Watch Dogs series

So, this forum has been through a hard reset (just like what Zero-Day likes). :smirk:

Jokes aside, I’d like to continue the discussion about Legion. This time however, I have a major info that I’d like to share. Please proceed to read the following post. Otherwise, you are free to discuss anything about the series.

You can also visit the old discussion here.

8 Likes

Edit (one last time):
Someone else found the glitch first. Oops, my bad.

I haven’t seen any information about this on the Internet, so I considered this as my first big discovery about Legion.

Introducing the ‘permanent AR cloak glitch’:

What does it do?

https://youtu.be/9txHbj5M0yI

Enemies won’t be able to see you, permanently. You can use it to accomplish as many missions as you want, which can make the game very unchallenging. But hey, you are more likely to not lose operatives.

How do I get this glitch?

There are several missions which prompt you going into a usually inaccessible area, like a basement of an enemy territory. Particularly, the elevator in Blume Complex during ‘Into the Void’, and the basement in The Hackney Baths during ‘Crashing the Auction’ will do the trick.

You will need to equip AR cloak to perform this glitch. Activate it when you’re about to enter the special room, then hold the prompt to get in while it’s still in effect. And that’s it!

How do I know if the exploit works?

https://youtu.be/4e-HiTWVaQA
Simply standing in front of a moving car, it won’t stop and will try to put you into hospital.

Will this glitch lose its effect?

Yes. Under these circumstances:

• Quitting the game and restart
  • Using any other gadget like spider-bot.

However, it won’t lose its effect in circumstances like:

• Swapping Operatives
  • Fast Travel
  • Using spider-bots found in enemy territories and drones

Note: This glitch works under title update 2.40 (released on Dec 10th, 2020) on PS4 system.

Well that’s all. I hope you enjoy this piece of information. Maybe it will help you go through the hardest missions. :wink:

6 Likes

You can use it to accomplish as many missions as you want, which can make the game very unchallenging. But hey, you are more likely to not lose operatives.

I will never understand people who cheat on permadeath to not lose operatives. Like, c’mon, disabling it is a thing.

1 Like

Nah I think it’s fine. This is a single player game after all. Players are free to accept tough challenges or cheat all the way if they want.

The real problem for Ubisoft though, is if the online portion has this kind of game breaking glitch. Imagine if it’s permanent invisibility in PVP mode, that will be a big issue then. Anyway, we will see how they are gonna handle Online Mode this year.

Speaking of which, when do you all think Online Mode or the first DLC will drop? For your references:

• Bad Blood was released 4 months behind WD1.
  • T-Bone Content Bundle (1st DLC for WD2) was released 1 month later (a year later for PC and Xbox).

The only PvP mode they announced is the spiderbot arena. Although I hope they announce an actual PvP mode like Showd0wn in the future.

1 Like

I hope that as well. It will make good use of operatives’ traits. Something like if my opponents have an army of Kelley, and my operative has ‘Kelley Vendetta’ trait. Bare knuckle boxing in PvP could be plenty of fun too.

Just got Legion as a late Christmas present. (Horrible timing. :grin:) On the plus side, the gameplay is familiar and I, of course, like the addition of photo mode. I’ve already run into a couple of relatives/friends of potential recruits, so I think I’m going to enjoy the way the “Recruit Anyone” aspect of the game makes everything feel more interconnected, even if things like voices and lip-synching get a little weird at times. It’s definitely making me more careful about (accidently) running over random people or even taking the lethal option when infiltrating Albion sites.

I have to say, though, that I’m really disappointed they ditched the smartphone interface from WD2 and, worse, they seem to have gotten rid of the ability to listen to music while on foot, which is a feature that should be added to more games, not removed.

But it should be a nice distraction for the next couple of days, and then I’ll play whatever’s left in a few weeks when I’m looking for the occasional change of pace from pushing people off a skyscraper in Dubai.

2 Likes

Since Albion people dislike Dedsec, incapacitating them makes them hate Dedsec, making every chance of recruiting one non existent and making every one of their familiars and friends dislike or hate Dedsec.

What I like to do instead, is mark the NPC I want on my team and make sure I don’t even touch them during the mission.

And I hate that they did it too. I will miss the media player a lot and I wish for Ubisoft to readd it.

1 Like

It’s not (just) about whether or not I want to recruit them, it’s (also) the idea that’s been planted in my head that they have friends and family roaming around somewhere out there in London.

That and, when I can, I tend to gravitate toward the non-lethal option anyway. :grin:

2 Likes

Watch Dogs 1 very good story but open world is somewhat between good (like the train system, sightseeing) to boring (you can’t really interact with the open world, nearly always the same store’s, I wished there would be more variety).

Watch Dogs 2 the open world with activities was very good but the story was just okay (the final boss was a joke), but my favourite part.

Watch Dogs 3 Legion uhm what??? No… I like London but the open world was not open enough (London without “the tube” ???), the activities was okay and the story was… not so good as watch dogs 2 in my personal opinion.
To be fair the system was very unique.

