What Videogame(s) Are You Playing?

I’ve started Breath of the Wild once more. The first time I played it was when the Switch first launched in 2017, and I did the main missions and about half the shrines. The second time I played it was in 2020, and then I did all the shrines but not many of the side missions.

I was going to get Tears of the Kingdom this week, but I decided it would be a good idea to actually complete Breath of the Wild first. This time I actually got the DLC which I didn’t have before, and I want to do everything major the game has to offer. I plan on just getting enough of the Korok seeds to max out the inventory slots. I could get them all, but why should I collect more poop than what is required?

7 Likes

And this is the last we heard of Heisenberg who will later go insane running around trying to find tricolour cocardes, opening everyone’s valuables chest in Paris and finding someone/anyone to do the co-op missions with.

4 Likes

Nah, co-ops are write-offs, and anything that hasn’t been patched and debugged by now I won’t bother with. I’m aware of Unity’s reputation.

I recommend just straight up going immediately to Syndicate.

2 Likes

I appreciate any recommendations, but no way dude. I’ve been waiting on this one, and I intend to play every game, in order, all the way up to… whatever game they’re on by the time I catch up.

2 Likes

I also have some mean words to say about Unity, as although I liked playing in that time period just like how I loved playing Syndicate, my save file corrupted!! Watch out for that - I hope you don’t meet my fate as I’m not playing through it again

2 Likes

Well, after playing the first two sequences of Unity last night, I will say that although the visuals and the sound are incredible, the voice acting is spot-on, and I can tell that I’m gonna like the story, the actual game play falls short of what I was expecting. Parkour has become more difficult to pull off rather than easier, running on rooftops or the ground feels sluggish like I’m running underwater, and combat has again taken a downturn from its peak during the Ezio trilogy where it was polished and simple. I think, at this early first glance stage where the game has not had its chance to grow on me yet, that Unity may have been better served as an Assassins’ Creed animated film like the two that were made for Ezio, but longer, rather than an installment in the game series.

4 Likes

I really want to believe that Inscryption has some AI-planning feature in the background, that determines how any given battle should be won, depending on the cards played, because URGH I’m making no progress in the Endless Mode special features, since you have to finish a full 4-boss run and I can barely make it through 2, let alone a couple tough normal fights. I keep getting into unwinnable scenarios where no matter what I play, I can’t escape death, waste of a turn.

I’m still stuck with the starter deck and the 4 starter negative modifiers (you don’t unlock more until you can beat it with one turned on) and haven’t seen any of the Dev Logs bonuses unlock.
I’m such a misplay king I guess :frowning:

4 Likes

As I recall, the first couple of challenges can be pretty rough, but eventually you’ll hit a run where everything comes together. And once you unlock a couple of the other starter decks it at least gives you more opportunity to experiment with different strategies.

Stick with it. You’ll get there. :+1:

4 Likes

After like 30hours of playing Dead Island 2, I’m not even joking, I usually don’t buy games on release but I’m so happy, gonna buy the DLCs if there will be any, and I hope that Dead Island 3 won’t go into development hell of 12 years aswell, lmao.

7 Likes

Unlocked all the challenge arenas in Sifu now.
The game is actually pretty generous with giving them out, as each stage has 5 challenges, can earn up to 3 medals each, so if you can manage to get at least one in each you can unlock the next stage. If you get more, you can skip a few and easily unlock them all

They’re all pretty good, and very fun to play around with the combat in unique situations. Each arena is either original (ish) or themed after a specific level in the main game (its a great way to reuse assets in a fresh way)

There are 9, with 6 more coming in the future. They are:

• Rainy Alleyway
  • Club Arena
  • Big Restaurant
  • Helipad
  • Slums Raid
  • Hallway
  • Gang Hideout
  • Scenic Park
  • Mind Palace/Boss Challenges

The levels involving “survive waves” usually have fun twists that change how the arena looks with each progressive wave, they’re visually striking and cool!
Some arenas are massive and use the “capture points” mission, which is a great way to practise throwing and pushing people out of an area.
And there are a small few that are “cinematic” in that it’s a fixed perspective as you travel through a level. It’s kinda cool, kinda disorienting for one level, but fits with their homage to iconic kung fu films.

The main campaign had an homage to Old Boy’s hallway fight, but one arena here replicates it again in a great continuous wave fight, and is very fun.

