Unpopular opinions about Hitman

You’ll too, one day.

hc47

7 Likes

I see you have been reading Ochoa’s playbook.

2 Likes

Don’t think this belongs to any other thread better than this one. We share weird ideas here, right?

So, not related to the 7 Deadly Sins DLCs, but I thought the whole Deadly Sins theme could really work as a plot theme in a Hitman installment, similar to C47 with its existential theme (it’s not really in the actual game aside from Ort-Meyer’s monologue maybe, but it can be found in the promotional materials and cut lines of 47’s monologue)

Something like this. 47 just got out of his father’s basement into the reality. He doesn’t know his place in the world yet. He becomes a contract killer, to both escape from the reality and explore it.

He is greedy, because money seems to be the only essential resource in this world, a resource that can be used to satisfy all the instinctive, reflexive, almost animal-like gluttonous desires and lust. He takes pride in being the best among those like him, but it’s far more than that - he spends hours among hundreds of people, who aren’t privileged to understand what is really going on, to know that he can kill them all if he wanted, to know that he is different from them. And yet he envies these people because they are normal, this is their world, they feel real emotions and not some animal-like lust. But his sloth won’t allow him to understand these people, to understand this world, to see the characters of people he sends to the afterlife. And this breeds wrath, which can only be satisfied by killing people…

hc47

Hope this didn’t come off as too edgy or boring. If you don’t think this fits 47’s character… consider this an alternate take on it.

6 Likes

Despite being very underutilized, I actually like Victoria from Absolution

8 Likes

fair enough, but she doesn’t really have much of any character, as far as i recall. she’s just a mcguffin.

absolution is really weird, story-wise and thematically, and not in a good way.

4 Likes

She is not a MacGuffin, she is just a flat character. A true MacGuffin has no intrinsic value to the plot. Victoria does things in the plot and you can’t replace her with something like a potted fern or a house cat and have the same sort of plot.

Other than that you are absolutely right.

4 Likes

correct me if i’m wrong, but the only thing i remember her doing is a) fainting b) being unconscious and c) taking down a few guards and dex.

a house cat or indeed a poorly positioned fern could do all of that.

8 Likes

That is still more than what Wade does and he is an arc villain. He shows up then dies, Lenny does more in his scenes.

Not true, a fern can’t faint or fall unconscious and cats are lazy assholes so they wouldn’t take down the guards. Also if Diana asked 47 to protect a potted plant from a cowboy and Powers Boothe you would have an intentional comedy and a better game.

8 Likes

I now need Fanart of 47 carrying a Cat towards the Elevator of the Rosewood Animal Shelter :cry:

8 Likes

sure, but that’s not really relevant.

the potted plant doesn’t need to literally faint to fulfil the role of fainting or falling unconscious; it just needs to wilt a bit.

don’t be disrespecting cats, either.

i think if you took victoria out and transferred her very few action moments to 47, the moment-to-moment plot doesn’t get affected at all. :man_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Of course it is by your logic I could just merge Lenny and Wade into the same person. (You can do this to a lot of Abs characters which I must say is stellar writing./s)

Well aside from it going from poorly written “hardened guy warding a child” story to poorly written bog-standard revenge plot.

But I don’t really want to argue about Absolution’s plot. It just isn’t worth the effort to do so.

3 Likes

logic is for cowards.

again, other characters relevance to the plot isn’t all that relevant to whether victoria is a macguffin in a skirt.

sorry, i wasn’t very clear: we’d still have to have a replacement macguffin to keep things relatively the same. the cat, the plant or a particularly delicious looking banana would suffice.

:+1:t4:

3 Likes

If you load up a level in contract mode, shortcuts will be closed again. Maybe they’ll remain closed if you don’t open them in the published contract? I’m not sure about that, maybe it’s something to test…

All shortcuts that a player has unlocked is open when playing a contract. The only reason why you can’t use them in creation (I assume) is to stop people from creating contracrs that force you to have a shortcut unlocked.

3 Likes

I guess it is just a technical reason. You can’t unlock challenges at creation. But the shortcuts are tied to challenges. As they are missing there, the game does not know at this point if you unlocked shortcuts or didn’t.

3 Likes

The 2nd level of The Proloff Paradox deluxe escalation is way better that the whole Wrath escalation. At last for me.

2 Likes

I actually like how far npcs can see in the Maldives level. It feels realistic to me that they don’t have the vision of gnats :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They’re all wealthy, entitled, narcissistic prima donnas; they shouldn’t be able see more than five feet in front of their faces without a mirror!

3 Likes

I think saving should disqualify silent assassin rating.

3 Likes

Ooo, I like this. If I was only considering myself, I would be on board with this. But beyond that I know it would be too unappealing for those who are less familiar with the game.

3 Likes