Unable to go Online

Yeah, IO should really drop the internet requirement for their future SP games, it causes nothing but trouble. All that for some leaderboards that the majority doesn’t even care of…

7 Likes

I can’t connect since yesterday morning. Xbox Series S.

1 Like

The thing is, I don’t want “more announcements,” I want this explained and fixed. This should be the single highest-priority issue they have, not just a thing on a list of known issues. I know we have to wait until that happens, but that’s the part that’s painful about it. It’s not something that’s inconvenient but we can enjoy the game while playing around it like some of the other problems, it’s a fundamental block on doing anything that is actually interesting or meaningful in-game. Saying “we know this is happening” is not good enough when so many people are locked out.

7 Likes

I know the situation is hard and painful for anyone involved, and I am sure they also know that getting their customers to successfully play their products is supposed to be their top priority.

However, they do have limited resources and employees to deal with these many problems taking place at the same time. Perhaps it’s just not possible right now to make any statement.

I’d suggest that if you really can’t wait and being very much unsatisfied with this, asking for a refund could ease your pain and give you more choices when you’ve reacquired the money you paid.

Seems like “The Fox and the Grapes”

I waited for long time this game, and now i have to wait more for them to fix the always online BS stuff? I, as a player, don’t want to care about the team size, if there is a problem I’d like to have an answer. They will fix the problem in 3 hours? Ok, 12 hours? Hemmmm… ok, at least I have an ETA. But no communications at all and a game totally unplayable (I was mastering a level when I got kicked out) because in offline you don`t progress is, for me, irritating, And if they plan to shut down the servers tomorrow, we can’t play anymore. Thanks always online mode

2 Likes

Try going to the savegame, select it, press A to Delete everywhere. You will loose your savegames and game settings, no progress loss!
Worked for me; I can connect and play again.

I assume that is the case.

I’ve deleted the IO folder in Roaming but it just changed the error to unable to fetch config. Restored every option back to default but still the same. Uninstalled the game, deleted IO folder again and reinstalled. Now the game connected. Looks like sometimes save files corrupt the game somehow and probably will have the same issue soon after a few hours of playing.

Update: I’ve completed the Lee Hong escalation and started the one in Dubai and during the mission I got the server error and everything back to “unable to fetch config…”

i cannot connect…
Nice start…

Also unable to go online. dDisconnected during the last mission and since then not able to reconnect.

The amount of issues gets ridiculous. IOI please fix this asap.

2 Likes

At this point I feel like I’ll have to Perform some sort of sacrifice to IOI to even get an acknowledgment of the issue or a statement saying they are going to fix it ASAP. Radio silent on Twitter for the past few days. Don’t even know when I’ll be able to play online again just got to log on and hope to god I’ll be able to play. I understand there doing everything they can but I would at least like to be able to know when I can play the game again or find some sort of fix to my issue.

3 Likes

IOI are celebrating the start of the game… next check in monday i think… crying inside

4 Likes

I’m on PS4. I’m having the same problems as well. Tried reinstalling the game. Still can’t connect to servers.

1 Like

I’m impressed at how sophisticated this issue is. It’s been 3 days tomorrow morning will be 4 , that many people haven’t connected yet. Something must have corrupted player profiles I’m assuming.

2 Likes

Deleting saved game files from “manage game and add-ons” worked for me. Online at long last. Thanks to those who suggested that fix!

1 Like

Was partway into Mendoza when I got disconnected permanently again. This is ridiculous and IOI’s complete silence speaks volumes. I’ll try reinstalling for the second time in a day, but I shouldn’t have to.

IOI, your servers are broken. They need to be fixed, not on Monday, but ASAP. We clearly can’t keep this issue fixed for long enough for it to make playing the game worthwhile, and some people I’ve talked to can’t get the PC fix to work at any rate.

2 Likes

Game version: 3.10.1
Server version 8.1.0

I had the same problem on PC since the 22th after a successful carryover with “could not fetch configuration from server” on PC after playing some time on the game.

Fails:
I tried to delete the folders in C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\IO Interactive and also the main “IOI”-folder before (in EGS) and after the launcher of H3 and also before and after the EGS-cloud syncing. Everything failed.

Solution:
The only solution which worked for me (on PC) was:

• Delete the “IO Interactive” folder in “…\roaming” e.g.: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\IO interactive
  • Uninstall the game from the EGS-launcher.
  • Check again if there is no “IO Interactive” folder in “…\roaming”.
  • Install again H3 from EGS-launcher (I had mine on a different partition, so this should be no problem).
  • After install I “cloud-synced” my previous progress before starting H3.
  • Start H3
    Then it should sync fine with your prev. account and start as usual.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: 3h later I can not connect again. As a programmer myself this really points to a bug on the server side. FIX YOUR SHIT IOI, this is getting embarrassing…

6 Likes

I know you already did an edit to say this is a server issue but because I was bored and unable to play for hours I followed this exactly and still didn’t get even a moment of it working.

1 Like

On PC, can’t go online since yesterday. Am I the only one?

2 Likes

nope you are not, having this as well, also see: HITMAN 3 - Technical Support - #225 by Vishnu_Vardhan_Batch