What are you eating or cooking?

Who says I couldn’t be a house husband? We ran out of lemon marmalade so I had to go half and half with grape jelly.

10 Likes

I couldn’t resist the hot chocolate joys and gave in again, I’ll stop tomorrow i promise! :joy:

4 Likes

Today we did hop in to some vietnamese restaurant or cafe or whatever for the the first time and ordered some not picture worthy meal. But it was quite tasty.
Will come back there for more, and hopefully more picture worthy dishes :slight_smile:

After that went to a dessert cafe and got sundaes for a dessert you know

14 Likes

First time since last winter. It’ll be 36° tonight here :cold_face:

12 Likes

Celsius users reading this be like:

11 Likes

Korean people eat soups on hot days, it is purported to restore the body’s metaphysical ki. In reality the soups are replacing fluid lost sweating and the ingredients are high in chemicals that give the body energy.

3 Likes

Hot for hot, cold for cold. The Bedouins drink hot tea when it’s hot out for the same reasons and they claim it cools your body by making you feel cool compared to the hotness in your tummy. They have like thousands of years of experience so when we were climbing Petra we took a mid day break and had hot tea. Not sure it worked but it didn’t make us feel hotter either.

5 Likes

Big ass poutine from Gatineau

10 Likes

Yesterday popped into Burger King for the first time ever.
I know all this fast food is a poison, but still it’s tasty.
This meal was not an exception

12 Likes

Celebrating the dad’s birthday, we went to a Steak Frites restaurant, where they only sell Steak Frites

It was a great meal. Decently juicy meat and loads of frites.

The knives were pretty cool. Looked like they were modified switch-blades.

Great time had by all, and we drove home listening to Haddaway’s What is Love :+1:

14 Likes

I cooked some vegan casserole today with Maultaschen and lots of vegetables :relaxed: I had everything in my fridge and improvised, because it’s the end of the month and I need to save money :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

All mixed up :crazy_face: - we are having Pani Puri (North Indian Cuisine), Masala Dosa (South Indian Cuisine), and Tacos (Mexican Cuisine).

Unfortunately, the photo taken was not good, you see you don’t get to take a second click for Nature Photography and Food Photography :crazy_face: - it goes away so fast

Expand this if you wish to know the food in detail

Pani Puri: are round hollow deep-fried crisp flatbread (9 pieces here) - called Puri, served with mashed potato, onion and chickpeas, and tamarind spicy juice (called Pani). To eat we need to break the top of the hollow Puri, insert the mashed mixture to fill it and then fill Pani (Juice) - it should go in in one shot. Once it is in your mouth, the juice floods your mouth, the mashed mixture sucks the water in and the Crisp bread acts as a container to carry it inside your mouth. Your reaction is like
pani_puri

Masala Dosa - a thin pancake (folded in a triangle shape here) made from a fermented batter of rice (called Dosa), served with Sambar (a kind of vegetable stew), and Chutney (a spread made from peanuts, tomatoes, etc), mashed potato is stuffed inside (called Masala). The Dosa along with Sambar and Chutney provides multiple tastes. There are multiple variations of Dosa and only a skilled and brave cook can prepare the Dosa.
dosa

Tacos: (served in red tray here) a wheat-based soft bread called a tortilla, served with mixed vegetables, cheese, and chicken filling. The soft bread is so comfortable inside the mouth and the veggie/chicken stuffed masala adds the climax in the bite. It seems tacos are street food in/around Mexico, but here we get it only in Taco Bell or some high-end restaurants
taco

9 Likes

I couldn’t resist the power of the Hot Chocolate, i did have marshmallows, but i sorta kinda ate them before the picture ¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

Made some Japanese Curry over Jasmine Rice

12 Likes

I did this today…

11 Likes

That looks great!

I’d love your recipe for Japanese curry. My wife actually makes her own Indian curry and it’s pretty legit especially since it is made by a Polish American white girl.

5 Likes

Literally the one Japanese meal I absolutely hate…

1 Like

Slow-cooker lamb, apricot, date and chickpea tagine from last night.

12 Likes

I don’t hate it. It’s just ok though. My son loves it so I make it for him. I don’t really see what makes it Japanese to be honest. Very similar to American stew in preparation just flavor differences.

4 Likes

I wish I could say I find it at least ok, but the taste is just so… bad :sweat_smile: Especially when compared to standard Indian curry, it´s nowhere near it. Also don´t know what makes it Japanese tbh, probably the ingredients and preparation? But if your son loves it, good for him :+1: He´d enjoy the local curry festivals then.

2 Likes