Unpopular Opinions

Well they were quite theatrical but I never thought they were pretentious or anything like that.

Her husband dies and the UK and us colonies never heard the end of it. Her son is a nonce and it floats around the bottom of the papers for three days. Fucking News Corp propaganda churn

1 Like

three words: bohemian rhapsody

i know :smile:

the term ‘rock opera’ should never have existed!

Radiohead are boring and The Beatles shouldn’t exist

3 Likes

1 Like

“People are offended by everything these days” is a bullshit phrase that people spout to avoid having to be accountable for the things they do and say.

5 Likes

Good you know how bad you should feel saying that. Once upon a time that wasn’t an unpopular opinion, that song only ever had a reappraisal in the wake of Wayne’s World.

Some of the best rock albums of all time are rock operas, fuck that is half of The Who’s top shelf catalogue. The term predates prog by a decade!

1 Like

Maybe, but incidentally, it’s also what I genuinely believe

1 Like

A lot of Quinn’s beliefs come off as bait but let me assure you is that he believes them 100 percent regardless. Part of me admires it and the other half is reminded of my brother who is the exact same way.

2 Likes

Here’s a Spicy One:

Bill Hicks was funnier and better than George Carlin in every conceivable way despite having a lot less material.

1 Like

it led to prog and - imho - no ‘great’ album is a rock opera.

also: the who fucking suck.

oh, i know. i’m messing. i love the quinn.

Quentin Tarrantino has made 3 good films - Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction. Everything else has been bad.

Especially Kill Bill. Load of absolute trash

1 Like
1 Like

Completely agree with Radiohead. They are rubbish. And don’t get me started on U2, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran or Mumford and Sons.

2 Likes

The Holy Shittery of Bland

3 Likes

Nescafe Gold Blend instant coffee > all filter coffee

2 Likes

These are all mainstream tbh. They existed within their own time period and I wouldn’t consider this unpopular - rather they entered with wild popularity and it’s easy to say “oh this band sucks” because they’re well known.

On that note - Haircuts For Men is insanely good at sampling music but people need to understand that this is all he does and he doesn’t deserve this praise that he produces original music.

1 Like

That same statement goes with all the classic rock/pop bands like Queen, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, …
But because they are so popular, not liking them might be an unpopular opinion.
I also like some rather popular acts: Just bought the new Tom Jones Album (it’s great, listening to it now), love Dolly Parton, although I mostly listen to electronic music and rap. I collect soundtracks (on vinyl), got a rather large collection of exotica albums (Martin Denny, Si Zeltner, Moog-stuff, Les Baxter, …). So I would consider my taste of music as quite broad.

1 Like

I’d never heard of them so I looked them up. The artist bio on their own bandcamp page says " I take no credit, everything is plundered". So I guess they agree.

1 Like

I guess mainstream is the wrong word. But from those bands listed, they look that way at least. On the same token though bands like Queen and U2 are popular but most people don’t seem to venture to unknown works, which is probably why I didn’t realise that in plain sight. I’m probably invested way too much into music so it’s probably why I say this.

Yeah that was what I had in mind when people praise their works for it. Plunderphonics is normal for vaporwave music but it’s still interesting that this phenomenon still largely exists.

2 Likes

one of these is not like the others and it’s radiohead.

2 Likes