What QoL Improvements would you like?

That’s very true. But the existence of a generalized ‘Kill with X’ doesn’t mean the ‘Kill with X melee/thrown’ should cease to exist. We can already specify “Accident” or “Accident Explosion”, why shouldn’t that level of choice be extended? It’s a case of IO adding new features to contracts mode, not swapping out features so we have no net gain.

But either way, I wouldn’t say this is a QoL change. It’s just a suggested improvement to contracts mode. Which after 3/4 years, does indeed need some shaking up

8 Likes

Differing views and wishes are great for giving the developers ideas they might not necessarily have had but I disagree with pretty much every point you made, these are just a few that stood out;

Maybe as an option you could toggle on or off but I disagree, it would be far too overpowered. It’s fairly easy to see the green area their line of sight casts anyway.

Later in your post you criticise the notion of ET’s because Hitman is about taking your time and learning and experimenting, but you want information like where you can and can’t go to be handed to you? This would make play quite boring and the small notification that pops up next to the minimap is already useful enough. If anything, you could turn this off to make it more challenging for you and only know you are not supposed to be somewhere when you are attracting attention.

Magic pockets were a big talking point on this forum 10-15 years ago and the overwhelming majority of people were glad when it was phased out after H2.
Not having the animation and being able to instantly go from holding a briefcase to holding a longarm is not quite the same thing, but just as immersion breaking and takes away from the tactical aspect.

I think the system for them works fine. If anything, they could make the ET’s recur every 6-12 months but if you fail one or miss one you don’t lose out. The rewards are tied to number of them completed, not specific contracts. Experimenting and learning is key to Hitman, but the ET’s force you to take your time and think about what you are doing and have an actual sense of risk about them, knowing a fuck up is not just a reloaded save like nothing happened. I really like them and look forward to more.

4 Likes

How exactly is it overpowered? More so than the instinct abilities we already have? Honestly it seems like a reasonable suggestion that wouldn’t effect gameplay too much but would improve QoL

Especially given that cameras can now alert guards to your presence. They’re essentially static NPCs (that you can still shoot, I guess, not a perfect analogy :man_shrugging:)

4 Likes

QoL improvements? I would already be happy if they would stop removing QoL features.

8 Likes

I also wish that could apply to UI as well, like a setting where you can change the UI from respective games (H2016 or H2) OR could be used on the more recent one (H2016 UI->H3)

A ping system would be nice, like If you ping an item (Mission story item,disguise,place,sabotage) in map you would see in instinct too

1 Like

This is problably not so surprising, so I’d like IO to reduce to change the Models of some NPCs to make others unique. It wouldn’t even require them to import New Models just do it like it was done in Chongqing with the Model of a Guard.

For Explanation:

Before the Update Lavern Cancel and Efrain Carper used the same Model, so after the Update, IO changed Lavern’s Model to the one below, which already has enough Clones anyway, so this also made Efrain unique, as the only Guard in the whole Level, which is something I do like.

[I know the reason was problably that he was standing outside in the Rain as the only non-capped Guard, so it’s still good.]

There should be a way to sort items unlocked from H1, H2 and H3, (MK, MKII, MKIII) so that we don’t have 4 lockpicks, 3 silver ballers among other things bloating the item inventory, I still remember how clean it was in HITMAN 2016.

6 Likes

Add me to the list of those who would love ETs to be replayable after completing. I’m all for the timed release, but after a user plays/completes it once with the required restrictions then it should be forever replayable in a legacy capacity. There were some I really enjoyed and would love to play again. It would be nice to either to try a new approach or just simply enjoy the content once more.

Other than that, I suppose the menus could be cleaned up and some of the shared action buttons could be mapped differently, but those are both minor and I’m not all that bothered at this point. I’ve gotten used to it.

