Upcoming Movies Thread

Wizard battle with Alan Moore.

RIP Marvel UK.

2 Likes

“scottish tribute band” was an amazing bit of shade.

1 Like

I love both of them even if they are both nuts. Oh and a heads up but Morrison uses They/Them pronouns nowadays.

3 Likes

ditto, but good quality shade is good quality shade.

ah, cool. will remember in future. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

It has to be of the few (if not the only) movies or tv shows where the people who like it like it because of the “style” as opposed to the “substance”. And that’s often while they turn around and criticize other films and shows for their plots (or lack thereof).

My friend dragged me out to see it in overpriced 3D (probably how it made a lot of its money btw)… It was real pretty but I couldn’t tell you what happened. All I know is that I could never see another Avatar movie again and it would be too soon (and we’ve got four coming by the end of the decade, yay)…

But with water this time! (And, from what I’ve seen and heard about the third and fourth ones is that they will also just be the first one again (but shinier and with a different element involved).

I just hope we don’t get another mini 3D craze out of this one…

1 Like

I don’t even know what to say, except that this definitely seems like an insulting waste of Glover’s talent. In fact, most black actors that I recognize today would have their talent insultingly wasted on this, by the look of it.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this 2001 homage is in the actual movie, or this was just made for the trailer, but either way that’s incredibly STUNNING for a BARBIE MOVIE and they now have my undivided attention.

6 Likes

Nolan’s movies aren’t perfect, I think Interstellar especially had a bunch of problems. But he’s never boring and I hope this movie truly encapsulates the terror and atrociousness of the atomic bomb.

8 Likes

Official poster for Across the Spider-Verse is out

This is gonna be one crazy animated film.

What’s got me very interested is Spider-Punk’s design on the right, beside Miles’ chin (the guy with the yellow outline). He looks just like his concept art revealed last week, which has a very “animated graffiti” style to it.
Seems like that’ll be literal animated graffiti, and a great tease as to how they’re going to mix and blend animation styles across the multiverse this time around.

6 Likes

There’s a Barbie movie?

4 Likes

Yeah, it was announced like two years ago. It is directed by Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird, Little Women) and she writes it alongside her partner Noah Baumbach (The Life Aquatic, Marriage Story and Madagascar 3). It stars Harley Quinn from the smoulding wrecjage of the DCEU and Literally Me from Drive It will come out on the same day as the biopic about the guy who invented a bomb that killed a quarter of a million people in a day, directed by the man who made The Dark Knight.

9 Likes

For some reason, this actually makes me want to ship Barbie with Oppenheimer.

6 Likes

what’s this bit about…? are you rye on baby goose?

1 Like

i can’t wait to download my new personality when BarbieTM comes out so i can download my new Literally Me personality from Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

5 Likes

My daughter is planning on attending a midnight showing of Barbie, she’s that excited.

6 Likes

It is a reference to film bros especially who identify with characters that films tell you not to, Literally Me is a subsection of those people who identify with the man from Drive due to his quiet, stoic nature but propensity for violence amongst other reasons.

It just took off and now it is associate more with Ryan Gosling as a person than just The Driver.

You mean Barbie™?

4 Likes

i gotcha. like what happened with rorschach.

4 Likes

Yep and most recently with Patrick Bateman as well. Arthur Fleck Joker, Travis Bickle, Tyler Durden and I think you get the idea.

4 Likes

shes just like me fr

2 Likes

Now that is a scary thought! I hope you all like that movie a lot, really. I don’t plan on seeing it but I hope it does well.

5 Likes