Unpopular opinions about Hitman

It’s Grey’s coat and it fits him better than 47

(Is that another unpopular opinion?)

5 Likes

Idk, but I think it fits 47 quite well… if I were to play as him again and not an NPC xD

1 Like

I don’t mind disguise starting points but I wish some of them were not that overpowered. (Pretty much every guard starting point).

And also I would have loved some implied backstory behind these starts. If you are stuff member, kitchen assistant or something along these lines, this means 47 somehow got this job at the place; if you are part of some company, crew, or gang, 47 somehow gained their trust and so on. Yes I acknowledge some problems involving these explanations, but this is a lot better than “Actually, 47 somehow infiltrated the place from the same default suit starting point, somehow got the waiter disguise, started polishing this table because why not and decided it’s time to move on at some random point when the player takes control of him”.

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s not just a prosthetic hand, it’s a freaking robot claw.

It’s a subtle tweak but if they’d just tied it into BM somehow, like this is what it cost him to evade the Franchise and he blames Diana for it which leads him to go to far in his quest for revenge when she burns the ICA. Instead we get Dr. Claw meets Newly Divorced Middle Manager for no reason.

3 Likes

This would explain so much about Travis…

The reason he has a prosthetic hand was one of the remnants of the 500 ideas IO had for the story of this PoS game. It was said to be because Travis lost it due to 47 hence why he has this absurd hate boner for him.

2 Likes
5 Likes

So, he’s basically just Captain Hook? Wow, really creative there xD

And if you read my hole message and not just picked this part. You would know I already said this myself, I opened my post with this.

So I don’t really see why you are doubling down on something I already acknowledge, unless you are ignoring what I wrote to start an argument?

I’m still mad they cut this scene, but If I’m remembering right 47 was supposed to shoot Travis and ICA Agents outside Diana’s mansion when he asked him to hand her over.

I really wish they left this scene in, it would have been really amazing seeing the first time we see 47 go rogue.

8 Likes

Yes I’m quite aware that it’s stupid, which is why I wrote it to begin with :wink:

1 Like

I don’t really mind the disguise starting locations. They’re very useful for certain challenges and contracts, and they’re a nice potential extra bit for roleplaying if you wanna act like you’ve been preparing the infiltration long beforehand. Plus it allows for pulling off certain playthroughs which wouldn’t really be possible with a default starting location.

That being said, I prefer the default ones and go with them unless for any of the aforementioned reasons.

I don’t like the perma-restricted/forced loadouts for some of the H3 default starting locations though. They should be unlockable at full mastery at least, like Hokkaido. (Yes, I absolutely wanna do the outside Dubai section in a Flamingo suit)

4 Likes

There isn’t really anything to mind, they serve a purpose and for me that purpose only exists until I have unlocked mastery challenges. From there on, I rather start at the default location and work my way inside the level.

1 Like

Davis > Kurt

Wonder how unpopular this is.

He loses it and regains it during the early parts of the game, in the scene where 47 is first going rogue, it’s made of meat.

As @JJoa74 covered it was going to be a scene explaining it, but they cut it and evidentally this bit slipped through the cracks.

7 Likes

Bangkok is an A tier map. My honest opinion, was the first map I got mastery level 20, followed by Hokkaido

4 Likes

it gets way more flak than it deserves.

2 Likes

The only good things about Bangkok are the Jordan Cross kills. Everything else is 2016 nostalgia blurring my/other’s vision.

Probably unpopular too. :point_up_2:

12 Likes

we knew the top-level stuff going in, but i really enjoyed uncovering the backstabbing and intrigue between the four major players: jordan, ken, dex and thomas.

Bangkok is at its best when it’s used for contracts and escalations. And even then it’s still one of the worst map designs. Only maps worse (that have contracts) are ICA Facility and Hawke’s Bay.

5 Likes

Also for an unpopular opinion I actually prefer the H3 system of just saving your last loadout instead of H2 where it saves one you manually enter.

I find myself experimenting more with different items and starting outfits now. I would rely heavily on my “preferred” load out I manually saved. I’m sure it’s a me thing but I just like this.

7 Likes