What things would you add to Hitman 3?

reworking NPCs Voice Lines in Marrakesh and Dubai
because I am pretty sure Arabs wont yell Jesus when 47 throws a coin :joy:

3 Likes

Where. This text will be blurred

Curtains down and A House of Cards. And those are just the ones I remember, it’s been more than ten years since I last played BM.

Then it’s highly possible you remember wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: as I can’t understand what exceptions are there, except shooting the actor while he’s getting executed. (That one’s treated as an accident).

In all other cases (including the briefcase bombings in HoC, I think that’s what you’re referring to) if any NPCs find the bodies SA is not possible. So you need to be lucky, fast, or do something to prevent that from happening.

And yet, I can snipe the ambassador and get SA, even with his guards around the body. Always enjoyed sniping in that map for that reason.

Yeah… Now that’s another question, a question of how bodies get found in BM. In WoA NPCs “find” them pretty much instantaneously when they appear in their line of sight, while in BM it’s very easy to distract them with panic, combat, trespassing and make them ignore bodies or even kills, basically. Also Dillahunt I think is in an interesting spot where his guards actually don’t look at him directly. Regardless, I’ll make sure to test this out and see if I can recreate that.

1 Like

Yeah, the closest you could get to the BM style of sniping is to make it so that sniper shot location panics (AKA ‘triple shot’, ‘body shot’, ‘blind panic’ etc.) make NPCs not spot bodies until it wears off. But people are already critical of panics in WoA so I’m not sure how on board people would be with making them even more powerful, even though it could certainly provide some interesting opportunities.

Additionally this is a good example of my point about the game design being complicated to communicate to players. How many people actually know how this works in BM (even if it’s more of an AI limitation than a ‘mechanic’) and should a game be so packed with things that only the 1% of avid players know? IMO hell yeah, that’s what I love about Hitman. But from a game design perspective, it’s a valid area of concern.

Unsure what I would add, but what I would improve is the running and furthermore the climbing, there’s room for improvement there.

Items and gear: Semi-auto and full auto HK416 and/or HK433 or FN SCAR or Bren 2 type rifles that do the same damage and better accuracy than say the RS-15. Suppressed versions there of. Suppressed and loud semi-auto pistol caliber carbines similar to the TAC SMG. Slenderman suit (we’re most of the way there already–if 47 didn’t have a face or a plain white mask obscuring it, he’d be a dead ringer for a personification of Slendy).

Game Mechanics/Graphics: Improve the hand to hand/fist fighting mechanic. When I try and use it it’s like a monkey fornicating with a football. I know that I suck at it, but using WASD to throw or block punches IMO sucks. I’d also fix a few lighting issues, namely with sniper scopes indoors and some occasional indoor lighting involving firearm muzzle flashes (example, the Paris attic).

Not huge changes IMO, but they’d make the game more fun and appealing than it is already.

And after playing SA and Contracts last night, I’d actually get rid of something and replace it. Get rid of the damage drop off and just go with a standard damage calculator like in earlier games.

1: I don’t know if this has been requested before, but I wish they’d add a 4th indicator for the SA indicator, which is blue or something like that, to indicate that SA is still possible, but is currently compromised by only your target/s, meaning if you eliminate them before they spread word to other NPCs, you will retain your SA rating. They were on track to do this when they added the “SA still possible, but you need to delete the evidence” tracker. I know it’s much more situational, and much less likely to pop up, but it would be nice.
Edit: Oh, and a 5th option, specifically for contracts and arcade, when SA is possible, but you’ve failed an optional kill method or disguise (purple or orange or something.)

2: Contracts Mode needs a complete overhaul, there should be an option to search for contract creators and see all their contracts, notification options to tell you when someone’s played your contract or bested your score, invite links for certain contracts, the ability to edit titles and briefings after submitting, a cleaner hud, maybe even a rating system, even if it’s just a thumbs up or down thing, and even maybe the ability to comment on contracts to start discussions with the creator and other players. It would make the mode feel more like a community and extend its replayability.

3 Likes

I would love Replay mode where like you can watch your own version see how your run go and coop mode

I think both of those would be interesting. Coop mode would be fine as long as there are no achievements or unlocks tied to it.

1 Like

yeah i agree with no achievements for coop

I’d just love having the silent assassin tracker in contracts mode creator.

Just a better contracts mode in general would be nice, perhaps with a limited amount of dev mode that allowed you to add certain items, NPC’s, objects of interest, or conditions. It wouldn’t have to be SUPER detailed (although having the limited ability to create your own hitman map would be INCREDIBLE).

Just stuff that allows you to make different feeling contracts, adding cameras to places, making NPC’s you can’t kill or knock out, extra objects, objectives, or weapons that are a part of strategy and add a new layer of depth to how you play.

1 Like

ever since ioi add agent 17 suit in hitman 3 i would love a coop mode with agent 47 and agent 17 on missions

1 Like

Make flashbangs cause 47 to react exactly the same way as NPCs with him becoming immobilized and the map blanking out for several seconds.

I mean 47 is a genetic supersoldier with tons of combat training and experienced, I do think that the way flash bangs currently work on the player is annoying (mainly because the flash visual and audio effect can occur even when you aren’t facing or that close to a flash bang). However he shouldn’t react exactly the same way, and at the very least should/would have a shorter stun time than everyone else.

I think also having a kind of QuickTime event to prevent or reduce the stunning effect would be cool. Honestly the franchise in the future does need to rework combat significantly to be more challenging and interesting, probably more interesting and complex takedown and shooting methods, variety in enemy methodology (ex. A gangster should react differently than a soldier in the military) as well as nerfing the throwing system a slight bit so that it isn’t so easy to take people down with it.

1 Like

all npcs have guns how sick would that be

1 Like