The Update That Could Kill Hitman Speedrunning

But weren’t the newer sniper rifles made without the assembly/disassembly animation because people (not necessarily speedrunners!) complained that it took so long? I think I vaguely remember something like that.

Could totally be me retconning discussions though lol.

1 Like

Yes they were used as intended but the intention of the items didn’t make sense, balance-wise.

1 Like

As Diana47 said regarding this i thought it was originally all sniper rifles in Hitman 2016 had the long animation, but was changed due to annoyance.

3-4 seconds that is long? I think people play too much Call of Duty. Hitman isn’t a arcade multiplayer game, but immersive-puzzle like game. I don’t understand that argument that taking out sniper from case was too long. LOL. Anoying is that instant assembling Sieger Ghost. People are seriously unpatient these days.

1 Like

it has nothing to do with being impatient…

Hitman 2016 doesn’t have briefcases so there’s literally no animation there :stuck_out_tongue:

Briefcases and sniper mounting animations were introduced in Hitman 2 as they are currently now. There was some worry from speedrunners that they would add this mounting animation to every single sniper.

3 Likes

If you’ve set up a kill, let’s say Viktor walking under a chandelier, you wouldn’t be able to just shoot the thing can you? So you bring in a sniper and you learn when he goes under it, you could take an angle and shoot the thing from a distance, but that 3-4 second animation could be the difference from a professional hit and a massive flump. 3-4 seconds is a lengthy animation time if your actually in need for a sniper. This is also not a speedrun example so it connects with non speedrunning.

10 Likes

Can’t wait to see if this update will kill Hitman Speedrunning! /s

6 Likes

I am sad to announce that it has been fixed…

8 Likes

Can you give us some details about your motivation to fix it?

2 Likes

Thank you for doubling down. Can you say how they were fixed? Did you continue with your removal or did you just remove collision from them, or will we see that in the patch notes?

2 Likes

Funny thing is. It was never meant to be fixed. It got fixed by fixing another bug. So, we fixed it unintentionally.

Wow. That was a lot of fixes. BUT how do we fix this? Well, as we never meant to fix it, we’ll introduce it again in a later patch this year. We’re sorry - we never wanted to end speedrunning with this fix.

40 Likes

Well, this was not what I was expecting, massive respect for this post though, at least it wasn’t intentional.

1 Like

13 Likes

Fantastic news ! IOI doing all the right moves lately :pray:

4 Likes

A moment of silence for all speedrunners who will have to deal with severe erectile dysfunction until then. :pensive:
oh-no-anyway

5 Likes

Year 3 content confirmed

21 Likes

Patches confirmed at least.

1 Like

Jokes aside the patch notes at least confirm there will be more elusive target re-runs :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes