Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

Huh, it points to his office, not the toilet he hides in during Landslide? The toilet is barely inside the circle. :thinking:

8 Likes

Right, I meant to say his office. Guess I was over-excited by these revelations.

2 Likes

This was the instance I knew we needed a winter coat in the game and luckily we got it in H2.

2 Likes

Man I remember watching Hitman 2007 as a kid and wanting that outfit sooooo bad in game.

I can’t say for certain if it’s cause of me, but in 2016 I requested it and the Terminus suit as unlocks, and they both came true. I like to think I basically willed this suit into existance lol.

5 Likes

Never noticed this before, but when you complete a mission in Sniper Assassin mode - the brief shot of 47 as the mission ends is different depending on whether you were looking down the scope of the sniper rifle or not before it started playing.

14 Likes

despite a cutscene triggering when the player enters the room, Diana has a showering animation that she does on loop when no one is around. they probably meant for the player to see her from afar, originally. and um…she’s fully modeled. (no pictures, you can look that up yourself :imp:)

makes you think, if they could have a realistic naked model back then, they could have just let Orson shower naked. what they did with Diana was far worse

12 Likes

Somehow, it’s considered more explicit to see a naked man’s genitals than a naked woman’s, while simultaneously being less explicit to see a man’s nipples than it is to see a woman’s. I don’t get that part, although it is possible that there might have been a technical reason. If Orson were fully naked, and censors from any country the game released in said it couldn’t be permitted, and it were easier to just blur the offending bits than re-draw him with a jockstrap, well, supposing a similar thing happened with Diana’s model, it’s possibly easier to blur out a woman’s bits than a man’s. That’s the only explanation I can come up with beyond the immaturity society has regarding what parts of naked people are ok and which are not.

8 Likes

Or IO didn’t have the balls snort to give Orson the necessary tools like R* did in TLaD

5 Likes

Or, hear me out here, it fitted much better with the tones of the games the nudity was in.

7 Likes

Absolution had so much sexual undertone that it became obnoxious.

3 Likes

Agree.

Disagree.

2 Likes

Ya´all talk about Orson showering in his undies, but don´t care about all those heathens at Gamma bathing in an onsen in goddamn towels?! :triumph:

11 Likes

That’s different; GAMA may specifically have a no-free-balling policy with their hot springs. Orson was in a private residence, and unless Alma had a rule against him being fully naked (doubtful), he’s just being weird… especially since he then got into bed in that same thong five minutes later, and I don’t care how hot his balls were, there’s no way that thing was dry by the time he got into bed.

5 Likes

They may have whatever policy they like, but this person does not understand how towels work:

12 Likes

Do people really want to see animated genitals that badly? There are other places for that. Absolution felt dead full of immaturity, and like it was written by an edgy teen just learning about their own sexuality and curse words. I’m glad WoA decided to steer in a direction more fitting to what Hitman is actually about.

6 Likes

for the majority of people and myself, no.

i only posed the comparison because it showed how absurd Absolution was. it makes more sense logically that Orson would be modeled than Diana would, considering you can actually see/walk around him. the reason it’s like that is, unfortunately, sexism(mostly).

I’m glad IOI is continuing to move past this as well with the current WOA trilogy. :+1:

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s so much about wanting to see naughty bits as it is about whether the naughty bits being uncovered are a more realistic scenario. But censoring them (having a pixelated effect) is fine. Orson in a jockstrap seems a bit silly, but I get it and it was the easiest “fix” so people didn’t make a huge fuss over it.

There are at least 3 reactions to nudity that I can think of.

1. Shock and being offended. “Cover them up! It’s indecent!”
  2. Being a creep about it and enjoying it. “Gimme moer!” (typing with one hand)
  3. Ignoring it and having the realization that it’s just the human body.

So I’m not saying “this is how it should be in _____ game.” Each publisher has control over what they show. But I guess it’s up to the individual on how they react to what is or isn’t shown, or even question the motives of what was shown. Is it obscene? Or is it artsy/realistic? :thinking:

5 Likes

I think pixelating their genitals would remind me too much of The Sims lol.

I don’t think IOI needs to have done this out of any sort of obligation towards not offending people, but simply because no one really wants or cares to see it. Just like in other mediums, creators use several ways to get around that and having characters wear underwear in situations where they might realistically be nude is a classic one, AKA the ‘Hulk’ method. I feel like it breaks the fourth wall less than pixelation personally.

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure that a game like Hitman needs nudity (or near-nudity) at all. There are scenes like Alma and Orson getting ready for bed and the spa in Hokkaido that would seem to require at least some level of undress, but there aren’t any actual sex scenes in the game (talking about World of Assassination anyway). I’m not offended by it, it just isn’t necessary.

4 Likes

For me, nudity in Hitman (WOA to be more specific) is mostly uncessary. Sure, if it makes sense, it could be included (Alma undressing, Orsone/other NPC’s showering, Yuki going into sauna, Ljudmila getting massage), but for the most part, it’s just a little, moslty unnoticable thing you don’t think about right away.

4 Likes