Thoughts of Hitman content in 2022?

I want for the end of Hitman 3:

• All ETs being permanently reactivated
  • A new campaign called “seasonal event” or something like this, all the seasonal event: Holiday Hoarders, Hokkaido Snow Festival, Mills Reverie, Berlin Egg Hunt and all the future seasonal events (I hope they will be)
  • Sarajevo Six again
  • If in the meanwhile IOI want to give us other bonus missions (even escalation bonus missions like Dartmoor Garden Show), they are welcome
11 Likes

i agree with you just to ask you was the sarajevo six ps4 only if im right or wrong anyways the seasonal events for hoilday horaders to unlock the santa 47 and hokkaido snow festival for the snow festival suit i forgot the unlocks in the mills Reverise btw im new

2 Likes

…and yet here we all are. I don’t think that’ll happen. Greed was loathed to hell and back, and I’d wager people stuck around to see if things would improve, rather than just leave and forget about it. While the pricing for it is just bad, I don’t think it constitutes the doomsaying of “something similar will kill the game”.

5 Likes

Hoping for something better… :smiley: (As you´ve pointed out in your further elaboration.)

While I don´t see 7DS as a “game killer”, the fact is that for me personally it is not a reason to come back to the game as often as I´d like (though tbh, I´ve had more reasons for not playing it as much in the past months). I´m holding off on buying the DLC until the game comes to Steam, but H1 and 2 certainly had more “attractive” extra content, so here´s hoping things improve for H3 next year :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I don’t see how some “bad” DLC would affect the popularity of the game.

“That DLC is terrible, so that game that was getting wide praise at launch and is all still there is now suddenly a product I like less” is a sentence that doesn’t really make sense.

5 Likes

Agreed that individual DLCs (and in this case, that would be the whole 7DS package in context) are unlikely to kill a game’s reputation, but repeated infractions add up.

If IOI release any further paid DLC for HITMAN 3 and it gets the kind of reception that 7DS did on arrival, then you’re starting to get a cumulative effect. You can make the odd mis-step or two, but you can’t keep making them repeatedly without harming the original product no matter how good it is.

16 Likes

I’m hoping for more content like the Dartmoor Garden Show. Although it’s an Escalation, it feels much more different to the 7 Deadly Sins DLC.

IOI could have some more really cool DLC if they did different versions of Berlin, Mendoza etc :wink:

2 Likes

I´m hoping more for the latter. Proper bonus missions in the veins of Landslide and A House Built on Sand. While I did enjoy DGS a lot and agree it feels much more different, it still feels like a bit of a shame to “waste” a unique setting like that on an escalation. Or maybe it´s just that I prefer missions that have a firmly given lore, background, objective, etc. Dunno… :grin:

9 Likes

If IOI is looking into adding more items as unlockables in the future, I would like to see a variant of the Sieker (the emetic dart gun) be available as an unlockable in Hitman 3. The Sieker is very useful as a weapon in many contracts and it is currently a bit disappointing that this and the Remote Emetic Gas Device is only unlockable in the Haven Island as mastery level unlocks. Not everyone is going to already own Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 when they purchase Hitman 3. Both the Kalmer Tranquilizer and the Krugermeier has a variant available as a mastery level unlockable in Hitman 3, but not the Sieker. I see that as a bit of an oversight. The Sieker is one of my favorite pistols to use on missions where poisoning targets that don’t really do anything. So that’s my thought for Unlockables, and please don’t make it a Featured Contracts Tier unlock. Some of the contracts are either too difficult or not that interesting.

Either way, I would be happy to see some more free Escalations. The Carpthanian Mountains level is understandable to not really have any due to how linear the level is, but the others I see potential in adding at least a few more escalations. That would also be a great way to add in those weapons/items that I mentioned as unlockables. They would already have played the Tutorial Escalation, so I don’t see why you won’t add the Sieker or the Remote Emetic Gas Device variants in escalations.

Bonus missions that only change the time of day of an existing location would be very good to add in, even as an escalation like the Dartmoor Garden Show. Imagine Dubai in the evening, Berlin at midday, Chongqing in the morning, and Mendoza at night. Even with some of the areas being inaccessible, adding additional missions like that also would allow to add more variety to contract makers with new or existing NPCs and even finding and making more exciting contracts to share. I am basically welcome to see what IOI is going to be releasing in 2022.

9 Likes

I’d think Bonus Missions could be a little tricky for Hitman 3 locations since they aim to be canon. They would obviously have to take place prior to the World of Assassination campaign.

The Burj Al-Ghazali wasn’t completed before 47s arrival, so maybe a giant construction site could be neat, but we kind of got that in Mumbai with Rangan’s Tower.

Thornbridge Manor is possible but we’ve learned everything interesting about the Carlisle family in the regular mission. Dartmoor Garden Show takes place after everything if we go by the grave of Alexa, explaining away Diana’s absence. I guess 47 had to do something in that year gap.

Club Hölle is also possible, but it would be too similar if it was just the club again. I would suggest visiting the location back when it was a functioning Nuclear Power Plant, but that might be too much of a time jump.

Yuzhong District would be pretty limiting if the ICA Data Facility wasn’t there. Though, 47 was aware of this facility, so visiting it under different circumstances could be interesting. But still too similar.

Viñedo Yates is possible, but I’m not quite sure what you can do to the location to throw a twist on it. You could visit the winery in it’s infancy, but that would be another big time jump. The only tangibly related thread I could think of would be eliminating Theodore Kohn and or Valentina Yates while ownership of the winery is being transferred.

