Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

You know, I’ve seen a lot of people say that, but I really haven’t noticed Haven NPCs having any more viewing advantage than any other map.

2 Likes

I found out a lot of stuff recently. I was playing Hitman 2016 when I realized that at certain angles you could see through 47. So I went onto Hitman 3 and sure enough, the issue is still there. Basically, on suits/disguises where 47 has a V-neck showing off a bit of skin, they didn’t model his chest far enough down so you can see through him if you look at him from a downward angle (or at a more horizontal angle if he’s crouched). Some examples are Rocco’s Kitchen Assistant in Sapienza or the Elite Soldier in Marrakesh.

In Hokkaido, this is an issue with the VIP Patient outfit, however the White Yukata has a black collar that I never noticed in the 10 months I’ve been wearing the suit which helps cover it up.

Hitman 2’s outfits seem to do a much better job hiding this, but it’s still there. It’s even an issue with the Neon Ninja Suit.

For the Italian Suit, they added a bit of flesh under 47’s head model to cover up this issue, but you can clearly see where they did this. Interestingly, this isn’t an issue in the Tropical Islander which reuses the Italian Suit’s shirt.

Finally, I wanted to see if you could see through 47 on the Lynch Suit. You can’t, but what I found was equally weird. 47’s head model doesn’t match with his body, and there’s a very visible line where the two meet. It’s pretty obvious, but I’ve never noticed it before cause this was literally the first time I’ve ever worn the Lynch Suit.

16 Likes

the mismatched skin tones have been an issue for a while. seems to happen less now though

9 Likes

I don’t know what platform you play on my chemical conjuring forum friend, but here is a example on Xbox thst i personally have had in the past:
Go to the pier at default spawn and just bonk out the cleaner there sa ofc a gusrd by the entrance of the reception desk will continue to see you.
I know it is all fixed in PC so lucky them i guess

Xbox One.

Why in the course of gameplay would I bonk out that cleaner? And why would it be surprising that you can be seen from there? It’s a clear path with no obstacles, if I’m thinking of the same cleaner you are. Anyone would be able to see a person getting attacked from that far away on an island with no detailed backdrop to distract from.

3 Likes

Just a example i had in my head and maybe contracts mode? Idk doing this on a phone coming home, so quick answers and spelling mistakes.

Yes but i dont think you realize that its completely different to every WoA map in the trilogy (that i can remember anyway) thats like saying why on earth does the Marrakesh camera man the news crew paid not recognize that 47 doesn’t sound like the actual npc. Or a better example how does Dawood Rangan not notice a bloddy Cockasian disguised as one of his guards? Surely he would remember hiring a man who aint native to the country hes in?

Also Xbox is the best platform change my mind

Edit: We’re thinking way too much into this and ive started a argument with the infamous Heisenberg

A character remembering who works for them is a whole different story from having a clear line of sight on what the player character is doing and being able to spot illegal activity.

3 Likes

Fair enough ive stretched this too much. I’ll take my loss

2 Likes

Me either. The craziest sight lines I’ve dealt with were all in Dartmoor. Alexa has seen me knockout that maid in the side room on the top floor through a wall and I’ve been spotted knocking out the PI in the hallway with the shotgun case by guards on the upper floors (you know, throughs walls AND floors).

This was all mostly in the few months of release and it appears to have long since been fixed but I’ve never dealt with anything half as crazy on Haven Island (and those NPCs can only wish they had X-ray vision too).

Considering that suit spends most of its time trying to burn your eyes out of their sockets, that’s an impressive find!

1 Like

Since July 2021 patch.

2 Likes

Or, he’s usually not wearing a tank top, so the parts that are typically exposed when he’s wearing a normal shirt are darker due to sun exposure. Look at the shirt straps and low back collar, and the lighter skin beneath. Then look at the arms, neck and head, which are all of a darker shade. And assuming IOI didn’t get that extensive in their foresight, then 47’a most commonly exposed skin parts have been reshaped multiple times but they didn’t bother with stuff further in because they didn’t plan on having anything exposed that far in while still having him clothed, and they just overlooked it.

1 Like

There’s a throuple in the Berlin bathroom.

I’ve actually had a lot of issues with Haven sight cones and more specifically being seen through walls. It’s mainly if not entirely located in the mansion area of Haven (an area that already had kinda bad NPC spacing and layout). Apparently it had something to do with some of the doors in the mansion, but the most glaring issues was that Tyson Williams could CONSISTENTLY see bodies through multiple floors all the way down to the basement (as with his walk animation he would constantly be looking down). A lot of NPC’s also felt like they had old 2016 viewcones, where they would be able to see 270 degrees around them from random head turning and overvigilance.

I actually hate Haven a lot because of the mansion area (it kind of lacks the freedom that the other two targets and rest of Haven have), and these bugs just kind of compounded that issue more.

3 Likes

This was a very well known issue I think. It was very common in the data center area for a guard or Tyson himself to see you doing something when there was no way they should have been able to do so. Taking out either of the two maids on the west side of the mansion, second floor was much more difficult than it should have been due to the NPCs being able to see through the walls of the mansion.

I don’t know if there were other well known areas of Haven like that but the mansion was definitely buggy.

2 Likes

Yeah, they get REALLY annoyed if you enter that bathroom :joy:

1 Like

:thinking: I never encountered that BUT I never really Hitman 2 until after Hitman 3 came out so maybe IO fixed it by then. And then maybe early Dartmoor inherited that X-ray vision problem. :man_shrugging:

In Absolution the locked door at the end of Skurky’s Law can be opened with the sledgehammer :no_mouth: Timestamp: ~ 3:23

15 Likes

… how had you been opening it all this time? Had you ever opened it before?

1 Like

I always shoot the lock :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

By shooting the lock or using the “tunnel” between the cells. My habit of not picking up random melee weapons must have backfired…

3 Likes