The Splinter Cell Series

I did play H2SA before SC also but Hitman was always more of a social stealth while the likes of SC and Thief were hide in shadows and don’t make a peep.

I also struggled with running “new” games on my PC back in ~2005, was lucky with PT since my ol’ FX5500 was able to run it but I wouldn’t dare to say that it was buttery smooth :grin:

Pretty much this. It has to be a licensing issue, I can think of other games that were partnered with phone manufacturers that never got a digital release (True Crime and Motorola being on the top of my head)

What was this obsession with having phone ads in video games back then? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah, ok, in that case yeah, PT was my first proper stealth game as well.

Come to think of it, CT has Nivea, Axe, and in some versions Airwaves in it, and it´s not an issue (yet) :grin:

No idea. Maybe they thought it was cool and made the industry look more “serious” if they had famous real-life brands in it? :sweat_smile:

Meanwhile in Yakuza 2:

1 Like

Oh I remember how my mind was blown when I saw the Airwaves part :rofl:

It was really weird seeing real world stuff in video games :grin:

1 Like

Same here. I can only imagine how people who played the Japanese version of Shenmue back in the day felt when seeing all the Cokes and Fantas :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And if there’s anyone out there that wants to give the first game a try, now’s your chance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Wow, I´m genuinely surprised they actually did something for the anniversary! :hushed: More so that it wasn´t just a “Happy 20th anniversary” tweet or something like that.

I like what I´m hearing from the devs at this point, they seem to know what the franchise fans want and what made the first three/four games great (hopefully the higher-ups won´t meddle in that…). Though I would still prefer a slightly retconning sequel and one last huraah for Sam and the gang over a remake. Still, if it turns out to be good and will secure a future for the franchise, I certainly won´t complain.

Now we just need to wait god knows how many years before it comes out… (if it actually does) :grimacing:

Also, calling out that IGN idiot for saying Shanghai was a CT level… :unamused:

3 Likes

20 years already? Man, those first three games were great. Time to dust of the old OG Xbox and game discs…

5 Likes

Hmm, if you do that, would you mind checking something for me in Pandora Tomorrow? :thinking:

1 Like

If I do, it probably will be at the Xmas holidays. Quite busy with work at the moment and have upcoming travel to a client’s site.

2 Likes

No rush and no need of course. Just lemme know when and if you get around to it :wink:

Actually, I´d have the same request for anyone here who has Pandora Tomorrow on Xbox, PS, or an original PC version (I have mine back home and am currently running an “alternative”, so just in case).

The request pertains to the presence of certain bits of intel in the game which probably ought to be there but - at least in my case - are not. So I want to find out if it´s a version-specific thing or not… :thinking: If there are other people here who would be willing to check for me, let me know and I´ll write down the details.

4 Likes

Jesus Ubi, stop it, you´re actually giving me hope here!

5 Likes

we corporation are truly fans of the games aswell, so please buy our new product

3 Likes

I say don’t, at least not until they release gameplay videos and whatnot. The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake is a good example of why you shouldn’t get hyped just yet.

3 Likes

It was meant sarcastically. I´m not getting hyped at all, for the very reasons you mention :wink: The concept arts and talk from devs are nice, but until I see something tangible (which probably won´t be in less than a year), the game´s existence and quality are merely theoretical :grin:

But hey, if they spur the appetite a bit in the meantime by releasing a PC port of Double Agent V2, I won´t complain :no_mouth:

3 Likes

They can’t be bothered to re-release Pandora Tomorrow, let alone an exclusive PS2 version of Double Agent :pensive:

3 Likes

Well, a man can have his futile and completely unrealistic dreams. It’s called the Ochoa syndrome I believe… :thinking:

4 Likes