Visualizing Geographical Population of HMF 🌎

Visualizing Geographical Population of HMF

You might know that you can set your living location and make it public in your profile; You even might’ve already set it.

The new forum has had 3798 users until now, and I checked the profile of about ~2100-2200 of them to see if they’d set they’re location or not; Not so much of them had that. Then I used the “where do you come from?” thread and some other hints users pointed out whilst chatting in here.

[Update 4] Stats:

• US 21
  • Denmark 15
  • UK 15
  • Germany 9
  • Ontario, Canada 8
  • France 5
  • Australia 5
  • New Zealand 5
  • Holland 4
  • Iran 4
  • Italy 4
  • Argentina 2
  • Finland 2
  • Hungary 2 (+2)
  • Norway 2
  • Poland 2
  • Romania 2
  • Russia 2
  • Sweden 2
  • Taiwan 2
  • Alberta, Canada 1
  • China 1
  • Greece 1
  • India 1
  • Ireland 1
  • Japan 1
  • Mexico 1
  • Montenegro 1
  • Puerto Rico 1
  • Philippine 1
  • Quebec, Canada 1
  • Singapore 1 (+1)
  • Spain 1
  • Swiss 1
  • Thailand 1
  • Turkey 1
  • Ukraine 1

Using that data and visualizing it in mapchart.net, led to this:

World

Canada

Europe

Asia

33 Likes

That’s three more than what I imagined it would. xD

I wonder who the forth member is. I can recall Sniff, Wincenworks and me, I’m drawing blank on the forth one.

Edit: Ahhhh it was Thrison. How could I be so stubborn?

8 Likes

I like stuff like that. Its interesting. But the sample size is to small with only a little over a hundred known locations from 4000 members.

3 Likes

I am the sole representative of my country, Montenegro, on this forum.

Would like to know if there are other ex-Yugoslavs here.

9 Likes

We had a guy from Tbilisi, Georgia :georgia: before the forum reboot. He has not re-registered though.

3 Likes

Also, if I may offer a suggestion… maybe since you count every other country on Earth as just one place, Canada should be treated the same? I’m not worried about offending anyone, but the map looks odd with a bunch of sovereign nations separated by lines and then Canada all divided up :joy:.

6 Likes

Casually gathering data on all of us. Soon they will have our social security numbers or something equivalent.

10 Likes

:arrow_up: :us: :pig:

20whatever :sweat_smile:

All I took away from this is something American Pigs.

1 Like

The ‘up arrow’ is (supposed to be) pointing to my username. Not pointing at you. :flushed:

3 Likes

So it should be 5 now. I didn’t know he is also from there.

Whelp, if you say that out loud in your profile :joy:

@Schnitzel I’ll do more later today, adding @Tetrafish_21 and @eydontactdumb, making a bigger one, and also the “where so you live” thread is still alive. And about 1.5 thousand users I haven’t looked, the list discourse generates is sorted by the count of likes; Down there I reached users with 0 likes and <1 minute read time, I will look through them but I don’t think they’ll give any important info.

@Yacob I can still change it but wanted it to be more precise. Even US was going to be separated state by state but 7 users didn’t mention the state, so that would’ve been… impossible. Later today, when I’m changing it, I’ll either unite Canada or separate countries to cities :joy: That’s possible, for example all of Danish users were living in Copenhagen.

2 Likes

Oh damn now the search continues. Seriously stumping me clueless as to the apparent unknown person.

This is how I see @Hichkas after reading this topic

11 Likes

I think we are more than 3 from Italy. Me, @badeaguard and someone else, but I don’t remember so well

1 Like

You can even say that this is a

FORUM OF ASSASSINATIONS

oohhhh

9 Likes

Hichkas is back with more maps…

Updated numbers:

• US 21 (+1)
  • Denmark 15
  • UK 12 (+1)
  • Germany 9
  • Ontario, Canada 8 (+1)
  • France 5 (-1)
  • New Zealand 5 (+1)
  • Australia 4 (+1)
  • Iran 4 (+1)
  • Italy 4 (+1)
  • Argentina 2
  • Finland 2
  • Norway 2
  • Poland 2
  • Romania 2
  • Russia 2 (+1)
  • Sweden 2
  • Taiwan 2
  • Alberta, Canada 1
  • China 1
  • Greece 1
  • Holland 1
  • Hungary 1
  • India 1
  • Ireland 1
  • Japan 1
  • Mexico 1
  • Montenegro 1
  • Puerto Rico 1
  • Philippine 1
  • Quebec, Canada 1
  • Spain 1
  • Swiss 1
  • Thailand 1
  • Turkey 1
  • Ukraine 1

More maps:

World

Canada

Europe

Asia

P.S @Bardachenko I didn’t know you’re Italian. So it’s 4 now.

3 Likes

I’m the someone else
Mi cercavi?

2 Likes

Opa now it’s back down to 4 again. And I was about to guess @system as Wincen owns the server in NZ.

that thread wasn’t deleted :thinking:

Holland is not correct. There are atleast four members (me, @Khakiasp, @Daan and @Frote7) from The Netherlands on this forum. That is if I didn’t miss any.

4 Likes