Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

It’s the pure ruthlessly efficient professionalism for me. The fact that, per SA gameplay and the conversation they have, it’s canonically accepted that 47 did not kill Malcolm Sturrock after finding out he was the actual killer of the client’s daughter, solely because the terms of the contract were for Campbell and his lawyer only and did not include instructions to also take out anyone else who was directly guilty if evidence of such was found. That mission alone is why that game stands out to me, and it’s the best mission in the series entirely for that reason. 47 was paid to kill two specific targets, find the girl, and either get her out or bring back evidence that she had been killed; he did all of this to the letter, even though the two targets were only guilty of covering the matter up. He and Diana didn’t even slow down to consider maybe whacking the actual killer while they were at it. 47 asking if the mission hadn’t changed was closest we got. Diana didn’t hesitate to basically say to carry on with what he was already going to do, this new info didn’t change anything, and he was like, shrug, just checking. That’s pinnacle Hitman for me; utterly ruthless, uncaring, unbiased, professional.

5 Likes

Interesting analysis, I can relate with most of it.
It’s almost a similar case in Beldginford Manor, where 47 must free Giles Northcott from his cell, but just because the contract require it (47 say it clearly: “your father paid me for free you”).

Even the ICA’s orders sounded more cynical in the past, on Woa it almost seems they kill bad guys for save the world from evil.

4 Likes

I’ve spent hundreds of hours playing Contracts over the years and I never knew you could do this!! :open_mouth:

Thanks for sharing! :grin:

4 Likes

Same for me! It seems almost anybody, or few people in the world, knowed about this trick.

It’s surprising how many details are still discovered in any hitman game.

4 Likes

Well, I guess I can bask in self-satisfaction that I knew about it then :smile: Can´t remember if it was from the trailer or if I figured it out myself though… Also I don´t think I ever figured out any decent use for it apart from it being a cool little feature (and a way of providing a fitting end to Malcolm) :thinking:

1 Like

Effectly, it seems not suitable for a SA run. Even Malcom it’s not a target, and I can’t figure out a way to lure Andrei (the lawyer) there without messing around too much. Sturrock, obviously, it’s out of question.

It’s still a cool and creepy feature, it feels almost at Manhunt level of sickness.

You’re a legend, for knowing about it all this time.

2 Likes

Actually, you can kill Malcom and still get SA. The mission allows 1 enemy kill, 1 shot fired and 1 alert for a SA rating. Even in Suit Only runs. :eyes:

For Andrei, wait in the bathroom. He goes after some minutes but his bodyguard checks all the cubicules (just hide behind one of the doors to avoid it). Make sure Andrei is your last target so when his bodyguard comes back to check all the stalls again, you can run directly to the trucks to exit.

2 Likes

That’s why I also said “per the conversation they have.” Although the game may allow one additional kill for SA, 47 canonically doesn’t kill more than his assigned targets unless he is defending himself, such as with the ? lady in Blood Money. He and Diana had that conversation specifically to make it clear to the player that killing Malcolm was not part of their contract, and so they weren’t going to do it. And that’s what makes that mission so great. As it is, I kill Andrei first to take his pistol and shoot him with it when he’s passed out, then hide the pistol in the chicken and use it to shoot Campbell in the head after he eats the chicken.

1 Like

I think that same conversation also applies to killing Malcom. I mean, their dialogue isn’t directly contradictory to the choice.

The contract was to kill Campbell and Andrei, and get the girl/evidence of her presence/death out of the factory and to the client; no more, no less. The terms of the contract had not changed by finding out that it was cambell’s brother who actually did it. That was the point; it was to show that 47 and Diana were following the terms of the contract to the letter and not going above and beyond, because they are not vigilantes or good people. They are hired killers who kill who they are paid to or who they must out of necessity, no more.

2 Likes

On Holiday Hoarders, if Harry is in the chimney room as Santa spawns, he will flinch, and then start clapping before continuing his route.
Meanwhile on Hokkaido, they appear to have given the hospital bodyguard Jikushikatate a surname to go along with (Fujimura). Can only assume this happened when the snow festival gained contracts mode applicability, given the fact I’m pretty sure Federov’s bodyguard is a new NPC who therefore needed to be assigned a name.

9 Likes

It’s cool that you’re just finding this out… but what happens if you give Florida Man some cocaine instead?

5 Likes

While trying to fix a bug on the handkerchief model of the Paris tuxedo I found something pretty weird but also interesting: a likely older, closer to concept art tuxedo suit is included in the form of “LODs”, so I tried to get all the matching pieces together and here’s what it looks like:

currently used:

Concept art

Main differences are: larger jacket opening, lower and bigger bowtie, more detailed shirt buttons with actual depth, handkerchief position closer to the center and slightly different jacket shape close to the 2016 signature suit

The funny thing about this is that I only found out about it because of the handkerchief being broken, and realized there was a version of the model that was used as an LOD despite being “better” and not broken but it was inside of the “new” jacket

I also cannot fully restore this version because the shirt model does not fit with the current shirt texture, while everything else does match, and I’m not sure if it’s intended or not…

13 Likes

This is really interesting! I love to see things on concept/removed content as it always makes me wonder what we COULD have gotten, but to be honest: It’s more fun to imagine what was once supposed to be.

I wonder how much stuff really is just out there.

The fact that this is a possible mechanic in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/1834bva/possibly_the_dumbest_way_i_have_ever_died_on_this/

10 Likes

OH NO! I would’ve yeeted the controller into tomorrow.

1 Like

Found the shirt textures (they are Jasper Knight’s) so I can show a textured view now :stuck_out_tongue:

Also compiled what seems to be early Sapienza suit and I like that shirt way more than the one we got :weary:

cool watch

Concept art

14 Likes

Hey look, it’s Pitbull! Mr. Worldwide himself.

5 Likes

You can indificcate any et h1 breifng like: Good/Afternoon,Evenning, and in all h1 briefings this intonation is different.

3 Likes

You can shoot out the lights in New York! Posted in H3, got told y’all would like this.

I was at the end of a Kill Everyone challenge when I noticed that it was darker than usual. Apparently, some of my bullets shot out the lights in the main area, making it much more darker! I didn’t think IOI would put this much detail into this, lol. Here are some photos I took while messing with the darkness. It’s not jut the main area either! Pretty much every light (except for the long ones in the main banker’s longue or vault) can be shot out! Photos below!




23 Likes