What QoL Improvements would you like?

Personally I’m hoping for some control options to tie different actions to different buttons. Like instead of A for disguise and push NPC both purposes could be seperately remapped since they’re context sensitive.

I’d love more items in old levels like feather dusters in Paris and bananas in Marrakesh.

I’d love the camera having the ability to identify the Maelstrom by snapping him with a pic. Or using that camera to get a picture of Bob Knox.

A pacify option for Contracts mode.

25 Likes

Reworked inventory menus.

12 Likes

Being able to see cameras through walls with instinct would be huge. We can already do this with NPC’s so I don’t get why we can’t do this.

Mark on the mini map trespassing/hostile areas with color highlights depending on the player’s current disguise.

Get rid of the long animations for taking out/putting back sniper rifles with briefcases.

Tweak some items so they’re more practical.

Allow more item slots on lower difficulty.

Maybe have some more permanent items like the camera and gun. We could have fiber wire and coin slots.

Give players more options for graphical and gameplay settings.

Flesh out contracts mode some more. Give us more choices, more targets, more locations, etc.

Fix the ET system. A lot of these targets are super enjoyable and people would love to replay them. Locking them to a time period and punishing the player all for the sake of a gimmick is absurd. Hitman is about experimenting, learning, and taking your time. Elusive targets are not.

And finally, clear up the confusion behind the ET changes.

10 Likes

Colored subtitles, post-processing settings, localized voicelines, remove quick time events (like in combat) as an accessibility feature for people in need :grimacing:

5 Likes

The ability to have the codes automatically entered once you already entered them for the first time

7 Likes

A Colorado style change to Whittleton Creek to make the evidence optional after first completion.

Ability to put commonly used items on number keys.

“Back to contracts menu” option in contracts mode.

Elusive Targets added to “special assignments” tab after completion for replaying.

47 can do things like swipe keycards without dropping his briefcase.

27 Likes

Snipers not having an animation would be dumb. I’d make the long animation snipers more powerful to compensate.

13 Likes

For PC, an option to make walking slow a toggle button

3 Likes

Not Online would be nice :wink:

24 Likes

47 should give up some style points and switch his briefcase for a sports bag or backpack or whatever. Briefcases were always clunky in Hitman. Any action that requires left hand - and the briefcase either gets dropped or gets awkwardly stuck to the arm :stuck_out_tongue: Same stuff was with large guns, pre-H16 47 held them with his left hand, but in H16 they are strapped to his back.

1 Like

I do hope they revert stumbling NPCs to only require one hit before knocking them out on the ground.
How it is now is that a leg-shot doesn’t incapacitate them enough. You’ve got to shoot them twice. A muffin or banana isn’t enough either. You need two items to hit them with before the prompt appears or be able to shoot them, too.

14 Likes

That’s a good plan. If the Sieger 300 Ghost and the Leviathan were longer animation it would make more sense.

1 Like

Contracts mode needs two features in particular.

Make specific weapons not require it to be melee or thrown (why fail an objective if I throw required weapon)
Be able to designate non silenced version of weapon.

7 Likes

Organization of feature contracts into separate folders according to location or date.

Choice of menu music (from Hitman I, 2 or III)

Location map tab provided in mission location menu illustrating where starting locations are found and where hidden stash of gear are located.

10 Likes

Also make the Chongqing final objective 100% optional like Colorado.

It is tied to your starting location. If you do the train station you must complete it, like how the first Berlin location still makes you go through the scripted opening.

11 Likes

Menu music is a good one. Civilization 4 let you choose which menu images and music you liked from all the expansions and I’d love for Hitman to do that. I miss the Hitman 2 menus a lot.

7 Likes

I imagine (and hope) they might do that if they eventually rebrand the trilogy into the complete Hitman: WoA package.

3 Likes

It will be too OP since the cameras are present on higher difficulties. Maybe add them to Casual with the ability to see through walls. Will be a great way to memorize the level. Also, I vote for some subtle hints on where to find the evidence.

Was in the Hitman 2016 alpha build, so it’s possible.

Those are certainly made for you to choose the sniping point more carefully.

+1 item slot unlocked after Mastery level 10 on each level seems fine to me.

There is one huge change that must be made. STOP TAKING ME TO THE MAIN MENU AFTER I FINISH THE CONTRACT PLEASE HELLO!

7 Likes

If you use NPC icons, then a camera that will compromise you will have a dot. You can see this through walls. Doesnt stop you being recorded as if your allowed in the area it wont show, but you can fix that.

Also, equiping an illegal item to temporarily flash up dots on every npc/ camera in the area is a good tactic.

It often irritates me if I fail the Objectives of a contract because I threw rather than melee’d a particular weapon so I know where you’re coming from, but I guess the differentiation does allow people wanting to create puzzle contracts to add an extra problem to solve.

If we removed the distinction between melee/thrown, then that would allow all kills with the weapon to be done on safely KO’ed and isolated bodies, whereas the contract creator might have intended a puzzle where you need to get a ‘live’ kill on the target while they are still upright and with a route that makes them hard to kill without KO-ing them first.

3 Likes