2 Likes

Out of these 3 games, I’d prefer the story of WD1 as well. I’d like to think the major difference is that it surrounds its protagonist Aiden (and Bad Blood for T-Bone) quite well, where WD2 and Legion put more emphasis on Dedsec’s enemies.

No doubt that WD2 has the best environment, I agree. San Fran is vibrant, colorful, and full of details here and there. But in terms of side activities, I’d still prefer WD1, where it offers many choices from Card games to Gang Hideout, and there’s even Digital Trips, which are fantastic!

I’d be honest, it’s hard for me to find stuff to do in Legion after beating the story and collecting every collectable and trophy. However, it’s still a unique fun experience. Assembling a custom team is the best thing about this game. I have one save which contains 40 different vehicle owners. A lot of time was spent just to find rare ones like De Vale Marquest (classic Bentley saloon).

In the end, Legion is supposed to receive more contents like online mode and story DLCs. While the tube fast travel system is unlikely to be changed, let’s hope the game reaches its maximum potential. :blush:

3 Likes

Oh and it has a LOT of potential, let me add.

1 Like

For sure. I’d say the current state of the game is like GTA Online in 2013. We didn’t know how they would implement later updates, but it was a few missions here and there, which required players to find their own fun without later additions like heists or stunt races (well ofc, how they milked the game that long is a bad example). :sweat_smile:

WD series never received support that long or diverse, but both previous 2 games have decent multiplayer experience. We will eventually be able to compare Legion to them.

1 Like

Oh well H3 has taken too much attention from me (I believe most of you as well), so I haven’t followed any news about WD recently. But anyway, the game on PC received an update 3 days ago, and online mode could finally be here soon. I’ll leave the full patch note here:

DedSec, we are publishing Title Update 3.0 on PC today, Wednesday, January 27. The patch will be between 10-15 GB and includes various fixes and improvements detailed below, along with files that will be used for a closed technical test for the Watch Dogs: Legion Online Mode.

The focus of the tech test is on service stability and ensuring a smooth Online Mode launch as our dev team gathers data from a larger sample size of players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/l686sh/title_update_30_patch_notes/

1 Like

Legion Online launches March 9th. Hopefully this includes Invasion modes too.

https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/1363896432239984641

To be honest, I didn’t finish WDL. I think I got only a quarter into the main missions, then stopped. I don’t know why, but something about the game just didn’t click with me. Either the player characters felt way too generic or the open-world felt superficial, I don’t know. It’s been sitting on my shelf for 3 months now, incomplete and unsatisfied. (Maybe I’ll enjoy it when I revisit it, idk.)

3 Likes

Okay, so alongside the Online addition, two of the Season Pass bonus missions will be released on March 9 as well.
Unfortunately Invasion modes are not a part of this update.

Also arriving on March 9 is two single-player missions for Season Pass holders:

GUARDIAN PROTOCOL:

• DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.

NOT IN OUR NAME:

• A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.

Ubisoft also dated some of the future updates we can expect, such as new co-op missions, free characters, and an Invasion PvP mode. Meanwhile, Season Pass owners will get more DedSec missions, the Bloodline story expansion, and four new playable heroes: Mina, Darcy, Aiden Pearce, and Wrench. More details will be released on these in the future, including their release dates.

Ubisoft Details Video

This is a bit silly to me:

“You’ll earn influence points by ranking up in each of WDL’s ongoing Seasons”…

So there’s a Battle Pass limited-time rewards system to Legion Online. Ohhh… great.
The Online mode looks like it could be enjoyable, though I hope it’s not too shallow, as that’s the vibe I’m getting from what content is being offered right now.

2 Likes

god, battle passes are such a lazy dogshit excuse for “content”. and no invasion mode, what tf? absolutely no interest in those generic sounding bonus missions either. this is so disappointing lol

2 Likes

Yeah, for now the modes seem to be only co-op PVE missions and PVP spiderbot deathmatch. Just like many other fans, I’d love to see online invasion returns in the future, too. Although as a racing game enthusiast, I do hope street races will be brought back from WD1 as well. Electric kart or off-road races weren’t exactly popular in WD2.

About the battle pass part though, I am not a fan of what’s been implemented in recent Ubisoft titles. My cousin used to complain how he had to spend countless hours to unlock Sam Fisher’s goggles in Rainbow Six Siege. I will check out if the rewards are worth grinding daily when the update comes out.

2 Likes

crap

A new official announcement. It’s about the upcoming online mode for Legion:

• Online mode for PC has been delayed. It won’t be launched until a crucial issue is fixed.

• Tactical Op will be available on March 23rd. It won’t be part of the launch on the next Tuesday.

• Playstation systems will have limited in-game text chat until the March 23rd patch. Well we still have the Party function though.

Have to say it’s not a very smooth situation, but I’ve been looking forward to return to this game.

2 Likes