honestly most of the 90s unlocks are absolutely awful. A weird F1? A soundless helicopter? Some piece of paper glued to the gym sandbag?

But yeah getting merces as rewards is useless, and it was already a terrible idea at the lowest levels because you can’t control when you’ll get that money and when you might lose it. I can’t believe they didn’t put some kind of way to bank a few merces instead, scaling with mastery, which would have helped players who die all the time and lessened the atrocious merces loss you get in HC.

6 Likes

The only difference with the “mystery” target paper for the heavy bag is the gym music from Haven plays with that upgrade. That’s it. :joy:

1 Like

No big deal here. I just had to chuckle at these pieces of wood for the fireplace… It just seems weird (well, impractical) to have any stacked up that high (like on the top and next lower shelf). I guess they needed something up there. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

To be fair, having a big old mansion with a perpetually open garage containing three vehicles, a docked boat, a helicopter, grass on the roof, and gigantic windows that let everyone see inside is pretty impractical as a safehouse in the first place.

2 Likes

The ‘grass on the roof’ sort of screws a bit with aerial/satellite imaging, so it might actually be useful.

8 Likes

Seems like ioi is open to adding stuff to the safehouse in the future. So here’s hoping they add ALL of the dark/macabre artwork from Hawkes Bay and Athena’s office in NY.

And just in general there’s so many unused pieces of artwork and decorations from the game; Wilson house paintings in Whittleton Creek, paintings and sculptures in Paris, Dawood’s artwork in Mumbai, all kinds of artwork and sculptures in Dartmoor, etc.

9 Likes

The 2003 game Freedom Fighters should be integrated into Hitman World of Assassination enabling 47 to play it on the arcade machine in his bedroom at the safehouse.

6 Likes

Not so much when there is a clearly visible boat, shed, helicopter, three porch umbrellas with accompanying chair and table, and numerous path lights, all centered around a general location, so that if anyone, particularly the US government, should ever be looking down at this spot from satellite with even a suspicion that an international contract killer who might have assassinated some of their own assets may be living there, they could send a drone with a payload just strong enough to torch that area by using those features as obvious guides on where to point the crosshairs. Never mind all the highly reflective glass windows and underground bunker that would be clearly visible if satellite images use infrared. Basically, the safehouse has so many glaringly obvious special features to it, I have to wonder why 47 even bothered with the grass roof at all.

Well, sod roofs are a thing. So it’s not like the grass is solely up there in an attempt to be sneaky.

47 is just playing it lowkey.

:helicopter: :sailboat:

Hey, if there’s another purpose for it, right on. IOI should make an interactive point up there to emphasize that, like the golf suggestion. Have 47 knock some balls out into the lake or something. Then they can add him diving in and reclaiming them in a bag when wearing one of the wetsuits near the lake.

Don’t expect too much realism guys.

Let’s be happy that 47 have a nice place to rest in and that it has a lot of customizable potential in it, allowing a wide range of variety and stuff to play/interact with.

It’s not perfect, but it can definitely be improved in the future with the feedback and content that’s already available in game through multiple levels :+1:

9 Likes

With all instances of Dawood’s face in those paintings replaced with 47.

5 Likes

I agree, there reaches a point where you just have to suspend disbelief.

Roleplaying a hitman who lives under a bridge is probably not the most fun gameplay wise.

My pretend canon is that the satelite from ambrose was not destroyed and instead was used to scramble 47’s safehouse location

3 Likes

Well, that is technically correct. The satellite from the Ambrose mission wasn’t destroyed - its portable control unit was. Technically, when 47- let’s say, neutralized Edwards and Diana became the new Constant, every Providence asset became hers, including all Ether property, such as their satellite network. Even with Providence disbanded, those companies and assets still exist, and Diana is likely making use of them in lieu of ICA technological pathways she normally used, such as “borrowing” an NSA satellite. She could be providing 47 with some cover from orbit, making sure no other nearby satellites get any clear images of the safehouse.

In hindsight, this not only would explain how she’s able to keep up with 47’s work so well in Freelancer to where it’s only a shade below the full coverage she had with ICA, but it also means that the infrastructure she’d need to build a new ICA in future games is already there, ready to be built up not only from 47’s freelance work, but from the scattered pieces of Providence’s infrastructure.

Brilliant thinking, @Ecco.

4 Likes

@IndianAgent47 coming to assassinate you right now, watch your back

5 Likes

I like to think there are no golf balls to hit because 47 cares about wildlife and doesn’t want to go bonking garbage into the woods.

He does have a complicated relationship with birds, though.

2 Likes

Pretty cool way of looking at it to be fair.

3 Likes

It’s not meant for function, it’s a design element. :joy:

11 Likes

Anyone else checking the reflections and the background of this image in case he’d photoshopped something in? I’m so untrusting off @47Agent’s ability to make normal comments.

13 Likes