Unpopular opinions about Hitman

You want to move 47 on that spot?
Sorry but your daily “free move” option has expired. If you want to continue please watch 3 ad videos that are over 1 minute long or consume 5 gems to reactivate your daily “free move” option. Low on gems? Buy now and get a discount!

6 Likes

This isn’t an opinion about Hitman per say, however 90% of the hitman mech on the IO store is rather poor and unexciting. As a collector of Hitman memorabilia I have little to no desire to buy 90% of the items available.

17 Likes

If you ignore the lore, you’re not 100%-ing the game.

2 Likes

The C47 Jungle missions should have been remastered and combined into one level like the Rotterdam ones and they probably would have been better than the dull Hong Kong missions in Contracts (excluding Seafood Massacre, which is great).

They also could have severely toned down the aspects from the first two missions or flat out removed them and instead just focused on Ochoa’s camp, which could have been designed in a much more condensed manner, making the mansion actually feel like a drug lord’s mansion instead of a wooden hut.

I mean just imagine a jungle night environment with rain. Amazing if done correctly. And it also could have been the only level in Contracts where 47 does not start in his suit (which feels really jarring on Bjarkhov Bomb).

7 Likes

Dunno man. I haven’t played Absolution Sniper Challenge or Hitman 2 Sniper Assassin (and I doubt I will :joy:), and I think they handle this better, but to me, the mobile Sniper game captured a quite similar feel to the actual games and has a lot of in common with them - all the same with the distractions, accidents, body hidings, some manipulations of targets routes, basic “mission stories”, planning regarding all of the above, etc. It’s just way more limited than the actual game obviously.

Meanwhile, Hitman GO felt like a decent but generic mobile puzzle game, a time killer if you will that had nothing in common with Hitman… So… I guess this is an unpopular opinion :smile:

1 Like

Assault Rifle Class is really fun to use and neglected.

2 Likes

Agreed. There’s just so little incentive to use it – especially as a full-auto assault rifle – when you’re trying to be a sneaky assassin.

2 Likes

True, ones that interest me are new Sundhafter tee and maybe Hölle one, otherwise I don’t see really point. Maybe if that biker gang logo was on back and not front of that hoodie, I would like that one too. Also, give us proper Providence pin IO, pls.

They were intending to do it iirc, but not sure why they dropped it in the end. It´s a shame though. It was the one part of C47 that really did need a remake.

6 Likes

Agreed, they could have been made so much better, imagine having two new routes to get to the prisoner in the rainy, confusing night-time jungle. That would have been so amazing.

I also think they may have intended to do that, the game’s scenes folder contains map ZIPs which have stuff like animations, textures, information blah blah blah. The zips go from 0 (Training Facility) to 9 (Paris). The main number is for a country and the second number is for the mission (Rendezvous would be 6-1, Deadly Cargo 6-2, and then Traditions 7-1 for example).

Interesting thing is, there is a sudden jump from 3-1 to 6-1 (Bjarkhov to Rendezvous). What was number four and five supposed to be? Or was this just a mistake :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ve said it before on the old forum but I’ll say it again: I still miss that little tune that would play when you’d stumble upon an opportunity in H1. H2, there was just a clock ticking which was a downgrade imo, it’s just a sound effect. Now in H3 there’s still that ticking sound but it has a little more reverb? It’s still not as good as H1 though. No one probably cares about it but that clock ticking is so annoying to me 🥲

16 Likes

I think this is an unpopular opinion. I used to think that Vanya Shah looked ugly but now her look has grown on me. I actually like the tattoos and think she has an edgy look

2 Likes

Unpopular Opinion: Hitman 3 is the most underwhelming game in the trilogy. Hitman 2 was the best, followed by 2016.

12 Likes

I agree but I never said that H3 Is a bad game. Its just underwhelming and too easy, as you mentioned

Might just be me though, because I like huge maps like Mumbai or Sapienza and the H3 maps are too small making them good but underwhelming when compared to what came before.