Carpathian Mountains as it is isn’t possible plot wise, but the idea of a Bonus Mission on a luxury passenger train is very tantalizing. I don’t know why there would be one out there, but I can look past the details in this case.

THAT ALL SAID, my ideal scenario would be a Patient Zero like Mini-Campaign on three maps that span one for each game in the Trilogy. (And hopefully as a separate purchase, it could bypass the need for Hitman 1/2 Access Pass ownership.) That would be a nice homage and final sendoff, I think.

5 Likes

What I’d like to see is a bonus mission focused around the gas station, woods, and outskirts of the club by the hippo pool in Berlin. Those areas were barely used in the main mission and it would be cool to explore the inside of the station and have people camping in tents out in the woods

5 Likes

I really hope for something in day but smoggy Chongqing, centered on the urban side of the map. The streets are beautiful but underused in the main mission. Neon signs+smog could me a great and beautiful combination.

Take the fog from the Embrace the Serpent special assignement, change it a bit, make it denser and apply it to Chongqing. And voila bladerunner. It’s even something that happens in real life Chongqing.

Maybe a rooftop party, maybe reconstruct the Block to have two stories of individual appartements and the last one with a penthouse. Also Zhao’s apartement, I know she’s a npc in the Yuzhong square, but who the hell is Zhao and why is she singled out. IOI showed us how much they could add to a map.
It is good to dream sometimes.

10 Likes

Not necessarily. ETs are also canon and they basically take place during the same events as the campaign. Plus it´s easy to go around it. All they would have to do (and they do that already quite often) is to omit any mention of the ICA in the briefings or missions themselves. It is heavily implied that 47 and Diana will be doing the same line of work anyway, only now without the ICA backing them. It would therefore be easy for example to have a mission in the Burj Al-Ghazali to, say, assassinate Salman and Omar on the behalf of any client.

As mentioned above.

They could just change the circumstances. Give the manor a new owner and base it around them.

I feel like repurposing it would make more sense, but it would still probably feel too same nonetheless…

This would be neat if they could utilize it.

Quite the contrary, this is THE one location in H3 that seriously needs a bonus mission. The main mission is too focused around the ICA Facility, so I´d like to see them cut it off and do something interesting with the street areas.

As for 47 revisiting a place, well, it´s not like he´s ever lamented doing a hit in Sapienze four or so times…

EDIT:

Yes!

This would be great, but I fear they would have to go for a completely different layout for the carriages to accomplish it…

I´m all in for that, but wouldn´t limit myself to one per game :wink:

3 Likes

Not all of them; only the ones in 2016, and only a few in Hitman 2. The ones in 2016 were usually quite explicity about them being guests to the main target (The Hacker, The Fixer, The Gunrunner, The Book Keeper), and H2’s targets for anything but Gorski and the Sgail ET’s are either ambiguous enough that they could’ve happened at any point (The Politician and The Revolutionary), while The Undying (returns) is an explicit guest of Robert Knox.

H3’s targets mostly don’t really follow this trend. They take place in secure locations like Vinedo Yates or the manor in Dartmoor (filled with Providence operatives and associates, and fairly well guarded estates respectively). Berlin’s ET’s are about the only location that can even be considered a Canon subject, as the club by itself is not special to the targets.

3 Likes

I’m mostly approaching this with the idea that there are less IOI staff working on H3 DLC than there were for H2. Of course I’d want more, but an equal one map for each game conveys the idea.

Also yeah as stated above, It’s even harder than usual to consider ETs as canon when 47 isn’t taking sanctioned targets during H3. If you forgo the circumstance the ETs take place in than some work, sure. I’m also trying to not place things after the last cutscene, as thats future IOI’s problem.

As for rebuttals, those are some good ideas, but (aside from my hopes for a reworked train bonus mission) I don’t know how much the existing maps’ geography can be manipulated. I ain’t a programmer.

A less rundown Chongqing apartments would work, and I forgot about the Berlin gas station, whoops!

1 Like

The Dartmoor Garden Show showed how much the architecture and geography of a level can be changed, as in not just new props added but whole portions removed or reworked (the fontain is the biggest one, the Japanese garden with its elevations and mini lake is another one).

More interestingly Envy showed that maps could be heavily retextured (the walls, the floors…) in addition to props (you can compare Yate’s room in the Villa to the normal map, every furnitures have been swapped for a new modern one).
Which unless I missed something was a first, and I’m tempted to say might have been a prototype (but I have to stress out, this is just a guess of mine).

Finally, to quote from the latest Insider. Now I know we should not read too much from it and overhype, but I am intrigued.

10 Likes

I’d be more than happy with this :grin: if we get bonus levels like ‘A House Built on Sand’, ‘Landslide’ and ‘The Icon’ that would be even better in my opinion!

7 Likes

The DGS is a complete mess of a map. Playing contracts on it is like pulling teeth.

It’s ironic how they made the awesome Dartmoor more lively and bright and still it turned out to be a pile of shit.

I thought most of the 7DS were pretty cool. I’d take the worst DS escalation (looking at you Greed) over DGS any day of the week.

Dumpster. Fire.

4 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion, however, I strongly disagree.

8 Likes

What’s so wrong with DGS? My only problem with it is the sole starting location that forces you to go all the way around to the back of the house to get to the action. When you’re experimenting with a new contract and restarting often, this suuuuuuucks.

5 Likes