4 Likes

So much Yes. By now they could atleast add the Special Assigments, Patient Zero Sapienza and Hokkaido. I honestly don’t even know they haven’t been added yet, except for the reason that we could see that IO named most New NPCs in the SAs John Doe for lazy reasons, so that’s it.

3 Likes

Hotkeys for weapons like the OG games, 1 - for melee weapons, 2 for hanguns, 3 for SMGs etc

Sniper rifle assembly animations, with AUDIO (really embarrassing for IO to miss details like these)

Adding different guns? not the cheap reskins (for the DLC)

Option to choose between gloved and non gloved version of suits (since its possible to unlock the Turtle neck training suit, non gloved/ non hatted versions of suits should be possible)

Slight rework to the weapon sound FX, the unsilenced silverballer sounds exactly like the Bartoli

1 Like

-Option to mute the menu music or choose between H1, H2, H3 menu music
-Option to mute Diana (especially for Dartmoore)
-Search contracts by creator
-Delete created contracts
-Search option for contracts mode “No complications at all”
-Option in contracts mode for a specific weapon
-Default pistol after using a remote like in H1 (Actually you are forced to go into inventory
after using any remote)
-Exit via push triangle instead of hold triangle, same for picking up items
-Shoulder swap (option to toggle on/off in the menu)
-Make items unbreakable from just dropping (Cocain, bricks, …)
-Make all objects in the whole trilogy optional after the first time no matter the starting location

23 Likes

Objects? What does that mean?

He means Objectives. Find the maelstrom, kill the virus, obtain the intel, etc. all of it optional.

Besides what others have already suggested, I really want something to be done about the server lag affecting the Silent Assassin Tracker HUD. It’s shockingly common that the game takes forever to acknowledge a target is dead, and this is a big deal when that could give you SA rating back again.

Example: https://youtu.be/UlmRLMUlMyI?t=29

Like seriously, what is the point of a live rating tracker if there is a huge delay for every action?

I don’t remember things like this happening much in Hitman 2, something changed with the servers in HItman 3. I would say it is just high demand due to many playing, but I’m still getting lag like this over a month since release.

6 Likes
  • Option to change text size of the UIs and menus, because right now a lot of the menus are just too small for comfort
  • Return of the shoulder swap option (should have never been removed in the first place IMO)
  • Option to choose minimap colours from any of the 3 games (i really miss the dark sand-green minimap from HITMAN 1 pre-GOTY)
  • Option to establish a default loadout for each mission (like in HITMAN 2)
  • More coloured filters for 47’s camera item
  • Option to choose the same style of subtitles from HITMAN 1 (the ones that were easier to read because the text had a transparent black frame behind it)
7 Likes

The Maelstrom being automatically highlighted when not starting at the original location… like Berlin in H3… would be cool.

I kind of see the bank data and sapienza virus as targets though, not sure I’d want to skip those.

6 Likes

I’d love to see some additions to contract mode.

•Pick the starting location
•Ability to choose between pacifying or killing targets
•Delete created contracts

I’d like to be able to smuggle in a suit in a briefcase or agency pick up

If you beat an elusive target have the ability to unlock and replay the mission.

1 Like

Just gonna chime in that, yes, I really hope adding new restrictions and ways to create contracts is something feasible (or even possible) for the team at IO post-launch. Contracts Mode is in desperate need for something to shake it up or offer more freedom and variety, IMO.
Restricted Loadouts, no “Melee/Thrown” condition, some neat Escalation complications, etc.

Another note: Just today I re-discovered the frustration of multi-target Elusives, where if you want to restart after one of them is dead, you’ve got to use the internet/close game trick. If IOI is already letting us restart/replan elusives at any time while playing them, then why not after a target is dead? Just go all or nothing, if they’re so adamant on making these ‘Elusive-but-not-really’…

8 Likes

Please, don’t! It will mess up the manholes in Whittleton Creek, many other stuff as well, and cause the frustration with picking up the illegal items unintendedly.

Can we just have a regular photomode at this point?

2 Likes