What’s one of the most chronically online takes you’ve seen?

Share some of your chronically online takes that you have seen. For me, one that I’ve seen was someone being called a “queerbaiter” by some idiot because they thought they were cis before and then discovered that they were actually trans.

3 Likes

Anyone who takes criticism towards any piece of media as a personal attack

8 Likes

Literally seen people get called homophobic for liking Steve universe because it wasn’t their “ideal” representation of gay people. It wasn’t even offensive or anything. People just act like any piece of media they dislike must be bad or automatically problematic.

1 Like

Claiming to be offended on someone else’s behalf without even knowing who they are.

7 Likes

Majority of the internet

3 Likes

I don’t understand this topic’s title.
I feel old.

6 Likes

god that is the most true thing in this day and age. including with just jokes. it’s literally the most circle jerking self back pat to ever exist.

3 Likes

It means someone that spends so much time on the internet that they have such a distorted reality and come up with shitty takes as a result and have no communication abilities with talking about certain social issues or political issues. For example, the person I listed.

3 Likes

if there is another thing i can say is someone who claims to hate Nazism and other things yet have a sketchy past while proclaiming to be against racism. the biggest form of savior syndrome in existence. not to mention just being shitty people in general using it as a means to seem like a good person.

2 Likes

I’ve seen performative activism a lot on social media and it’s always the worst shit because it often feels so infantilizing. Like you said, it’s that savior syndrome.

2 Likes

Just realised how political and stuff this is gonna get, i do believe its one of the rules that we ain’t to mention that stuff.

1 Like

mm. overall i think it could be fine if it’s kept peaceful. though that’s up to the higher ups of the server.

Better wording might be:
“What’s one of the most chronically bad takes you’ve seen online?”

As for what I’ve seen? There are too many to say.

1 Like

Being against Naziism is good no matter what though. Nazis and Neo Nazis are the biggest scumbags on the planet. Anyone who says that is correct and there’s no criticism you could level at someone for saying that which would be justifiable.

2 Likes

I just wish some people wouldn’t say that while being racist themselves because it gives the illusion of them being a good or decent person when they aren’t.

1 Like

guess what i mean is what @unfunnyguy just said

people like that i see as filthy opportunists trying to give an illusion they’re a good person while being the biggest piece of shit around.

1 Like

I swear every time someone wants to point out somebody is bad it is always Nazism because it already carries a stigmatised bias and thus makes the entire point redundant.

If you want to say something is bad, you can. But don’t bring up irrelevant things such as Nazism to paint yourself as something good - it doesn’t. It’s not that hard to stay pertinent to what you want to say.

Where the fuck is all this bullshit about Nazis being “irrelevant” coming from?

Okay, that’s my new Terminally Online take that annoys me. People downplaying Nazis and Fascists in 2022 despite them making huge social and political gains (Which I partly blame internet discourse and downplaying for)

4 Likes

They come from a discourse where if you call someone a Nazi despite it never being brought up it somehow automatically makes you the good guy.

I don’t like Nazis as much as the next guy, and I’m all for resenting them. But you can’t call someone that just because you don’t agree with somebody. It just doesn’t make sense regarding whatever point you want to say by using an undeniably bad faith ideology to insult people.

1 Like

… No it doesn’t. Being better than a Nazi is an extremely low bar.

I really don’t understand this. If this is a bigger problem for you than Neo Nazis and Fascists actually existing, making social and political gains and having presence in online spaces and communities then you need to reevaluate your priorities.

3 Likes