Upcoming Video Games

Post trailers for upcoming / unreleased games that you might have on your radar.
Anything else about upcoming games such as articles and rumors can be posted on
the Game News Thread. If admins think these two threads are too similar to one another, please close this one or combine :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You knowā€¦ I heard this new game ā€œHitman IIIā€ is coming soon this January. I donā€™t know I just thought you guys might be interested.

20 Likes

Hard pass for me sorry

11 Likes

A couple of games Iā€™m interested in. Sadly the second one is PS5 only. :frowning:

2 Likes

Iā€™m really looking forward to Stray, and Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga which seems to completely overhaul the simplistic Gameplay of the old Lego Games.
i always liked the Humor of the Lego Games but they were very boring and offer 0 challenge.

10 Likes

Almost as if it was aimed at kids or somethingā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah but you know, there are ways to make Games fun and challenging for all Ages, look at most of the Super Mario Games for example.

6 Likes

LEGO Games have had a drastic gameplay overhaul starting with Jurassic World I think. Skywalker Saga will follow The Force Awakens formula and refine it further.

Iā€™m looking forward to the Legacy Mode which disables Voice Acting and changes it to grunts. Iā€™m also looking forward to Yodas Death Noise since itā€™s been requested to return for this game specifically. I simply hope they bring back a lot of old Lego noises from the older games.

Definitely excited for it.

I mean in Lego Star Wars ll they added achievements where you couldnā€™t die in a level. Itā€™s not the easiest thing exactly especially on Vehicle Levels. LEGO games can be difficult if played a specific way.

3 Likes

i only got to play three hours of this before my laptop died, but they were some of my favourite hours in gaming (which seems ridiculous when i write it down). finally get to see if the writing remains up to snuff throughout, but from the comfort of my sofa.

it seems like it was written for me. i laughed so hard i woke my wife and kids up. twice.

looking forward to this too:

adored sunless sea, so iā€™ve been looking forward to this hitting consoles.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Another year, another day update for Postal 4

See you next year for Thursday :stuck_out_tongue:

@Screaming_Meat got Disco Elysium yesterday and itā€™s becoming to be one of my favorite RPGs. The writing is some of the best I have ever seen in these kind of games. :smiley:
CUNO DOESNā€™T CARE!

4 Likes

isnā€™t it though?!

honestly, those three hours i had were amazing, so i canā€™t wait to actually finish the damn thing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

HARDCORE TO THE MEGA! :flashlight: :toolbox:

1 Like

Kindof curious what people think of the upcoming remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy? Always been meaning to pick up Mass Effect, I think I even own a physical version of the first which I just never played. Feels like the upcoming remaster is probably the best time to jump on board.

Saying that though, canā€™t say Iā€™ll pre-order it, considering Biowareā€™s last game Anthem, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and uh, EA in general. But still, this could be good. Not sure it warrants a full price tag but it seems like they are at least putting some effort into it rather than just a standard upscale.

2 Likes

Itā€™s good for people who couldnā€™t get into ME1 since they are addressing a lot of issues with its Gameplay which I felt was the worse part about an otherwise good game.

The whole trilogy is worth experiencing with ME2 holding a special spot in my heart personally, but I wonā€™t spoil anything since itā€™s simply with the price given the size of the DLC.

List Of Reasons

• Unified Character Creation across all three games.

• ME3 Fem Shep now in ME1 and ME2.

• Updated A.I Combat

• Updated Combat System in ME1 to be more consistent with ME2 and ME3

• Three Games under one price.

• ā€œAllā€ DLC and Promo items to exist under one package.

• Get to hear an amazing soundtrack across all games.

Reasons Not To Buy

• Nerfed Butt Angles typed for the meme posted cause people are concerned about this apparently

• One DLC is not being added, but thatā€™s because itā€™s source code is corrupted and now ā€œlostā€. This was a ME1 DLC and fortunately it wasnā€™t that good the only thing you will miss out on is a flight crew in ME3, but that really doesnā€™t mean much.

2 Likes

What does this mean sorry? Iā€™ve seen this said before but I donā€™t quite get it, could you only be a guy in ME1 and ME2?

1 Like

Fem Shep is regarded as the definitive/canon version of Female Shepard. She was introduced in ME3 and was heavily marketed on too. You can be male and female in ME1 and ME2 but Female Shepard always looked different between games if you didnā€™t transfer.

1 Like

So is it just a skin basically? Sheā€™s the ginger one right, I think on the cover of ME3?

1 Like

Itā€™s not really a skin.

Here is a article getting into it.

1 Like

Huh, pretty interesting. Thatā€™s cool. Although I imagine Iā€™ll probably go with a male Shepard in my first run through whenever I do get this. Definetly going to wait for reviews, but again, not sure I can justify spending Ā£55 on this at launch.

The butt controvery is a bit funny. Makes sense though, it certainly isnā€™t as idiotic as the Tracer debacle years ago, where Overwatchā€™s fanbase somehow became toxic before the first game had even come out. The only thing I will miss from it is the running gag from a few Awkward Zombie comics.

1 Like