5 Likes

All it needs is a hammer and the main character skin for perfection. :star_struck:

4 Likes

They’ve got the suit, but unfortunately no hammer :frowning: a bat will have to do instead

really dang cool though for sure

5 Likes

I’m gonna love it anyway. Close enough. :+1:

4 Likes

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

Yesterday I finished playing through Jedi Survivor on Jedi Master. There was only one boss encounter where I choose to lower the difficulty. The surprised boss battle against Darth Vader, took me far to much time. I came close to beating him on Jedi Master on multiple attempts, in the end I decided to just lower the difficulty to proceed with the story. Taking control of Cere for the fight, with a lower amount of stim canisters. 4 instead of my normal amount of 13. Didn’t make it easier.

There was no doubt I would enjoy Survivor, after completing Fallen Order on every difficulty. I choose to play the game on PS5, even with the performance mode the game was poorly optimised. Especially the city area around Koboh suffered from a lot of low frame rates. Not impossible to play and not enough to stop me from enjoying the game. I did experience that a crash that bricked my game, I was unable to even boot it up. I choose to buy PlayStation live to backup my save data to the cloud. Apparently that isn’t a standard feature on PlayStation, I been spoiled by PC gaming. Then I deleted my game, rebuilt my PS5 database and then reinstall the game. It took some time and wasted a lot of my weekend.

This was by far the biggest problem I had with the game, it annoyed me a great deal. That a poorly optimised game rushed out, forced my hand to buy a subscription service to backup my data. I know there are other ways to do this, that is free. However without the guarantee of it not becoming corrupt. Even with this problem, I really enjoyed the game and with each patch it became better and better.

Cal’s journey from Fallen Order to Survivor was well crafted, being a more careless and impulsive Jedi this time around, was an interesting aspect of his development. Showing that he’s still got a lot to learn and he didn’t just come out of the last game as a beacon of light and righteous justice. The character development also leads Cal to far darker place, then I initially thought it would. A place where I’m not sure if he’ll be able to come back from. Seeing Cal giving into revenge and killing an already defeated opponent, was dark and felt me with dread. I couldn’t stop myself from saying, “no, don’t Cal”. The betrayal of Bode was the best twist and gut punching turn, since Lance in Vice City.

I know a lot of players felt that the villain of Dagan Gera wasn’t as interesting as The Second Sister (personally I found her boring as soon as she revealed who she was). He was superficial and not as tragic as Trilla. However what I heavily enjoyed about Dagan, was how closely he mirrored Anakin Skywalker, both in mindset, mannerism and pride. Even the delivery of his lines, felt eerily similar to that of Anakin.

The game is full of small awesome moments, like when the The droid march theme begins playing while battling a horde of B1 droids, or when the Force Theme mixes with the game soundtrack. Small moments that highlights the great music from the films. I never get tired of battling B1 droids, Magma Guards and other Clone Wars era droids.

One thing I never feel in love with was the different Lightsaber stances, I thought I would love the cross guard, dual wield. I didn’t It took me over half of the game to realise that I didn’t enjoy the stances and felt much more comfortable with standard lightsaber stance and the dual bladed stance for crowd control. The two stances from Fallen Order. I have 100% every planet and finishing the last bounty hunters off, before I begin new game +.

8/10, the only thing that takes it from a 9 to an 8. Is the piss poor condition the game launched in.

11 Likes

That sucks you had to do that, but you can export your save data for free by using a USB instead of the cloud service.

And also, rebuilding your database (at least how it worked on PS4) didn’t mess with your save files, or at least it never did for me, as I had to use that a couple times with some console bugs it had.

Unless, there’s something specific with J:S that requires a save data backup and refresh, I don’t know the specifics of what bugs it has… :confused:

3 Likes

You can do that with saves from PS4 games (on PS4 or PS5), but you cannot with PS5 games. As someone who has never had PS+ and semi-regularly used a USB to back up my PS4 saves, it’s one of the few things that annoys me about the PS5.

5 Likes

Some of the PS5 features feel weirdly behind the PS4 at times, I don’t get it.

You can’t manually update an installed game you haven’t played in a while (thats not on your home page). You need to open it for it to search for an update.

6 Likes

I’m aware, but just like double saving when playing a game. I simply don’t trust it.

If I’m not mistaken, it can be done now. Yet I would never trust it, since there is always the possibility that data becomes corrupted.

2 Likes

I’ve only played for less than an hour, but

BallisticNG (Steam)

All I’ll say is that if you’re a fan of the WipeOut racing games, do yourself a favor and get this game immediately!

4 Likes