Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

That’s the training, therefore it’s like a “flashback” before the actual 2016 events start happening,
After the training, 47 goes on doing all his missions from legacy games (hence why the legacy trailer plays) and then the trilogy starts in 2016, 2018, and 2020-1 :grin:

2 Likes

It’s not a flash back, it’s not 47 remembering his time at the training facility. It’s a time jump.

1999 - 47 escaped from the Asylum and joins the ICA later that year.

2000 - a year later the first mission in Codename 47 takes place ‘Kowloon Triads in Gang War’.

19 years earlier from the start of H16. Puts the prologue in 1999. If it was 2016 H16 took place, then the time line would not be corrected. We know this if you look at the cut scene from ‘Kowloon Triads in Gang War’ in C47.

What I’m saying is that it’s af unny dialogue and we shouldn’t be too caught up in.

6 Likes

Well that’s an inconsistency from IO, but my point still stands

2 Likes

No the game takes place in 2019 and the prologue is set in 1999. Calenders that has the wrong date is an oversight.

3 Likes

That’s true. Who is the president in Hitman? Usually they do a GTA and have fictional presidents. Like Tom Stewart.

1 Like

But even before escaping the Asylum, 47 was doing contract killing, at Lucas Grey’s side. One of these hits was on Diana’s parents.

I just realised that here:

Diana is unknowingly commenting on her own parents’ murder.

6 Likes

Haha, pretty much :grimacing: and again there’s a tiny timeline inconsistency IO created with that trilogy, but most of it is fine and further is explained during the cutscenes :smiley:

Yes, that is true. However these hits where not sanctioned under the I.C.A. The first mission ‘Kowloon Triads in Gang War’ in C47 takes place in 2000, one year after his escape from the Asylum and joins the I.C.A.

The hits Grey and 47 did together where done on Providence behalf, before 47 mind where wiped and the first Asylum burned down (the night Six escaped).

So we know from the time frame that the prologue is set in 1999 due to two different cut-scenes. I want to clarify a mistake I made. ‘Kowloon Triads in Gang War’ cut-scene says “1 year later” and not “2000” as I stated above. However Hitman Contracts gives us the last information in it’s Asylum cut-scene it says “Romania 2000”.

So from this information alone, we already know when 47 escaped and joined the I.C.A.

1999 - Escape from Asylum and joins ICA
2000 - Kills Red Dragon Negotiator in Hong Kong and later Ort-Meyer

4 Likes

It´s been a while since I last let Dr. Laurent have the honour of operating Mr. Soders, so I was pleasantly surprised to find out that after discovering the truth, he phones non other than Don “Balls” Yates.

38 Likes

They don’t call him “Balls” for nothing

well, actually, they probably do.

3 Likes

I love that, replaying older missions and finding out about characters we didn’t know back then, like during Ken Morgan’s phone call in Bangkok :smile:

3 Likes

Well, the Hunter Briefcase has a hidden/ invisible Military Briefcase mesh. Quite lazy from IO’s part, that they cant add a unique mesh. (UMM how is this an offensive post?)

Non-Instinct view

Instinct View:

23 Likes

wow, that does not look good at all tbh. I’m not a fan of that briefcase but they should really fix this asap since it’s “deluxe” paid content

3 Likes

The Chinese Briefcase is the same, but it’s not really a huge issue imo. Maybe it’s just to minimise file size?

9 Likes

i think they just decided to use that toolbox mesh for the briefcase. not sure what the big deal is lol, just looks a bit odd

10 Likes

definitely not a big deal, but sure does pinches, that small and obvious details like these are overlooked, especially when you’re paying for Deluxe content.

7 Likes

I don´t play PZ missions all that often, and while I´ve certainly noticed the bats in The Author (they are rather hard to miss), it took me until now to notice the megabats (fruit bats, flying foxes, whatever the preferred name in EN is) in The Source. A cool little touch indeed :grin:

22 Likes

At the first glance on a small image it looks like a planes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it isn’t a big deal, but the deluxe is quite expensive and you don’t get much from it so you at least expect a certain level of polish for what you do get

The preferred name is Golbat

8 Likes