Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

Ohh… I was wondering if that was related to us! I turned on that radio once, heard a bunch of discussion about some super-infectious virus and lockdowns and stuff, but thought: “nahhh they wouldn’t really reference 2020 like that, right?”
It was actually kinda eerie, not gonna lie.

(I guess this confirms my prediction on whether H3 will add references to current events, much like how H2016 had two characters in Colorado talking about a “yellow-haired guy” rambling on and on at a debate)

5 Likes

If this WOA trilogy is playable in the future these games will really be a time capsule of 2016-2020.

7 Likes

Its actually 2019 - 2020. H1 already took place in 2019, iirc.

2 Likes

It is but the NPCs talk about things like voting for that TV presenter billionaire in the upcoming presidential election. Or the NPC talking about Pokemon Go (I know it’s still popular but it was very mainstream 2016)

The writers had 2016 influences even when the story was set later.

9 Likes

I’ve just found something interesting.
On Dubai briefing, there is a quote that appeared a few times
Top middle

Top left

" In the 1980s, Janus, now the advisor to the three families, secretly recruited the renowned Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer, to create obedient clones."
I found that quote to be similar then I remembered in the wikia there is a similar quote.

I think “Maybe the quote in the briefing was in the page a while ago before it was edited” so I take a look at the edit history of the page and this is what I got:

Before being edited by user Kyleneu on January 21st.

1 Like

Wasn’t the Dubai briefing leaked early?

That’s also interesting because Janus actually says that this project was a waste lmao

This kid gets it.

ᴮʸᵉ

1 Like

When I was this kids age I was playing on my DS!

3 Likes

Well then they shouldn’t have that big of a party. However If I’m not mistaken H3 still takes place in 2019 and the effects of the outbreak isn’t really felt yet.

But imagine a Hitman level with COVID-19 restriction, everything closed, no crowds, 2 meters distance to targets.

2 Likes

H1 = 2019
H2 = 2020
H3 = 2020 - 2021

Best to assume this is another one of Diana’s parallel universes.

7 Likes

I don´t think the year plays a role. In 2019, it was only a thing in China and no one really cared, whereas on the radio they are talking about a second wave and another lockdown. So likely just a reference to the real world situation, not something that would be actually happening in the game world as well.

Now you´re just describing Chongqing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Patient Zero already gave enough COVID vibes…

8 Likes

It’s why we got the ending that we got. The virus grew so bad that 47 went to isolate himself in a cabin for a year to keep his perfect health perfect.

It all makes sense now.

12 Likes

Do we have anything that actually proves when the other two games takes place, we know that H16 takes place in 19. However unless I’m mistaken I haven’t actually seen anything in H2 and H3 that exactly says what year it is. Either way it isn’t that important.

It does, yet there is no 2 meters distance requirements or hand sanitisers standing around.

I agree, it’s nothing but a reference. Just like the guards in Colorado describing a man similar to Trump.

1 Like

Alexa’s Grave says she died in 2021 and Yates’ calendar is on April 2021

15 Likes

It’s more so a implied timeline, but for more physical tangible evidence A calendar in Mendoza says that it is April 2021. You can find this in Yates House.

2 Likes

IO never bothered with dates, the games are supposed to happen when they release :grimacing: so H2016 happens in 2016, but some elements show the “2019” date, while others show “2016”

I’m pretty sure H2 mentioned 2019 at least.

1 Like

I don’t really know, it’s kind of mixed together, but mostly all 3 games happen during their release date

Well that isn’t correct, since we have an established time frame with H16 taking place 19 years after 47 escape from the Asylum in 1999. That said it was a later change, since there are still items around with 2016 as the year.

3 Likes