The Update That Could Kill Hitman Speedrunning

im losing braincells from reading this thread

6 Likes

You cam’t loose bransell from thred… unpossiple.

4 Likes

Thinking of something else that could be considered an “exploit” is the breaching charge launching objects. I think this is a tad reasonable, so it can stay in the game. But muffins letting you walk over a ledge? That’s not realistic. So, it’s not the particles that need fixing… It’s that 47 simply needs to be able to climb over literally any leg or waist-high barrier, then have the option to drop down. It’ll result in fall damage but that seems like a fair compromise. Be careful. :headstone:

He’ll also need a limping animation when suffering some % of fall damage.

2 Likes

Speaking of unrealistic, there’s also the invisible ledge in Sapienza that is used in the current master SA/SO strat (which funnily enough is only usable via a muffin skip) to shoot the virus after killing Silvio. :eyes:

1 Like

Riiiight. The trick that lets 47…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqF5M7IK7I0

“Walking on air”, or at least amongst the stalactites.

1 Like

“DOWN WITH SPEEDEUNNING!”
“DOWN WITH THE RUNNERS!”

:joy:

4 Likes

(insert propaganda poster)

“Spurn the Sp’runners”

2 Likes

“Damn speedrunners are ruining this once great game and stealing are leaderboard positions. Make HITMAN great again!”

2 Likes

Has the update that could kill Hitman speedrunning killed Hitman speedrunning yet?

3 Likes

I think so, there were only 2 posts in the F7SC featured contracts thread after all :x

3 Likes

It’s just a dead game play strategy at this point I guess. Best get used to it I suppose.

Speedrunning destroyed Hitman mechanics. Change my mind. :rofl:

• CCTV - disable now every camera no matter of area, one of most frustrating thing from immersion perspective
  • Lancer Sniper no more penetrates thin bariers
  • Large weapons can be assembled instantly from suit cases
  • Poisons kills instantly
  • Shorter time of subdue by bare hands
  • Faster climbing on pipes and walls
  • Time trials in Escalations
  • Electuction Phone and Coctail Molotov was nerfed
  • Decrase about of Breaking Charge from 2 to 1
  • A lot of changes to existing elements because Speed Runners started using exploits

I’m aware of that there is a plenty of people who likes Speedruning and i respect that, but in my opionon that SHOULDN’T have any impact of mechanic changes. It’s not a multiplatyer game which need such a changes. Because of Speedruners who seek every exploit in game to make advantage on time - IOI is makeing these riddiclous changes.

I think there should be two modes in this game “Immersive” for Campaign purposes, with all these mechanics from Master Difficulty for better immersion. And second one - unlocked after all campaign is completed - “Arcade mode”, which would be more speedruning and leaderboard friendly for people who just want to beat each other asses who have bigger balls. But core game should be focused more on immersion and realistics. I don’t like the fact that because of speedruners IOI make these changes to items. It’s annoying.

1 Like

There is simply not going to be any way, ever, for the gulf between people who participate in/like/accept/tolerate speed running and those who believe that it is the worst thing to happen to the game ever.

Let this thread die instead of continuing this pointless pseudo-debate.

4 Likes

Funny fact is that speedrunners was always some kind of border pirates who seek exploits and bugs to beat the game in not wanted manner. That’s cool. But that same speedruners who moan because game is fixing these bugs is just riddiclous XD It’s just like a robber who rob a store every year now is complaining that owner have a shotgun now XD

Worst part is because of these speedrunners - Developers are forced (in they opinion) to change cool mechanics like CCTV, Lancer Sniper, Molotove etc - which impact normal players. That isn’t cool.

2 Likes

Was the way CCTV works really changed to accommodate to speedrunners? That seems unlikely, anyone who has more than basic knowledge of any map usually won’t get caught on camera in the first place.

5 Likes

Fuck me i need to stop looking at forum arguments on my phone :joy:

I know that Diana above has already mentioned this, but come on lad that was a good QoL change anyways, you can shoot cameras if you only want to destroy one and not all, bviously if you can’t or it’ll break your immersion then… ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Ok that is actually a bad change imo, i liked that.

Not all large weapons can be assembled instantly eg the lancer sniper rifles and such, it was probably changed due to it being either a general backfire change or a QoL change, noticing a pattern here.

I thought it always did tbh, the more you know.

I think that was a change made by IOI because it was so obnoxious everytime you wanted to choke someone it was a announce, also idk how long it actually takes IRL to subdue someone to a early sleep, but the new one feeps better for 47’s raw strength, you’ve got to remember he is genetically enhanced to do things like this.

See the last part of the above quote.

There were a abundance of them in Hitman 2016, Escalations are also not for the adverage newbie to do (not calling you one) so you’d need prior map and object knowledge to complete them anyway due to there sometimes borderline pain in the ass difficulty.

No, IOI removed and tweaked them because they got knowledge that the Molly and the EP (Electrocution Phone) were not balanced enough for there Hitman content to actually have some worth and difficulty. Anyone could master the EP and Molly in a matter of an hour or 2.

That is kinda annoying, but understandable because they were used to kill people via Explosive device in a subtle manner, and not really used for there prper function, thus IOI removed a BC to make it less easy to kill people who required the explosive device kill method, pure speculation tho, i might research the reason why later on.

Too broad to touch on, i could be here for metaphorical hours.

Wait so it’s normal Hitman mechanics if your playing Hitman (whoa no way!!) unless you’re on Master? Or is there three modes: Normal, Immersive & Arcade mode?
Because if so, Master mode on the Normal mode would be really redundant, because the average player only plays on Pro or Casual, so the master mode would be useless, because anyone who wants the master mode experience would play Immersion mode, right?

4 Likes

Same, I am deadly allergic to penicillin.

3 Likes

IIRC it was a very early change so there probably weren’t that many people speedrunning the game at that point. Besides speedrunners tend to shoot the cameras anyway, since getting to the security rooms to disable them all usually takes some extra time.

That was probably done for balancing reasons, why take a duck when you could fill that slot with two explosives instead of one, that are also more or less silent on top of that. I’m a bit sad about that nerf as well but as someone who uses explosives a lot, it forced me to reconsider my loadout choices and I think that’s a good thing.

I read that as “Erection Phone” and was like what :x

5 Likes

ICA’s R&D department never ceases to surprise me with their unconventional ideas. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

i’m confused, you just posted a lot of changes that have nothing to do with speedrunning whatsoever, and it’s hardly speedrunners fault that speedrunners used electrocution phones and cocktail molotovs exactly as they were intended?

@Charlie_Farmer in fact, he got it completely wrong regarding sniper mounting animation. This has actually never been changed at any point. Some snipers have the animation, others don’t. This has always been the case.

7 Likes