What was your last purchase? 2.0

To TBS fans: I bought Marvel Midnight Suns on the Epic game store (it’s free for a week). I am still waiting for XCom 3, but may be it will never happen. Here’s the link:

https://store.epicgames.com/it/p/marvels-midnight-suns

3 Likes

Bought the new MacBook Air M3 with 16 GB ram and 512 GB storage in midnight.

I longed wanted an alternative to my phone for browsing and productivity. I prefer doing those tasks on a computer, I’m also at a point where booting up my massive gaming computer for such light tasks seems moronic and inconvenient.

With this I can easily be around my family, without secluding myself in my “office”. Hopefully it will also motivate me to write more on the forum. I can rarely be bothered to do it through my phone.

I ultimately choose the Mac due to its seamless integration between phone and computer. A convenience I’m willing to pay extra for.

I bought an iPad a year or so ago to achieve the same results. But it turns out it’s basically a bigger iPhone.

15 Likes

Picked up my Codename 47 and Silent Assassin records. As previously discussed, I really hope they release the Contracts and Blood Money ones too.

According to the stats, Jesper Kyd is my all time #2 most listened to artist in the 8 years or so I’ve been on Spotify.

13 Likes

I hope you’ll enjoy it! I recently purchased a base model M1 mb air and I love it. These are beast machines, leagues above my former Lenovo. And that Lenovo cost me twice as much.

New MacBooks are insane.

6 Likes

The new windows + copilot laptops should rival and even exceed the newer m3 MacBooks. Both on performance and battery. They are also a bit cheaper.

I shortly considered buying one, but it wouldn’t fulfil the main draw that the MacBooks have. The ecosystem that I seek between phone and laptop.

2 Likes

Did yours have the confidential-packaging intact? Mine was ripped apart, even considered buying it again just so I have a pristine one in my shelf.

1 Like

Yeah, one was fully intact, the other had clearly been opened by the distributor (Final Boss Bundle) Bit disappointed as it took the enjoyment out of opening the package myself but I will be playing these a lot so not too fussed, definitely not cool if you want a collector’s piece though.

2 Likes

Definitely did not buy to play as a certain sexy bald man later this year.

14 Likes

Guess some guy didn’t want to pay for his art print. So sideshow gave me the opportunity to snag it.

Now I’m up one art print for my wall and basically got it for free after rewards points.

6 Likes

This has been a long time coming. I ordered it over a month ago, the company does not have US imports set up so shipping was not smooth. It’s here now though just one day after my birthday. Beautiful I think. The only hand goes around only once in a day.

12 Likes

I don’t do wrist watches (can’t stand the feel of them) but I have a pretty good collection of pocket watches. That looks very nice! I really like 24 hour watches.

4 Likes

I have only one of those. It’s not pricey or fancy. Stainless steel double hunter 17 jewel, but she runs and I love her.

I HATE pocket watch chains though bc they fall out so I have a full necklace instead that I use to secure it to my vest. I have to play with it occasionally to ensure it doesn’t look stupid, but usually you wouldn’t notice.

1 Like

Same here, and we all have smartphones these days. Though this old Omega Constellation looks so pretty I’m willing to buy one just for the sake of it.

5 Likes

So I finally made it

ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 X3D

Screen diagonal: 17.3"
Screen type: IPS
Screen refresh rate: 240 Hz
Screen resolution: 2560x1440

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX3D (2.3 - 5.4 GHz)
RAM: 32 GB DDR5-4800 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB

Now I can play HITMAN anywhere

14 Likes

For two whole minutes!

4 Likes

Dunno about battery capacity (so far not so impressed) but with a power source the play time is unlimited :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Please give us impressions on whenever you get to it.

I’m very interested in how they adapt it for a second time to VR, possibly with more VR-focused features.

5 Likes

Will do. Excited to see how it will turn out.

4 Likes

A ticket on Frontier Airlines… for you Europe peeps it’s similar to easy jet or ryan, only I think both those operations take less delays and cancels. We will see how this goes.

7 Likes