What Videogame(s) Are You Playing?

??? But… that’s not really the ending???

I’d say the actual ending is a little abrupt, it doesn’t end on any traditional “big final boss” to unload bullets into. But apart from that it ends in an expected open-book cryptic way.

3 Likes

I’m in the boat where while the game ends abruptly the DLC’s wrap up the remaining plot threads necessary and leads into Alan Wake 2.

Control imo is always better the second time around.

6 Likes

Agreed, I deleted a section of my comment where I mentioned this for some reason :sweat_smile:

The Foundation delves deeper into the origins of the House, and the Alan Wake DLC ends with a cutscene that teases future FBC operations.

It is a little bit of a shame that the “clean up” of the House to lift the lockdown technically happens off-screen, but I guess part of the blame is on the open-structured gameplay to let you finish up any side-missions post-game.

3 Likes

That’s Resident Evil 2 Remake done with! Oof, wow, what a scare-fest.
I was prepared for a few sequences this time around – as they vaguely came back to me, and as I read-through a walkthrough of what items to expect ahead – but it was still scary AF.

I got very risky with my ammo near the end, as I started to see my powerful Grenade Launcher ammo deplete. But I made it through.

Would have been cool to have the 2nd Run be a parrallel to the main sequence, instead it’s just an alternate telling of the Escape from Raccoon City (With Leon/Claire parallel journey happening off-screen)

Pretty sure the future entries get more action-based instead of horror, so it might get easier to get into those.
Though now I’m interested in going through RE7 again, and that’s a clear return to horror sooo… :person_shrugging: we’ll see if I have the strength for that.

9 Likes

I’ve finished Tomb Raider 2013 yesterday, now starting Rise of the Tomb Raider!

8 Likes

Finally got back to playing Assassins’ Creed: Rogue and just last night finished all of the side content, barring a handful that can only become unlocked after reaching a certain point in the main story. This particular game is well-known in the series for having a short story mode and a bulk of side quests, and I stopped following the story missions at exactly halfway to get the side quests out of the way, and now aside from those handful, I’ve done that, and am so now through a majority of the game. I suspect I’ll be able to finish it in the next week, maybe two weeks, making it the longest AC game that it’s taken me to beat, due to pausing for months to play Hitman and Resident Evil.

Once this one is done, it’s on to Assassins’ Creed: Unity, and the French Revolution. This is one I’m really looking forward to, because I’ve heard it’s presentation of revolution-era Paris is the most beautifully rendered city in the series to date, and that the assassination missions in this game are so versatile that it’s considered the closest the AC series has ever gotten to Hitman. Supposedly, you can do the usual thing of running right to your target, slaughtering any guards or soldiers that stand in your way until you get to them; you can stealth your way across rooftops, through windows, and above rafters until your target is isolated, kill them, and then run for the exit until you’re safe; or you can even blend in with a disguise until you’re right next to your target, stab them in the heart when no one is looking, then slink right back into the crowd and move along with nobody knowing what happened. And while that’s all usual AC fare, this time you are actually presented with each of these options, so the player is aware that they can choose a method instead of just winging it and finding out the options based on how good they are. Can’t wait to try it, once Rogue is finished.

6 Likes

So my sister has been absolutely hooked to Hades.

It’s been about a month, and she’s beaten the final boss 17 times (7 extra after the credits). That’s already surpassed me in many ways.

It took me many on and off sessions of playing over about 6-8 months before I beat the game proper.
I’ve only beaten the boss twice after the credits, and honestly I kinda got a little burnt out after so many deaths already.

I think she’s died a lot more than me, as in her first 50-ish deaths she still hadn’t made it to the 4th Level whereas I had many deaths before that.
But yeah she’s pretty hooked into grinding the game even after finishing the main story. She loves romancing the characters and quickly maxed out relationships with Than, Meg and Dusa (I’ve only maxed out Dusa).

Just… I’m very stunned. She’s had her Switch for over a year, didn’t really play it much during the school year, bought Hades at Christmas but hadn’t gotten around to it until April when she got back from school… and she’s killing it in the game.

10 Likes

Just sharing for more “exposure”.

3 Likes

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, now starting Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Welcome to the jungle :tada:

5 Likes

I finally bought Dead Island 2 yesterday, seeing all the good stuff brought up about, and somehow I got 14 hours… and I’m not even close to finishing the game lol, this one is such a blast!

6 Likes

Kinda irritated at the moment because I’m at the point where I could probably finish Assassins’ Creed: Rogue tonight, probably in the course of two hours or so if I do it right, but me being a completionist and a perfectionist, I can’t. I still have the naval campaign missions to complete and I must have all side missions done before finishing the main game. And while they are automated missions that I only need to activate and wait for the results, I am at this moment down to the final 8 missions, all of which take as long as 2-3 hours in real time to finish. So I’m pretty much just idling and letting my system run and count down the time for these missions, waiting until these damn things are done before I do the final 3 missions of the game that involve actual playing. I probably won’t be able to finish it until tomorrow or even a few days after, depending on how I space this out. Note to self: if I ever pick up this game again, which is likely, get on this bullshit as early as possible and don’t dawdle with it.

3 Likes

You just reminded me why I have still not finished Rogue, Unity and Origins, not to mention skipping Syndicate and not bothering with Odyssey and Valhalla. A lot of side “activities” are just time wasters that ruin the whole experience.

You’d think this is a mobile game or something :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Every word you said in that first paragraph caused me physical pain.

3 Likes

Heisenberg POV:

“You”

6 Likes

I finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday. I think I’ll play Resident Evil 2 Remake next, thanks to @TheChicken hyping me up again.

Or even better, I’ll play the original, if i can find my PS One.

9 Likes

The one thing about REmake 2 that i absolutely HATE is the fucking Sewer Section. Fuck this shit and especially fuck the G-Babys. From a neat little mid-boss to the worst fucking standard enemy of the whole series.

4 Likes

HI-FI RUSH
I got this game from a friend as a belated birthday gift, I just beat the first level. AND HOLY SHIT, this is one of the best first impressions I’ve ever had from a videogame first level.

The wonderful music, the fantastic animation, the beat and the game feel. I am not good at rhythm games but the first few fights and the first bossfight of this game made me feel awesome. This may be due to me playing on normal rather than hard but this is all excellent so far and I can’t wait to see how this story and game unfolds.

7 Likes

After almost 30 days and it finally arrived and let me tell you the Nintendo Ninjas are on the way as we speak. But let’s be real this is pretty cool. The process of getting this has been interesting since it shipped out from the UK, but I love everything so far about this packaging for a Rom Hack.

11 Likes

Just started Deathloop … reminding me of the movie - Edge of Tomorrow

7 Likes

Ok, finally on the last two naval missions of Assassins’ Creed: Rogue - which, it turns out, can’t be completed before finishing the main campaign, so I listened to my completionist OCD for nothing - and one is about to finish in about five minutes as I type this, so there’ll be just one left that I’ll activate before I go to work, and while my Xbox is asleep the counter will keep going and when I get home it’ll be done and I’ll finally be finished with the game. I’ll try to find the Headless Horseman one more time in Sleepy Hollow, but if that doesn’t work I’m gonna say fuck it and just end the game and finally move on to Unity.

2 Likes