Unable to go Online

At first it worked, but today I had no success in repeating this process. Unbelievable.

I guess the files they stored on their server are borked

Ya going to be fun watching this studio die a slow death because of the poor leadership lol

1 Like

Haven’t been able to play all day, fun stuff. How hasn’t IO still fixed this?

5 Likes

Must be super hard to fix.

2 Likes

Just don’t make a single player game need a constantly online component.

So fucking infuriating seeing companies think DRM is a positive thing.

5 Likes

I still have yet to enjoy Dubai because I can’t connect. Such a shame. Red dead 2 is holding me over for now.

2 Likes

Red Dead has been my routine for the last few days. Check the forum, check the Discord, try Hitman again, play some Red Dead Online. Rinse and repeat!

4 Likes

This is seriously sad… How can you make millions upon millions and drop the ball so bad… I understand a few glitches but just straight up unplayable… Sucks for the veteran players like myself who are the ones most affected by this… I dont even have a lockpick forced to play offline… Can’t earn a thing.

6 Likes

Hitman 3 fully downloaded for me yesterday. I thought that the connection issue would be fixed by then but it hasen’t so ive have been playing in offline mode to try to kill some time until IOI fix it. So far my favorite location is Berlin.

Another thing that gets me, is the lack of sympathy and understanding (not from IO there is only so much they can say until they fix the issue) from players who are able to connect. I guess its an out of sight out of mind kind of thing. If the issue doesn’t affect one personally then its safe to say they won’t care much for it (Human Nature).
But it is so incredibly sad what has happened here. I can’t even make a new account to play online even if that was a temporary fix because none of my progress would carry over and anything I earn will be discarded once I am able to connect with my main account. I guess the joke is on me for telling everybody to pre-order this game.
From what I could gather in regards to the quality of the game when it is working, is pretty great aside from some minor bugs or glitches that are not gamebreaking. Its just this profile connection issue that is a big crack in an otherwise perfect sculpture. After the crack is filled the sculpture can be polished with some nice shiny gloss (Fix the bugs)

1 Like

Yes, the profile connection and progress carryover are the main issues that make the game unplayable. But the game itself is beautiful and well made despite connection and progression errors.

I downloaded the game last Thursday. Still can’t connect today. If it still doesn’t work by Wednesday, I’m going to request a refund from Sony.

Yeah, same thing here. Was looking forward for mastering my locations, but it stills sends me offline. I won’t uninstall and reinstall game again, as I noticed it won’t really help, I’ll just wait until IO gets their stuff together.

YMMV but Possible fix for PC users who cant get online worked for me (for now)

I’m pretty sure that’s what it is… But I preordered the game and can’t even play it. Like wtf?? Also I made a new psn profile and tried it and the game worked fine, so I’m sure the transfer thing fucked a whole bunch of people’s profiles and they just don’t know what to do

2 Likes

So here’s more ammo for Epic Game haters.
Turns out you can’t play HITMAN 3 without an internet connection.
The “offline” mode only works online. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I can connect with another profile, I don’t understand, I delete the files , but for sure I will not install again, this is something @Travis_IOI or anyone there who is looking for a solution because I think this is happening only to people with carryover process , I’m tired just in a few days can not play with my profile long time.
I love this game and what they want to do but they not say nothing about requiem pack and another lost items in carryover for many players and our problem just read here yesterday I was hoping it works but :man_facepalming:

What is this workaround I see here from time to time? Is it making a new XBox/PS4 profile and then launch HITMAN 3 there? Or is it a new IOI account with nothing on it?

Does anyone know if deleting and reinstalling the game fixes the connection problem? I’m on Epic.