Thoughts of Hitman content in 2022?

Well other than six maps with 20 levels of mastery :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nah but seriously i think since the game has sold really well and will also get a big boom of steam players i can imagine they will do more stuff. Maybe 1.5 years of support instead of two i would guess. Tho i would really prefer a full two or three. Steam is just a second launch for the game as im sure there are at least 50k people who are waiting for the release, which isnt a lot but itā€™s actually about double what the audience for the live stuff is. Im sure weā€™ll get new ETs at least until the free level rotation is done and then weā€™ll get a reactivation either 2023 or mid to late 2022

2 Likes

I get that, but I think that the number of people who are either hoping or assuming that the Steam release means bonus levels, new maps, new campaigns, or some other extra-level content are just setting themselves up for disappointment. These are the same commenters who will be here six months from now saying how crappy the game still is because there were no new bonus levels and anything except a bonus level is garbage.

They may do something ā€œspecialā€ when the game is released on other platforms (or they may never release it in other storefronts), but the community constantly wishing for stuff that most likely will not happen (and then complaining about it when it doesnā€™t) is tiring.

3 Likes

I just hope for at least a bonus mission for Dubai and Chongqing, then a seasonal escalation for Mendoza. I want to see those former two with their great base level design redone with some all new NPCs and with routing that takes advantage of it more than the main mission. Im happy with the DGS, i think that addressed my criticisms of dartmoor being barren, and im happy with the Lust escalation which addressed my criticisms of the game being too easy. So im not going to set myself up for disappointment and be overly critical but i still think they should do more with the maps and im optimistic they will. If not, Iā€™ll share this philosophy I have that for me if i think a game has been left with unfinished business i know that in ten years people will mod the game and introduce new stuff and fix bugs the devs neglected to make the game as good as it can be. For example look at sonic fans, theyve been making new stuff for the genesis games for years and have been fixing bugs. I think the trilogy has had enough of an impact that it could see a Sonic 3 AIR treatment where they fix the bugs or a Sonic Megamix thing where fans will just make bonus missions for me anyway. I know Rudd does that rn but hes just one guy so far

1 Like

I expect the steam release to garantee the rerelease of at least 15 ETs to assure that everyone can unlock everythings. After that I honestly think the decision will be taken according to the metrics of the game and IOI releases schedule. If the next game made by IOI is next year (keeping a two year gap between games), then nothing of importance. Otherwise I could see a second DLC pack akin to 7DS and maybe a small bonus mission akin to DGS, that is more about the mechanics and less about having stories and complex routines.

The only place and moment were I could expect more content will be if (and the emphasis is on the if) at the end of 2022/start of 2023 they release a master edition of the trilogy. And even thenā€¦

4 Likes

If IOI can make money off of a future DLC, they would invest in it, especially to extend a long tail of sales of Hitman III, which might get a big boost when there is a Steam release of Hitman III.

IOI also probably needs to prototype some new mechanics (e.g. like driving) for a future Project 007 release or other IP, so I could envision a paid Hitman III DLC, as a means for IOI to beta test new mechanics implemented in a limited format, within their established Hitman IP.

Does anyone have the approximate sales of the 7 Deadly Sins DLC on consoles and PC? This would influence whether packaging another set of escalations is something that IOI would do again.

1 Like

I think this was discussed prior to the original release of Hitman 3, but how many people are planning on buying a second copy of the game just so they have it on Steam instead of Epic Games? Iā€™m not, but I know that Iā€™ve read comments from some who were back when the game came out.

Not quite the same as an Epic-Steam double, but I currently have H3 on Stadia due to my PC being dead until recently, and now my PC is back Iā€™ll be getting a second, ā€˜masterā€™ copy of H3 on Steam next year to transfer my Steam H1/H2 progress over from and be my primary platform for the game.

