Algeria does Game Awards better than Geoff Keighley Game Awards
The long, uninterrupted (albeit pre-recorded) message from an Industry Vet - Jane Perry and the nominees have a little blurb about the actor talking about their role or at least Sam Lake doing that lol
That’s Head_Caucasian_60s_01 (or Hector as I named him), a Generic NPC Head.
He can be found in Miami on a few models, as James Batty in WC, on several models from Haven Island, in Dubai he’s Hans Lucht (as poined out) and he’s a Biker in Berlin.
That peeping guy was will remain on his phone but if you hop the wall, he will peep and I beleive alert the guards since you are trespassing in Andrea’s compound.
He’s enforcing the street soldier disguise for some reason though. Probably to troll players, he can immediately compromise you if you peep back at him as a soldier
Just checked as I didn’t remember that, and I should probably caveat this by saying he didn’t immediately compromise me when I peeped back at him as a soldier, probably because that peep hole is only technically a hole for the player (imagine the wallhacking allegations because npcs could see through a peep hole from across a room). Seems like the devs are nice enough to not make it magically compromise you too.
He’s also interestingly not an enforcer on casual but he is on professional and master mode
Randomly felt like replaying Illusions of Grandeur and there’s quite a few things I either was not aware of or completely forgot from my previous playthroughs:
The whole chawl is not a trespassing area as long as the entrance guards don’t see 47 entering. Using one of the many side entrances or hitting a guard with a blind dart then running past is enough to get almost free roam in the area.
The only 2 exceptions to the above are the area where Kashmirian has his sniper setup in original mission and Kashmirian’s apartment. Former can be entered without counting as trespassing by climbing around, but the apartment will be a hostile area even after sneaking in.
Basil does leave the chawl as part of his loop. He goes to a tea stand, complains about no vendor at it, then goes back. There’s a popup about it in the intel tab when that’s witnessed. Of course it opens up yet another poison opportunity.
The aforementiond tea stand also gives an option to serve Basil’s personal guard.
Using emetics on him will make him puke in the canal spot normally used by Gregory Arthur. This allows for an easy pacification to both remove him from action and get his disguise.
The Bollywood guard disguise is largery detrimental. Entrance guards still disallow direct entry, while it’s enforced by both Basil and the guard roaming Kashmirian’s apartment.
There’s a walkable plank added that’s not in the original mission. It connects yellow skywalk’s staircase (the one near laundry’s southern entrance) to chawl’s second floor.
This isn’t actually something added by Illusions od Grandeur, but I’ve spotted an alley near shopping district on the map that’s seemingly a dead end that I did not notice before. That dead end has one of Maelstrom’s recordings and a loose Queen’s guard disguise placed in a homeless tent.
If I say “Mike” - do we all know who that is? It’s the guy that Dawood interrogates on the plank every few minutes until he pushes him off.
If nobody gets to push him off the plank - he eventually goes back to Vanya Shaw. I’ve wondered if he goes to get this disguise, or does he get one from the trainyard area?
Not sure if I should’ve put this here or in the Freelancer topic.
If you look at the mini-map you can see a disguise. That is the suit I came in with. But this cave goes into hostile territory… It was the first target I killed. But now this boat is here in the way.
I’ve seen another spot where a boat (probably this same one) appears by/on one of the beaches. I can’t go through the boat, but apparently, other NPCs can. I shot and alerted the other guard that leans against some crates and has his back to you. He passed through it - no problem.
I’ve seen a similar boat appear near the hangar where the oil can is. There was a courier around that area, I KO’d him into the water to get his money but that alerted the guards so I quickly got away. When I came back later to pick up the merces I found that I actually couldn’t, because that boat apparently spawned on top of them