Unpopular opinions about Hitman

I get what you mean, but 7 deadly sins is such a wrung out trope in media that 47s dreams and insecurities would’ve been a better and more interesting theme to make escalations around IMO (they kinda touched on 47s insecurities with envy but that’s about it).

3 Likes

I keep hearing people talking about how great Absolution’s controls are yet I can’t get my poor laptop to run it more than 20 fps at least :pensive:.

4 Likes

It can’t handle the power of the BLOOM engine :cry:

10 Likes

I can pass on SA and teh Colombia missions from C:47 but that’s going overboard. Specially 'cause you include ContractsGOD in this!

2 Likes

Yeah? Well, I hate how in later games 47 has the maneuverability of a tank and takes a whole second or two to simply turn around or get himself unstuck at some wall or object I bumped into. I mean, it might look more realistic and pleasant to an eye, sure… But for me, it just feels clunky.
Behold, that is my unpopular opinion.

5 Likes

You are of course free to have that opinion, as wrong as it might be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I personally prefer the way he feels in essentially all the other games, like he has some actual bodyweight.

But i can see what you mean, i absolutely hate how in Red Dead Redemption 2 the Character feels too heavy, he needs like 2 seconds to start or stop moving…

3 Likes
3 Likes

Norse men don’t get terrified but furious, cuz they’re badass.

2 Likes

The Eccleston Illumination is the best Escalation in the WoA Trilogy.

2 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Musinterpreting IOI

I prefer Contracts over Blood Money. Not entirely sure if that’s an unpopular opinion as I don’t know the community’s consensus on the subject, but that’s how it is. Contracts was a grim symphony of death, Blood Money was pop music.

2 Likes

there is definitely a fair number of folk here that don’t dig blood money. i had some thoughts on that a while back, at least about the difference in atmosphere between them..

long ass rant

love your avatar btw. easily one of my favourite games.

reply to post #1261
5 Likes

Ok you may have won this, but hopefully I can at least cause a stalemate.

I will say, however, that Contracts focused on and captured the memories of a dying murderer with undertones of horror, misery and despair. I honestly felt more tension playing Contracts precisely because of these macabre depictions. The daringly simple plot is in itself akin to 47’s methods of assassination: to the point, perfect and in a way, artistic. Contracts is as cold and detached as the man experiencing these flashbacks.

Blood Money reflects on his career as well, but it felt as if it was handled not by David Fincher, but by Tarantino. It’s bombastic, in your face and while I get the Blue Velvet reference, I felt as though I’d find a GTA easter egg rather than a severed ear. It would have been more suited if Sinistra was a serial killer rather than an informant. Bird mascots, evil clones, and the fact that 47 is known to a degree wherein he’s an urban legend in the eyes of the general public, nearly killed it for me. Don’t get me wrong, to each their own. I suppose you could say Blood Money had more charisma, but Contracts had guts.

Hotline Miami is my spirit animal :chicken:

4 Likes

Absolution doesn’t exist. It never happened, ok? :stuck_out_tongue:

I hear ya amigo. However, I’ll give you Cronenberg for Blood Money, but you’re not having Lynch. I always get confused between the three Davids. Or the 3Ds as I call them. Finch, Lyncher and Davidberg.

Gotta get a grip!!! :scream:

3 Likes

absolutely.

:wink:

2 Likes

Made you waste your time by clicking on this.

6 Likes

6 Likes

As entertaining as this can be to read, I will remind people that this thread isn’t here for you to kidnap it or apply your logical fallacies to up end others arguments. If you wish to “discuss” this further then you can do it in a pm.

9 Likes

Too right, I think it is time to course correct.

I think Apex Predator is a weak mission when it comes to targets. There are too many of them walking routes that vary wildly in length, many of their kills aren’t cinematic or make the best use of the setting and outside of Montgomery they are all interchangeable.

It has all of the vices of a Hitman target system and its sole virtue is semi-consistent use of small kill opportunities. Overall it feels like one big giant Featured Contract.

7 Likes

Hitman 3 in general lacks awesome cinematic kills. Apex Predator only emphasizes that fact. at least we got to see 47 flip a table, that was cool

11 Likes