Iā€™ll even - through gritted teeth, because I still think itā€™s insultingly overpriced - finally be picking up the 7DS DLC for completionist purposes on my ā€˜forever copyā€™ of HITMAN 3 on Steam.

I think the only time I can recall owning more than one copy of a game was when I had a disc-based game that I then bought a digital copy of for some reason. Lego Indiana Jones 2 may be the most recent one.

Maybe proto-test some situations and some basic NPC interactions but I think would keep their hand close to thier chest plus canā€™t see any major gameplay testing as that would require changes to the game engine (like driving) which would be beyond the scope of any expected DLC.

@scat1620 Be honest when Hitman 3 comes out on Steam better off waiting for a 7DS sale as good chunk of time would of passed since last sin was released. Likely the same for the Deluxe Pack as well.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I might not get the 7DS right away on Steam release, but waiting for a sale is still closer than the Never timeframe Iā€™ll be getting the 7DS on Stadia for. :grin: :+1:

1 Like

im gonna expect just et reactivations and nothing more, dont wanna hype myself up for stuff that wont happen. though im curious how ioi are going to do the rest of the hitman 2 free maps and 2 suits for new players.

wetsuit will most likely come with the mills reverie in november
the miami suit (and the undyings other two unlocks) is the one im the most concerned about, as the only way to get that suit was via a celebrity elusive target. so i dont know if they extended the contract with sean bean or if naming sean bean mark faba allows them to always reuse him, but i hope for new players that the undying isnt quite dead yet.
then for the rest they will have their respective single ets.
i wonder if ioi will surprise us with mumbai,bank or haven ets but they probably wont.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re very proud of Hitman 3 (insert other 7DS joke about being greedy). And rightly so.

Last time we got something because they needed money after being dropped by Square Enix and that became to be Game of the Year edition with some escalations, unique items and outfits along with 4 ETs turned into missions.

I also expect PCVR to be something as it would be a real waste if PC didnā€™t get it. They have been quite obvious without saying anything that something is going on with it. As every time they get asked something about it, itā€™s completely ignored and not even mentioned.

I think weā€™ll get another Game of the Year edition, they will likely be named GOTY by some publisher. Not sure what it would contain.

It would also be nice to see a DLC that allows you to play any ET at any time like a mission (maybe with a track of rewards which are just the performance coins and black winter suit).

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that the Undying suit is a reward for doing 15 Elusive Targets. There havenā€™t been 15 in Hitman 3 yet but itā€™s the listed unlock for that challenge. I donā€™t know if that means weā€™ll never see The Undying Elusive Target (or the Undying Returns) but the suit itself is already in the game as an unlock.

1 Like

that is correct, but im not talking about the undying suit. i was talking about the miami suit with gloves, which is locked behind doing one elusive target on miami. and the only elusive target on miami was the undying

5 Likes

Ah, I stand corrected then. Iā€™d guess theyā€™d have to either abandon the suit altogether or bring back that Elusive Target. There is precedent for not bringing an unlock back though. Those ICA Outstanding coins and such are gone forever if you didnā€™t get them back when Hitman 1 came out.

3 Likes

For content heading into 2022, Iā€™m hoping we get more H3 levels reworked like the Dartmoor garden show. Although it was an escalation, it felt more like a bonus level like we saw in Hitman (2016).

Imagine getting Mendoza at night time or Berlin during the day? The options and possibilities are endless :wink:

9 Likes

Personally, Iā€™d rather have Mendoza at night than a re-work of Berlin during the day, if my vote counts for anything.

6 Likes

Everyoneā€™s opinions matter so yeah.

Berlin for the day was just an example, it should be raining or snowing? Like I say the possibilities for IOI are endless.

5 Likes

I would like to see the rain effects added to other levels, not just the Hitman 3 levels. Rainy Santa Fortuna or Sapienza could look reeally goodā€¦

6 Likes

Good point.

At first the Chongqing rain did nothing for me. With contracts/escalations, it really grew on me, especially on a HDR display.

1 Like