3 Likes

He might have said that yes, but does that mean it’s automatically the reason why he thinks Hitman 3 is the most underwhelming game in the trilogy? Of course not. I’d personally rather listening to him first.

Bad =/= Underwhelming. He even expressed it in the following post:

2 Likes

You don’t get it, man. My key reasons for saying that H3 is underwhelming is:

1. The lack of innovation, though you could argue that H1 and 2 are the same thing, there was a substantial upgrade in the UI, graphics and sound design. But H3 is just H2 with minimal changes, even recycling the pause menu, and other music. H2 got us Picture in Picture, SA indicator etc.

2. The lack of new items. Everything that is new is a Reskin of what we’ve already had before. H2 brought things like the sieker, tranq, etc., where is the new stuff in H3.

3. The maps lacking depth and missions being too handholdy

4. Even if H2 had hawkes bay, a small map it was still a sandbox which was justified by the huge maps that came after like Miami, the train is something that just can’t be replayed more than 3 times without getting bored.

5. Master mode in H3 maps not having ANY extra cameras or enforcers, despite the difficulty description saying so.

Overall, I just want to get this out there. H3 IS NOT A BAD GAME. I am satisfied with my purchase. It’s just that everything that came before it is superior imo. Hence, it’s the most underwhelming for me.

Also, Underwhelming =/= Bad

8 Likes

Despite some inconveniences, always online requirement is good for the game imo.

1 Like

No matter how much others may complain about the “lack of innovation”,Hitman 3 actually introduced a lot of things.I think the reason why they say that is because they probably only think about general improvements(which,to be honest,aren’t a lot and aren’t that significant),but they forget how many cool map specific improvements IOI actually added.

General innovations:

•The camera:brings you a cool photo mode and is useful in many mission stories across all the loctaions
•An improved rating system
•More dynamic weather(rain in Chongqing and snow in Romania)
•Shortcuts
•Different handlers(Grey in Dubai,Jiao in Berlin,Olivia in Chongqing and no actual handler in Mendoza because Diana is on-site)
•“Unguided mission stories”(like the lawyer oportunity in Dartmoor and Mendoza,making Ingram play golf,making Stuyvesant meet his daughter,the proxy kill for Yates etc.)

Location specific innovations:

Dartmoor
-Alexa has two different routes:one on the last two floors and one on the first floor(when the family meeting starts).Sure,someone can say that this is not really something new because the same thing applies to Sierra Knox too.Well,that’s true,but unlike in Miami,you can start the level when the family meeting begins without needing to trigger anything(while in Miami you had to find a way to stop the race to make Sierra leave her car).
-The whole detective mission story is very innovative too in my opinion.
Berlin
The only mission in the triology with targets who:
-are armed
-are disguised
-have guard behavior
-don’t have any guards to protect them(except Montgomery)
-can be chosen by the player from a list
Chongqing
The ICA facility :
-is completely underground(and we didn’t have too many underground fortresses not only in the triology,but in the whole franchise)
-has security tiers and dongles
-has a vent system
Mendoza
-Diana is on-site and can actually help you accomplish your mission.

That’s true.Except the micro taser and the kalmer reskin there really isn’t anything useful in Hitman 3(in terms of new unlocks).But,would you rather get no new items or get new items as OP as the electrocution phone?I would personally choose the former because I don’t feel like there is any new unlock we are missing at the moment.

I don’t know…The maps are smaller,but the details are more concentrated,so I wouldn’t say the maps lack in depth.I will take the best example:Dartmoor.The manor is prety small and there really aren’t that many NPCs inside the manor(especially because of the detective mission story).But,the small size of the manor in combination with the small number of NPCs doesn’t make the map have less depth;it only makes everything more concentrated.If you don’t agree with me then just look at how many pipes and windows there are on this map and you’ll understand what I mean.

6 Likes

If you’ve never played Hitman 2: Silent Assassin with cheats like no gravity, megaforce and nailgun mode, then you’ve never played Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

Obviously a bit sarcastic but yeah.

1 Like

If Hitman Absolution was a Tarantino Movie, everyone would love the Saints, but its just a Videogame so its a no no.

13 Likes