Unpopular opinions about Hitman

If it was a Tarantino movie, they’d all be walking in barefoot

18 Likes

If it was a Tarantino movie Benjamin Travis would be saying a few racial slurs. He looks like the type of guy to do so.

9 Likes

And he would be voiced by Tarantino himself.

2 Likes

If Absolution was a Tarantino movie we would have to play all the levels in some mixed up non chronological order… :thinking: Codename 47 is a Tarantino movie!

But Codename 47 is in chronological order? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

If Absolution was a typical Tarantino movie, there would be a lot of great dialogue surrounding mundane topics and over the top violence.

13 Likes

If it were a Tarantino movie it wouldn’t have such confused and awful writing and it wouldn’t have so much bloom.

3 Likes

if hitman was a tarantino movie, it’d probably be absolution with loads more dialogue, neither of which anyone wanted.

1 Like

I never cared for the story in any Hitman game. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but “kill person x” is enough for me. I don’t need any backstory.

2 Likes

That isn’t a very unpopular opinion to be honest.

i can almost agree with that, 1 and 2 had a good story.
but 3 didn’t have one, so it wasn’t good or bad.
I really liked the cutscenes though.

Most unpopular yet.

World of Assassination is just lik Absolution in the sense that, it’s a good game, but a bad (and probably worse than Absolution in that regard) Hitman game.

1 Like

that was unnecessary

Well it’s a nice way of saying he disagrees. Just curious, why do you think WOA doesn’t feel like a Hitman game more than Absolution?

7 Likes

EVERYthing is off, whereas Absolution only had SOME things off.
one of my main problems (easily 50%) is that the music isn’t Jesper Kyd, and the style is too cartoony, not realistic, and especially not dark enough.

1 Like

nah.

world of assassination is peak hitman to me. it takes bm’s incredible level design as a jumping off point and adds absolution’s myriad of qol improvements (controls, crowds, challenges, etc.) to make it more playable/modern.

i think absolution is a ‘bad’ hitman game because it sidelines strong, replayable level design - the very thing that makes this series so special - and focuses on admittedly impressive graphics and a sub-tarantino story that i don’t think anyone wanted. these undermined the series’ trademark level design to an absurd degree, though tired console hardware was also a big contributor.

there are some good levels, but the majority are absolute wastes of time, often having the player move from point a to point b, as if people were clamouring for hidden valley or at the gates. even some of the levels that actually bothered to involve hits were just small ‘rooms’ or masked corridors. very frustrating coming off of contracts’ and bm’s superb layouts.

i think absolution can only really be considered ‘good’ because it was a vital stepping stone to woa in terms of modernising certain aspects and gamifying certain community elements (stuff like suit only runs).

woa’s incredible level design puts it in a completely different and far superior league.

15 Likes

Absolution has much better level design than WoA, actually WoA might have the worst level design in the series, and for some reason the maps people like the most are the worst designed ones (see Paris and Sapienza).

Absolution did not have improvements in those fields, BM’s controls are the most natural to this day (bit less on PC but super fluid on controller), the crowds are a feature more than an improvement, and challenges just make the game SEEM longer.

Absolution is both a better game than WoA, and a better hitman game too

I would love to hear your reasoning behind this

16 Likes

Well, you’re in the right thread, because precisely 0.01% of the world’s Hitman-playing population agree with you on all of the above. :smile:

18 Likes

Just what exactly does a level get considered “better”? I feel like this moral ambiguity is extremely flawed in level design, game mechanics etc. For me every map is better in its own regard because that’s what they try to present to me firsthand. It’s much easier to say any level isn’t “better” no matter how old the games were, so I feel like adapting to newer works is what keeps me motivated to play them, and older games tend to get less punishment.

4 Likes