What was your last purchase? 2.0

Just bought my very first lego set in ages, architecture was a series i was always interested in and the toyshop i work at sell them at good prices, and i even got a sale cause i work there.

15 Likes

You work at a toyshop? I mean, I imagine the kids can be hell at times and I’m sure there are lots of problems that you get when you work retail, but to be kindof honest, I am a little jealous. Do you get a staff discount atall? I’d probably go broke if I could get Lego at a discounted price and be surrounded by it every shift.

7 Likes

Any discount for workers’ online friends? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

My work gives discounts throughout the mall on a case-by-case basis (if I visit there regularly, it’s always at about 50%, or free). Along with that I get free drinks at the vendor I work at regardless.

Jack of all trades, strategist of the hospo underbelly.

7 Likes

Yup, honestly one of the most relaxing jobs ive ever had. There’s enough to do to where i don’t get bored but i don’t have to be quick about things and i can do stuff at my own pace. Some customers can be annoying but those don’t show up often. And i get a staff discount, which made me cave and buy lego in the first place. This set went from 65 euros to 40 euros with my staff discount. Which i think is a good price for it

:wink: sadly not

7 Likes

Also, i finished building the set. And what a fun experience, might buy more of the architecture line now, it was an engaging building experience all the way through

16 Likes

As a former annoying child and on behalf of all the annoying kids you have to deal with, We are very sorry for everything we have ever done to you.

Trust me, some of these experiences will also haunt the children once they’re older.

1 Like

I am so jelly of you right now.

I work for a pizza chain. I get a 50% discount but am allowed free pizzas since I always work the closing shift, which usually ends at 11:30pm, by which point everything is shut except the 24 hour McDonalds nearby. I don’t like our pizzas, I think the pizzas a ton of the local takeaways do are so much better, which kinda sucks although it probably means I don’t eat pizza everynight I guess.

3 Likes

Only just arrived and will be a while before I’ve worked out what re-arrangements I want to do to give me a space to mount them, but YOLO…

24 Likes

Are they metal posters from displate? they look great.

6 Likes

Are those these Displates or what they are called?

If so, please give a little review because they are teasing me with Codename 47s Boxart :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Yup, all Displates in the smallest size (Medium) and in the Matte finish (vs the Gloss finish).

4 Likes

So i guess you helped Grey robbing the Partners😛

3 Likes

I got one Hitman displate, I bought it around 17. I love it, I wanted to purchase a Witcher 3 in same style. Sadly he doesn’t sell that version anymore.

4 Likes

A Twix bar

11 Likes

I bought an expensive drawing tablet for my fiancee.

It’s something we’ve been trying to get for a while. Their digital art has been restricted to phones for years.

6 Likes

and it still looks super good judging from stuff like yer youtube avatar, major props to yer fiancee for making amazing art on their phone,i hope the drawing tablet will help her make even more awesome art

1 Like

Cheers for posting these! Im sure they will look great on the wall. What do you think of the quality?

2 Likes

Very happy with them, the art looks just like the images on the Displate store site, and the metal prints are well-finished and feel high quality. Will let you know how the mounting goes when I get round to it, I hear that if there’s an Achilles Heel to buying Displates it’s the mounting.

4 Likes

From my experience it’s pretty simple, you just apply the adhesive mount to the wall and that should be that. Unless they have changed method over the years, that said I do fear removing it again. If it will rip off the wallpaper beneath.

2 Likes