Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

You can not sling the baseball bat on your back with invisible straps like you can a rifle or a sword )=

2 Likes

Most guards of what I like to call “military grade” are able to open carry sniper rifles.

4 Likes

In an unfortunate way, I found out that you cannot do the alerted guards exploit (shooting 3 times or shooting a person, then running away from the spot) with assassins, as they will always start shooting you wherever they see you. This cost me the very final showdown mission and all 3 full crates of tools. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

8 Likes

What’s that brown thing to the right of the coffin supposed to be?

1 Like

A smoke i think :smoking:

Might be wrong

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Haha, of course.
I hadn’t seen the middle part of that cigarette (blended with the forum background) and thought the grey part was the fish hook from Ambrose Island.

3 Likes

It’s like a feature. Lets say, there’s 2 levels of guards. Paris in example, Level 1 are the ones in the ground floor with the jackets and Level 2 the CICADA dudes in suits.

The latters are allowed to carry sniper rifles and heavy weapons while the first ones don’t. This is more notable in Hardcore mode.

6 Likes

Thanks for all your responses regarding the sniper rifles on Ambrose Island. I’m still not sure, whether being allowed to carry them openly is intended or not.

UrsamRableckBearmon mentioned that maps with multiple ranks/levels of guards allow the highest ranking guards to carry snipers. However, that doesn’t seem to be consistent across all maps. In Isle of Sgail for example there are three types of guards: Guards, Raiders and Elite Guards. Yet none of them, not even the elites, are allowed to openly carry snipers.

I guess I’ll just enjoy the disguises that allow it and don’t overthink it :wink:

3 Likes

The Bikers in the Berlin mission are allowed to carry sniper rifles as well.

7 Likes

Always thought Whittleton Creek was the first map where rakes appeared that were usable for KOing NPCs. Not true. Finally explored all of the Mumbai train yard yesterday, for the first time checking a corner I never checked, and fuck around… there’s a rake in Mumbai.

17 Likes

Yeah it’s really in the corner of the place, its kinda strange.

I recently found there’s like 3 or 4 places to find a lever for the Train Kill, and I’m surprised I never came across it naturally until I looked up how to do it a few weeks ago

11 Likes

I’ve replayed Sapienza so many times when I first got into Hitman 2016, but only today have I discovered this passage that goes below the connector to virus chamber.

Thanks, Freelancer.

6 Likes

Can explosive reach the virus from below?

1 Like

Keep in mind that this passage doesn’t go directly below the virus, but under the tube corridor that leads into the virus’ room, so there’s still a considerable gap. With that being said, I did try chucking a semtex block into a small gap between the room and rock floor, but even stuck there it was far from reaching the virus. Though I only did a single attempt.
Thus I think it’s impossible, unless there’s some weird tech or engine quirk I don’t know about.

1 Like

That passage is too dark to be of any use anyway. I avoid it at all times for fear of getting stuck in that void.

9 Likes

On Berlin I have a target in Freelancer called Klaus-Ian Hintelaar. Seems like a reference to Dutch soccer player Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

They don’t resemble each other much though. :smile:

15 Likes

Just learned that if you shoot at your own rubber ducks that are in your safe house they’ll explode. Luckily it doesn’t actually make you lose them, they just respawn… And I guess create a mild mess for 47 to clean up :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

How do you shoot at them? The game won’t even let me aim a gun in the safehouse unless it’s the firing range. Unless I’m doing something wrong.

Yeah, it doesn’t let you aim but the shooting button still works. Fun to mess around with an assault rifle in there

9 Likes

For me the shooting button doesn’t always work. If I hold it down as the safe house is loading I generally have a better chance of it working.

4 Likes