Unpopular Opinions

Those are single items, though, which are complete in-and-of themselves. Cakes, on the other hand, have no business being mixed with fruit. And yes, I’m talking bananas, strawberries, cherries, lemons, pineapples, anything. No business. And then you have carrot cake. Not even a fruit, a fucking vegetable. Never mind that that is gross on the face of it, it’s the fruit offense to the second power.

In the words of the Vulcan’s, Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. To each their own, my friend…

1 Like

And infinite space in the trash bin for the rejects.

No, sorry, not liking carrot cake is “to each their own” but saying fruit has no business in cakes is like, “recall at the mouth factory”.

5 Likes

Well the thread is titled “Unpopular Opinions”, so I’d say he’s spot on here…

Fixed it for you. :grin:

Americans when someone tells them they should eat better and that fruit is good for you…

2 Likes

Absolutely. Meaning it definitely doesn’t belong mixed with cake.

Carrot cake is wonderful and my favorite cake. As your opinion is truly unpopular, you get an upvote.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that’s unpopular in-and-of itself, but I do think it’s a symptom of a greater issue that most would recognize, and that is that pop-culture gets absolutely flooded with certain kinds of content once one or two versions of something achieve success. Everybody has to put out their own version of something in that genre, with spinoffs and sequels. You get success with Forensic Files, you get a whole channel of investigation shows. You do a documentary or drama mini-series about a particularly well-known serial killer, you gotta do one for all the serial killers. And so forth. And that’s just that genre. So I don’t think it’s necessarily bad that there’s all this true crime content, as it is both entertaining and educational, but more of an issue as to why there’s so much of it now, just as there’s so many superheroes, and Young Adult series, and medical dramas, and so on.

1 Like

If you did like true crime not because of the content but because it felt obscure, you need to find the next obscure thing.

How about… Quiz TV shows? These got super unpopular!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it is an unpopular opinion for a lot of people.

Its definitely going down with each year, but then a new craze TV or documentary comes out and Netflix or whatever and it’s back on top.

Personally I don’t really mind, it’s when people begin to see themselves in these people, or harass those involved with true crime cases. That’s uncalled for and is downright disgusting. I love True crime and I love anything murder related, from TV shows to books, or even plays. I love it, but I draw a line with where I stand.

1 Like

I don’t think this is necessarily an “unpopular” opinion in the usual sense, so much as one that’s not popular because it’s not one people think about often, but here goes:

The hardest thing in life to say is “goodbye.” The second hardest thing in life to say is “hello.”

1 Like

Chicken and waffles is the absolute most nonsensical, insane, downright stupid food combination I’ve ever heard of in my life and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would even attempt to eat such a thing, let alone why it is such a widespread phenomenon.

1 Like

Well I happen to agree with you. I like chicken and I like waffles…but I cannot understand why anyone would combine the two. Also gravy…yuck.

2 Likes

Not so much an unpopular opinion as a weird theory that most people probably won’t endorse.

In The Neverending Story, the Nothing wasn’t what Gmork claimed it was - it was actually Gozer the Gozerian, summoned by Gmork or whoever his master was, to destroy Fantasia, and the Nothing as we see it is simply the form Gozer took for that occasion.

Have you ever had Zucchini bread? I’d wager you wouldn’t/don’t like that either.

Re: :carrot: :birthday_cake: Depending on the recipe, it may contain a certain spice. Maybe you don’t like this spice. It should normally be cinnamon. But nutmeg could also be used… Maybe others. It shouldn’t have a noticeable flavor or carrots… Or it’s just masked by the sugar and spice that’s in it. It also usually has that white frosting that is usually made from cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.

Edit: Or perhaps you just dislike carrots…?

A ghostbusters/NES crossover?

Re: The nothing. That reminds me of what you claim to fear. That after death there is nothing.

Also…

It’s been a while since I watched ^this, but the idea is stuck in my mind.

1 Like

As a person who sort of believes in God, or at least that there could be a God, I never cease to be amazed at how common it is for people to thank God for curing them of an illness or injury, like cancer or a near-fatal car accident. They thank Him for their survival, never seeming to consider that if God is that involved in our day-to-day lives and personal situations, then He’s the one who gave you that condition to begin with. If you still want to thank Him for it, go ahead, but it shouldn’t be in the sense of someone thanking a hero for saving them, but thanking someone who holds your life in their hands for choosing to not go through with it.

To be clear, I don’t believe that God, if He exists, is that involved with our daily lives and situations. I think if He ever did interact with us that directly, He no longer does, not since Jesus ascended to Heaven, if the Bible is to be believed.

It actually annoys me when athletes pray or thank whatever deity they believe in for how they played… as if a god really cares whether the Diamondbacks or the Brewers win a game.

2 Likes

Exactly. See that’s the same kind of using His name in vain that the Commandment was actually calling about, and yet…

1 Like