Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

I was searching for some trademarks related to Hitman and found some interesting things.

Some people pointed out in the past that Hitman trademarks are registered under Square Enix, but I found it varies between sources. Some state Square Enix as the trademark owner, while others say IO Interactive owns those trademarks. I think it could be that some sources are late for an update or the owner differs by region.

Related to that, if the source says IO Interactive owns Hitman trademarks, that includes Hitman Sniper: The Shadows.

And here are things that seem related to Hitmay that I don’t recall being used anywhere; HITMAN MAINFRAME, HITHAPPENS. Judging by their registration date, unless they were used somewhere that I don’t know, my guess is they are a scrapped name and slogan for Hitman 6.

Of course, I also encountered the well-known HITMAN: PROFESSION and HITMAN PRO.

Although technically not related to Hitman, here is a possible scrapped title for Freedom Fighters; AMERICAN FREEDOM FIGHTER: LIBERTY ISLAND. I also found two previous titles of Freedom Fighters; Freedom: The Battle for Liberty Island, the original title announced at E3 2002, and Freedom: Soldiers of Liberty, the title used around 2003 before it changed into Freedom Fighters.

What is most interesting is that HITMAN: CODENAME 47, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, HITMAN: DEATH AWAITS have recently been registered by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation for television and multimedia program series. Maybe the TV show project isn’t dead.

19 Likes