This map was such a waste of potential

well, patient zero at least had some, you know, ideas)

2 Likes

So going back on topic, I actually like Hawke’s Bay in fact this would be a really good tutorial since it encourages sandbox kills outside of the Mission Story system while also being one giant Mission story, it makes you go seeking out opportunities for kills and instilling patience in any new players who aren’t quite accustomed to this style of game.

The only real flaw is Alma only ever gets up from bed once after she goes to bed. If they had some way of keeping her up then I think less people would have been angry.

1 Like

I kinda agree with you, because it is a very beautiful setting and there is much potential, especially the surroundings on the beach.

But than again, there are masteries, story modes etc., so they got out everything that was possible and for me it feels more like a real level than the tutorials from Hitman 2016.

5 Likes

What? She doesn’t go to sleep forever?

I actually had no idea…

I know I have no idea how this level came to be. But it looks good, I like Alma as a target and it is a decent sandbox. It isn’t perfect but in many ways but it is a nice level nonetheless, if IO applied themselves more then it would be good.

Wait a few good minutes after she nods off and eventually she wakes up and takes a phone call on the balcony, I won’t spoil what it is about in case you like character stuff.

1 Like
6 Likes

Nightcall in my opinion remains one of the more unique missions in this current trilogy. It’s very simple and as the introduction for HITMAN 2 I wouldn’t say it’s wasted potential.

Nightcall has a familiar feeling to it, but also reminds us that this is a new game. It’s a simple home invasion mission with details other levels lack.

My personal favorite is the routines that lead up to Alma eventually going to sleep. The approach with this mission alone is interesting simply by testing your patience.

Nightcall also has one of the more unique kill methods for a target where Alma will literally go into the ocean and die by choice too I might add.

I don’t know I guess I just have a soft spot for the simple maps.

14 Likes

i guess it could be a nice change of pace when playing the whole trilogy at once. but then the hints should be removed when you play it even for the first time

4 Likes

Yes. And I liked the case that Alma changed her outfit and went to sleep. It felt more “realistic” than targets who are always walking the same path.

4 Likes

Yeah it is her and The Maelstrom who can change clothes.

3 Likes

Yes not only the clothes, but also the status. She walks from point A to B to C and stays there, not like other targets who come back to point A and it starts anew. That’s what I liked about Hawkes Bay.

2 Likes

Depends on what Mission you mean. Bangkok is great in my opnion, Sapienza is very lack luster and defenitly the worst Mission of it, even if the Atmosphere is Great, the Level offers almost no unique NPCs and most of Sapienza is once again unused. Colorado is… intresting, though I wish it wouldn’t be a Sniping Mission and Hokkaido is again great, if not as intresting to look at as Bangkok.

1 Like

I think the tutorial steps were very beginner like (unironically).

Example: instead of shooting the cameras, the tutorial pop-up could’ve been you can 'also avoid cameras.

Although it’s kinda useless as NPCs don’t recognize broken cameras/ disruption in recording footage (unlike blood money)

There’s no ‘Max’, bodies the the garage auto teleport to the burial site, you can’t use the cars to escape.

Though you do get to feel like death stalking its victim which is kinda cool. I’ve replayed the level quite a number of times, just to kill all the guards silently, let Alma and Sean 2 fall asleep and then .are noise just to fuck with them.

4 Likes

I think a tutorial should not encourage you to do something you never really have to do. Only if you artificially hinder the player by adding Perfect Shooter complication, shooting cameras when no guard is around to spot you is always the way to go.

I mean of course you can decide to avoid them yourself, but that decision shouldn’t a tutorial suggest. Instead it should show you how to finish the level with most ease and successful use of mechanics and getting SA rating.

Otherwise yeah, having Max on the map and using cars would be neat, though having Max being the only animal AI might have been not worth it and teaching the player more distractions to reach your boat is better as well.

5 Likes

I mean, if Hawke’s Bay was a real mission, it will take up more time to think of the mission mastery (seeing that the mission’s mastery level limit is literally 5), more challenges, and more shit to come with. I agree, the mission is quite bad, but it easier to accomplish SASO (you can actually do all the classics challenges if you have a silenced sniper rifle) than Colorado since Hawke’s Bay has that: everywhere is trespassing. Like the mission is so small and unlike ICA Facility (H2016) or Dubai (in H3, I might be completely wrong), and I don’t even see a mission story/opportunity, like let’s say if the repair guy comes to Alma’s house, we could have subdue/kill him to get his disguise so we can get in for a kill opportunity. Anyway that’s all.

1 Like

ICA Facility is included with Hitman 2, it’s just not the first thing that launches at the start, you have to back out of Hawke’s Bay and go looking for it

5 Likes

okay, i wasn’t sure about that, i thought it would be only there when you’ve downloaded the Legacy Pack.

It’s part of the free starter pack (and so is hawke’s bay) and in the campaign it’s listed as its own campaign. (there’s 4)

Prologue campaign (ICA facitly) is free starter pack, legacy pack is its own campaign, then hitman 2 campaign and then patient zero (if you have the goty upgrade for the legacy pack)

If you’re ever unsure of what comes with what, the full structure of the packages is covered here:

2 Likes

Jesus Christ, i miss the days where you didn’t needed a fucking Excel Spreadsheet to buy a Game :joy:

16 Likes

I really like this map for so many reasons. It is my map. I do not like map with more than two targets and I like small map. I like that we don’t kill Orson, but it’s so easy and convenient too.

I like Alma alot, her voice, her style, her sexy reaches my body and i feel for her with each time we make kill. Also I like that we reach map first and ambush target. The house and beach are perfect, i gush.

Listen really i have to say i like that the map is simple, has weapons on site with one target no fuss and without an extra wing ding to pick up on the way home.

Maybe it needs a maintenance man outfit or delivery man outfit?

I can watch my target go through a real routine and go to bed. I can watch her go to sleep from the roof of her home, it’s a feeling the level provides.

1 Like