Unpopular opinions about Hitman

I’m enjoying playing Absolution more RN since I play it Suit Only a la Metal Gear.

Dare to say I’m enjoying this way more than playing H3/WOA for the last 3 months as a whole.

6 Likes

It is exciting, isn’t it? As far as Suit Only stealth, I do think WoA still does a better job because of the various different options you have to take that approach with the sandbox model, while Absolution’s more linear style limits your paths and options for maintaining Suit Only stealth. At the same time, however, that is precisely what makes it more exhilarating, since you’re racing against time with fewer avenues available to you, making the crunch to succeed at Suit Only stealth that much more satisfying when done successfully, especially when you throw a target kill into the mix, for the few missions in Absolution that are stealth-focused, Suit Only-friendly, and include a target to eliminate.

1 Like

Yeah. Also have been feeling this while replaying H2:SA and Contracts.

As much as I love Hitman’s social stealth, it’s dope from time to time work around the limitations of not having a disguise with the right mix of surprise attacks or avoiding contact with the enemy as a whole.

Making 47 arrive to the goal in Hidden Valley with his winter camouflage is quite the rewarding feeling.

2 Likes

I’ve never liked how H2 was changed to have invitations be shown to guards horizontally, rather than the original vertical way in H1. The original way makes more sense; 47 is holding the invite up at a readable height in relation to the heights of the guards, with the information on it facing them, allowing them to do a quick read and wave him on. The way it’s been since it was changed, he’s basically pointing the invites at the guards edge-first and to properly read it they would have to lean forward a little and look down, but they never do and it breaks the immersion. It’s a minor break, but still… I’ve never understood this change, and like the change to how 47 holds his weapon when he’s hiding against a wall, it’s a change I’ve never gotten used to and still don’t like to this day.

5 Likes

So what do you think the purpose of his patronage of that business was? I personally thought it was a little bit ambiguous and left to the players to figure out. This could just be the writers being a bit sleazy and making the scene a vicarious ‘self-insert’ based on past events and building it up from there. So it’s easy to see why other people have reasoned it was to ‘try something new’ for 47. I mean, so what if he did? Would that be like ‘Kink Shaming’ 47? :joy:

I’m not suggesting it was with Mei Ling specifically, but surely something happened with someone else. And the way stories go - it would seem logical that it was you-know-who.

As for 47’s reaction to the kiss… That’s one to think about. It could be that he had a bad opinion of people in that profession (look at his association with some religious aspects), or more likely it put him off since he hadn’t experienced or been exposed to many things in his guided and very strict/disciplined road to adulthood. That at least makes the incident funny on some level. Maybe thoughts of the event kept popping up in his mind, so much to the point it started to change his perception of the incident. Because even the most stoic and focused killer is still human at the end of the day.

But feel free to have your own ideas of what Mei or may not have happened. There’s no hard proof either way.

Edit: I do tend to agree that he would be asexual… maybe closeted hetero? :rofl:

1 Like

I think he was either there to buy something from the place - weapons, perhaps - or kill the owner or someone who worked there, probably under contract from a private client, as he was likely unaware at the time that the Agency was back in operation.

@Norseman thinks 47 needs to ditch the blind tailor. Maybe he just passed away though? 47 is now buying off the rack and doing his own alterations???

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion: 47, our genuine tough guy perfect paid killer isn’t Asexual. He is just terrified of women. He tried once to talk to one in a bar / hit on her. It didn’t go well and now he can’t muster the courage to try again*.

*if it’s for a mission he can act the part, but when the interest is real for him he just folds and dumps his pants before running away.

I really wish you could poison food or drink while the target NPC is standing right in front of it, about to consume. You either have to wait for them to move on and do their entire loop over again, or you can find a way to cheese distractions to make them walk away, then back to the freshly poisoned product.

This might be a popular opinion.

5 Likes

Technically you can do that with Novikov.

3 Likes

AFAIK you can just bump them, go through them and poison their stuff while they’re turning around and whining? At least I remember doing that with a few targets.

If you bump into them you risk them dropping the glass and breaking it. :grimacing:

1 Like

You should be able to use a syringe to poison food or drinks.

5 Likes

This is a topic for unpopular opinions, not feature requests that literally everybody thinks would be a good idea… :grin:

4 Likes

PC mod: Versatile Syringes.

Sorry consoliers. :cry:

3 Likes