Unpopular opinions about Hitman

More like the Constant who might deal more directly with the previous targets but we pretty soon get the idea they are part of the larger plot and might end up being a target. Or an agent Smith who is actually a good guy. Who knows?

I would have given your post a heart but I ran out of them (god damn it). But yeah, I think it’d safer if it was handled as a Constant-like character. It would also be interesting to have an Agent Smith-like character too, but I’m not sure if it could be executed as well as the more traditional “part of the larger plot” character. It’d be taking more of a risk and it would be pretty different from the Hitman stories that we’ve had for years at this point, but it would be a nice change of pace.

1 Like

well, in my head i had the first season leading up to 47 basically getting arrested, put on trial and carted off to a maximum security jail…

…because that’s where season two’s first target is. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

undermines his ghostiness a bit but that’d be a helluva stinger.

Contracts >>>>>>>>> Codename47
Absolution >>>>>>>>> Contracts

Are you mistaken me for @MrOchoa?

10 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Compare Hitman Installments | Keep it civilized

(Comes back from a break, sees the word “glorification”, is promptly seized by tumblr flashbacks)

Nah :door:

Unpopular opinion? Well, you’re not in the “100% Club” if you haven’t finished every Hitman-Game and every Featured Contract SA and Suit Only (where possible). No matter what the stats say.

Who says that?

Don’t know if anyone else says that. But in my book that’s the requirements for the 100% Club.

BTW: I’m not in this club. Probably never will be.

That really makes it less of an unpopular opinion and more of a disregarded opinion.

My unpopular opinion: Not everyone who loves Untitled Goose Game will love Hitman, but everyone who loves Hitman will love Untitled Goose Game (unless they have a justifiable fear of geese)

14 Likes

this isn’t the stating facts thread

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: There should be a lot more escalations and featured contracts that CANNOT be completed with a Silent Assassin rating…

16 Likes

I was gonna post over in the Easy Allies thread but as I wrote more I thought it’d fit this thread more

Media Blackout is an accidental masterpiece

The idea of ‘contract you get a better score on if you don’t follow all the rules’ would be genuinely impressive if someone like KevinRudd or Urben came up with with it. But because Media Blackout is clearly just someone just going a bit trigger happy with complications they maybe didn’t understand, then we all hate it.

However it can technically be done SA. So SA purists can still complete it as they’d like (with a lot of waiting), but it demonstrates that completing something SA isn’t the most important thing. It uses the score system in a more nuanced way than it’s usually used, where the rule is simply ‘SA is king’.

So I semi agree with schaten’s point above. I want everything to still be completable by SA (some people feel the need to always SA) but I wish SA wasn’t always the defacto best way to do everything

8 Likes

I tell you what.
Completing the game ifself with SA rating is not the most important thing.
But if to ignore SA completely, you can complete the whole game with all contracts and stuff in a few hours. Then place it on a dusty shelf and forget of it.
The question is, was the game designed to complete it straight away with no rules and strategies.
I think developers and majority of players think drastically otherwise.
That’s why the game is so loved. Because completing it SA is not that simple and requires some thinking.
And when some contract stands out of these principles, this contract won’t become favorite, even if it will be played at all

2 Likes

I have a counterpoint to that. The game was designed to be “played”. It wasn’t designed to be played “only SA” nor was it designed to be played as quickly as possible and abandoned.

Every map has challenges and feats within it that force the player to do a wide variety of things to complete. From the challenges that are just the Hitman basics (accident kill, discover , etc.) to those that really take the player outside their normal play style. I hate using fiber wire to kill but I do it for every map because of that stupid piano man challenge. I’ve SA’d every map and SO’d every map and all of that to get the challenges for them. Some players seem to insist that if you don’t SA a map and do it suit only, you may as well quit the game and return it because you aren’t playing it right. It’s not an all or nothing to either extreme.

Some of those challenges are pretty difficult to do with an SA rating and that is OK to me. Not every single run of every single map and contract MUST be SA and I enjoy it when things do sort of go to hell from time to time. It doesn’t mean that the player failed the mission. I’m sure there are players who do think that though.

When I see players who gleefully post runs and highlight all of the things they did to make things harder on themselves (I turned off the HUD, disabled Saves, wore a blindfold, and dictated my play to my cat) I just keep scrolling. I have no interest in watching that kind of play. Yes, it’s technically impressive that you can play the game that way and enjoy it and we’re all proud of you, but it sounds like bragging. It sounds like someone saying “This is the only way to really play this game and if you aren’t, that’s just you messing around.” Frankly, I hope you had to keep restarting the level 100 times because some random NPC looked left when you thought they were going to look right and upset your run.

So yea, I say bring on featured contracts, more maps, and more challenges that cannot be played with an SA rating. I’ll love them. I’ll also enjoy watching the community fume over it because they can’t give up their perfect play styles.

3 Likes

-No relation to me, just a web capture from ak98’s reply-
Web capture_16-3-2021_123759_archive.hitmanforum.com

6 Likes

Delicious bait.

1 Like

Yeah I remember that, I think that was a joke at Ochoa’s expense. That being said there is a small ounce of truth in that post.

1 Like

Probably not an unpopular opinion more just an opinion but:

Sniper assassin (the mobile game) was generic and pretty boring. If they’re making sequels to Square Enix Hitman spin-off games, give us Hitman GO 2 instead

It captures the puzzle element much better and can tell a mini-story in a more meaningful/interesting way (Lara Croft GO did this much better than Hitman GO tbf, but they could learn from that)

11 Likes