The Sony Playstation Thread

Very happy Astro bot is getting another game
image
Also here is the blog post about it that gives some more details

4 Likes

On Playstation alot of my games have lost some of their Hours Played, i’m annoyed because i like to know and i had nearly 1500 hours in Hitman 3 but that’s gone down to 751, as you can see Assassins Creed Valhalla is at less than an hour and I think that was at well past 100 hours with 40 trophies.
Has anybody else experienced this?

No i haven’t. The only thing I’ve noticed is that games you’ve played on PS4 and on PS5 have separate counts.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This is good news for anyone who can afford to have a VR-capable PC. (Though it’s a pretty hefty price IMO for a bulky adapter.)

For some reason I was wondering if Sony would tie down PSVR2 PC support to specifically Sony-approved games through some Playstation PC App.

But good. Now its basically untethered from the console.

2 Likes

Ahead of astros new adventure Astros playroom got an update with new trophies bots and collectibles


IMG_2251
IMG_2252

And here are the contents of the Astro bot deluxe edition and the two pre order bonuses

4 Likes

2 Likes

Because PS stars is still not working Sony are giving away Free Astro Bot avatars for PSN the codes will work until July 11th 2024 so if you want them you should claim them sooner rather than later

North America: MKHX-PJGL-HQA2
Europe/AU/NZ: JPFQ-66LN-QGLJ
Japan: 4GDE-JE36-4L6E
Korea: 8M8N-HE7E-A8XP
Hong Kong: 7M3H-D6JE-JDAJ


Also the Sony rewards program is shutting down this year

4 Likes

I recently went back to the PS5 controller tech demo Astro’s Playroom - first since they recently added new itty bitty content teasing the full Astro Bot game in september - and second because I was missing a trophy from the original I never got!

And that relates to the “Network Speedrun” mode, that offers 8 unique platforming levels based around the different biomes of the game and special " vehicle upgrades" segments in each.
So that’s 4 levels as a straight-up Astro bot platformer, and 4 levels as the different vehicles (Monkey, Frog, Ball, Rocket) in their own special layout not seen in the main game – as far as I can remember…

And WOW. these levels were pretty short, intended to be completed within a minute at most for each stage to get the trophy, but they were great fun and kind of challenging since some pretty quick, precise jumps were needed to save the time you needed to chase that high score.
I have quite a bit of faith that the full Astro game in september will be a great new platforming game in the industry, and hopefully cement Astro as one of Playstation’s most iconic, fun mascots.

(Though lmao I do think it’s absurdly silly they’re making an entire full-priced game about how much character IP and how much gaming hardware Sony has made over the years! :rofl:)


Uhhh, how do we trigger nostalgia and also advertise all of our gaming accessories in our company’s history?
Just make them spaceships.
Huh? I-I don’t un-
Make them spaceships!

6 Likes

Ps plus games for July shame cross save doesn’t exist for the PlayStation version of among us so I can’t bring my hat in time cosmetics over

1 Like

Another astros playroom update released today adding another new bot and trophy


Playstation stars has been brought back online in Asia and will return to other regions soon

4 Likes

Ps plus games for August never heard of the third game but security breach and skywalker saga are good choices

2 Likes

Okay. You should be able to post again in this thread once others have made a post. Thanks and keep us updated.

1 Like

Well, after 8 months of use, my other DualSense controller has developed stick drift in the right stick. I found that out the hard way while making the Featured Contract entry this morning. At least it lasted longer than the first DualSense, which took 6 months to get drift in the right stick.

In contrast to a $70 controller (which just became a $75 controller yesterday) and the one bundled with the PS5 getting drift, the $5 knockoff DualShock 4 controller that I’ve used whenever I play something on PC for 2 years has no issues at all. Imagine that!

5 Likes

In ten years I have changed 5 dualshock due to drifting. It’s a shame that Sony did not solve the problem with the dualsense. Yes it sells a premium controller (edge) which has removable sticks, but the spare parts are pricey and always out of stock. It’s one of the reason I am still on the ps4.

2 Likes

Personally don’t think it’s worth the price if you have to buy a disk drive separately

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s worth it under any circumstances. What games are pushing the PS5 to its limits that it even needs to be more powerful? Astro Bot? There’s not even been that many games that are PS5 specific, several devs are still doing PS4 versions of games too. Maybe by the time PS6 comes around devs will finally be making fully PS5 games.

I love this sentence from the Playstation Blog: “It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro’s Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase” One feature that’s an actual upgrade, one feature that is expected of every single console under the sun, and a pack-in game which has already been included in every PS5 since day one. Great promotion guys!

And you gotta love how even though they’re charging $700, they had to sell the $80 disc drive separately. For that price they couldn’t even include a hunk of plastic for a vertical stand!

7 Likes

I wasn’t going to buy it in the first place, but at 700 bucks (800 euro!) I’m definitely not going to buy it.

I hope it flops. It won’t, but I hope it does.

5 Likes

No idea who this is for really? People with 8K TVs and too much money on their hands?

Really, my hope is that with how much time it takes to develop games nowadays, and how much things have slowed down, I’m kindof hoping the 7 year cycle Xbox and Playstation were sticking too will be broken. It’s worth noting that with the Switch successor coming out next year, that will come out 8 years after the first Switch. Do we need a rush for a PS6 when so many devs still develop for the PS4 still? A longer dev time between main Playstations would make stuff like Pro versions a little more palatable.

3 Likes

With the current lineup of PS5 games, this Pro model makes zero sense. They are working hard at pushing hardware boundaries but that means jack shit if there’s no software to show for it.
Very similar story to PSVR2. Great headset but only a couple of games utilising it.

Maybe this will make sense in the latter half of the 2020s if Sony finally puts the pedal to the metal and release some games. It’s been pretty dry since the original PS5 released.

I won’t be upgrading any time soon.

5 Likes